Video card does not support pixel shader 2.0

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Joria

24-01-2012

I just installed LoL on this computer, i have it on another computer and it gave me no problem, this tho is a bit old, and as i try to run LoL it says that "Video card does not support pixel shader 2.0". anyone knows if the problem can be solved? thx

Joria

24-01-2012

I know the DxDiag info might be of help, still i don't know how to attach a file here :P i'll paste it below

------------------
System Information
------------------
Time of this report: 1/24/2012, 12:11:09
Machine name: LAB
Operating System: Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 3 (2600.xpsp_sp3_gdr.111025-1629)
Language: Italian (Regional Setting: Italian)
System Manufacturer: P4V88
System Model: P4V88
BIOS: Default System BIOS
Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.00GHz (2 CPUs)
Memory: 1022MB RAM
Page File: 527MB used, 1165MB available
Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
DxDiag Version: 5.03.2600.5512 32bit Unicode

------------
DxDiag Notes
------------
DirectX Files Tab: No problems found.
Display Tab 1: No problems found.
Sound Tab 1: No problems found.
Music Tab: No problems found.
Input Tab: No problems found.
Network Tab: No problems found.

--------------------
DirectX Debug Levels
--------------------
Direct3D: 0/4 (n/a)
DirectDraw: 0/4 (retail)
DirectInput: 0/5 (n/a)
DirectMusic: 0/5 (n/a)
DirectPlay: 0/9 (retail)
DirectSound: 0/5 (retail)
DirectShow: 0/6 (retail)

Aregionius

Senior Wrenchman

25-01-2012

Your DxDiag copy cuts off before the video card information. Looking at the stats posted, it looks like your computer is a bit old, if that's the cases most likely your hardware is not new enough to meet the minimum requirements.

BatPhastard

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-02-2012

Yeah, your GPU is causing this issue, you can shop around and see if you can pick up an old VGA card that supports Shader 2.0 (it allows pixel transparency or somthing along those lines thus games with transparent pixels in them can't / won't run) because I am assuming that on such an old system you don't have any PCI Express slots.

If there arnt any VGA cards with shader 2.0 support your only solution will be to replace the Motherboard to a more modern one, this would result in you needing to upgrade pretty much everything else ( bar the HDDs), so if I were you, I would either throw in the towel or get a new Case and build a system from scratch.