Renekton Masteries

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Laár

15-01-2012

Hey guys,
I've been playing around with various builds for Renekton and was just wondering if anybody could tell me if the mastery 'Arcane Knowledge' (+10% magical penetration) was any good for Renekton?

I know it sounds like a weird question to have because he's physical, but I was curious to know weither it was good for his ultimate or not? I've tried doing some research, but haven't found any relative posts that provide an answer.

Cheers in advance!

ArcaneRapier

15-01-2012

http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/Renekton

Says it is magical, so it should be helped by that mastery, so yeah, I think if you already take the cooldown reduction masteries on offensive tree you might as well take this. but I would *never* chose it personally because I would use my standard physical tank build of 9-21-0

Laár

15-01-2012

Hey ArcaneRapier, thanks for your reply. I'll take your advice and avoid the mastery.

Good Guy Prodiac

15-01-2012

I am using this:

http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-legends/mastery-tree-planner#&tree1=0-3-0-1-4-4-0-4-1-0-0-0-0-0-3-0-1&tree2=0-1-3-0-4-0-0-1-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0&tree3=0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0&v=2

You do not need to buff the utli, because the damage is not necessary anyway. The use of the ulti is to gain a lot of health and to have always enough fury in teamfights. Magical damage is just some extra thing, but no need to buy MPen because of that or even AP.

I take 4 points in crit over 3 points in lifesteal, because USUALLY I do not buy early lifesteal on Renek and critting in lane is OP. If you are against a tough enemy or counterpicked, you can go Wriggles early and 3% extra lifesteal are still good. All you really need is the damage and the penetration.

FeralPony

Live Balance Designer

15-01-2012
1 of 1 Riot Posts

I personally go back and forth between 9/21/0 and 21/9/0. In the offensive build I pick up both Alacrity + Weapon Expertise and Sorcery and Arcane Knowledge, following up with Vampirism, Sunder, and Executioner, skipping over Havoc and Deadliness. The damage on Renek's ultimate is deceptively high though difficult to feel due to it being a slow burn. I find it worth the 1 point Arcane Knowledge for the extra damage since I want the CDR anyway.

In the 9/21/0 build, I would obviously go straight for the armor pen and pass over the magic pen. Try some stuff out and see what works best for you.

Vraelis

15-01-2012

I go 22/8/0, if I recall rightly. I haven't changed the Mastery page since I set it up. I rely on Runes to keep him just tanky enough to mince targets.
I don't, however, take the CDR Mastery or Arcane Knowledge anymore, because my build usually caps coooldown reduction. I've been playing him since he came out, and I don't think I've been more successful than with the new Mastery tree.
That said, he can struggle a bit when not solotop or if a ranged enemy really cracks down on his Fury gain. Although by level 3, sometimes 4, and with this Mastery build, you can Slice over minions, Ruthless Predator most of a target's health off, follow up with Cull to get a bit more Fury, and either Dice out or Dice after them. They usually start running around that point, you see.