AD Teemo - What's wrong?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

vApple

23-01-2012

I often enjoy playing Teemo, the rainman style (with my own twist towards the end..)

Nearly ever game I've played with this build I've won and been a great asset to the team, (often warding key zones, slowing run away champions with mushrooms and on average* getting 13/3/15.

Yet, whenever I join a solo queue, people rage when they see me select Teemo (i don't insta-lock). Why is this? Why has Teemo got such a bad reputation? Very often I change peoples mind when I play him. But when people want an AD Carry they're only interested in Vayne or Cait. Is there a main reason for this I'm perhaps missing?

I've played LoL for awhile now but I'm still learning and want to understand soo.. Help me out here! O_o

vApple

23-01-2012

bump-b4-bed

D3NOM

23-01-2012

you need to go ap on teemo -.-

AetherAngel

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

23-01-2012

His low range and stats make him quite weak as an ad carry imo.
Also u waste the power of the ap skills if u play him bot.
Tanky top is a way to go. Somehow I always destroy a teemo bot with vayne/sivir.
(think his range is like 500?)

vApple

23-01-2012

VENOM, I appreciate AP Teemo, I used to play AP Teemo quite a bit, but he's just too weak during ranked games. His damage is too dependant on his mushroom placement and lacks the speed to farm successfully imo..

Aether, you may be onto something there.. I agree his range IS annoying, especially when up against Cait/Vayne. (although I have gone against Vayne before and, with proper support from lane mate, able to harass her into returning to base, a lot. Guess that one is solely down to the player.

But I do agree with the range issue, I didn't think of that

AetherAngel

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

23-01-2012

The problem is, if I run a lane with a stun, like taric/alistar together with vayne.
Teemo will just die before he can utilize his speed/blind.
Plus oracles counters your shrooms really badly.

midnight illusio

23-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by VENOM DeNoM View Post
you need to go ap on teemo -.-
I'm pretty sure the vast majority of high ELO players would disagree with you, and The Rain Man would probably kill you for saying that.

Anyway, as to why Teemo has a bad reputation, it's the same as Nidalee. A lot of low-mid ELO players don't understand them, and so play them wrong, giving those champions a bad reputation. Of course, you do get the occassional really good Teemo player, but mostly they are pretty terrible. Most players in ranked would rather not take the risk of having a bad teemo on their team.

Raptorg

23-01-2012

Remind me again why anybody should care about TRM's opinion?

HMHS8

23-01-2012

base auto-attack range a bit 2 low

VvV iMid

23-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by vApple View Post
I often enjoy playing Teemo, the rainman style [...] when people want an AD Carry they're only interested in Vayne or Cait. Is there a main reason for this I'm perhaps missing?
TRM's Teemo is a top lane bruiser. He's an hard counter to Irelia and several other AA-based bruisers (I suppose it would counter Shyvana nicely, since she heavily relies on AAs to extend the Burnout duration, but I wouldn't be 100% sure, since she's not enterely AA based)

From what u're saying, I'd assume u play him as an AD carry.

AD Teemo is fine, especially if played Genja's style (Wriggle + 3 Doran's into PD), even though he lacks a proper carry's range that doesn't mean much against the average player (though pros would stomp it)

Bruiser Teemo played as AD Carry, on the other hand, is terrible. 2 or 3 Doran's, Wriggle, Mallet, Wit's End. While u build those, enemy carry has IE and PD. Guess who does more dmg in teamfights?

If u play him TRM's style, play him top. I do, and no1 complains... I've seen full AD Teemos, and no1 complained either. I've seen full AP Teemos, and again no complains. Just make sure u know what role u're supposed to fill, because if u play an AD carry with a bruiser build, u deserve ur reports...