[Champion Suggestion] Sorotos the Shamanistic Master (Updated)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

UnSigNed

18-01-2012

The mental image I get from your description is hilarious, but either the stun duration has to be short (Like 0.3 - 0.5 seconds) or the amount of Air Orbs has to be reduced, or else it'll be back to square one.

I like the idea

Naxxistrasza

18-01-2012

i think starting at 0.2 and going up to 1 second would be fair. unless ofc it is possible to get hit by multiple orbs in a row, then 0.5 max sounds good.

UnSigNed

19-01-2012

Edits have been made on his E ability.

Please see the Changelog at the bottom of the original post for details.

UnSigNed

22-01-2012

This suggestion should now be close to done

Positive feedback or further suggestions are always appreciated though, so keep bumping it back to the front page guys

SubjectSeven

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

22-01-2012

The skills look good. though there are a few things with the passives:

Qpassive: too weak. 2% damage increase means nothing, and 6% doesn't either. you get up to 12 extra base damage on rank 5! which is would you would get with 20 AP too. make it 3/6/9/12/15% for it to be noticable (he has to get in normal attack range to get this damage anyway). Also, do burning enemies take DoT? if they do it could mean lich bane would be a good item on fire-focused Sorotos.

Wpassive: too strong. you passively get more health than a 1110 gold giant belt, and armor as a bonus. the armor itself would be stong enough already, since on casters it would increase their physical resistance by about 10% late game, and even more early game due to the low initial values.

Wactive: another a close range skill kinda ruins the thing mages excel at. it would be better to grow an earth elemental at target location that will be the epicenter of the earthquake.

E: I like the passive, promotes coming closer even more than auto attacking with Q. But I don't think that the active synergizes well with the passive. if the passive means they circle around him (i'm assuming at a speed of something close to mundo's W but a bit slower) how are you going to get people to be affected by the passive? unless you increase the range of course..

I had an idea for a more fun active. what if you fire one of the air orbs in a straight line towards your cursor (like irelia's R), pushing back everything it touches by around 100 range? you can use the passive to let them come close and let them suffer for it, or use it not to allow them to get close with pushing back.

R: I don't think an ultimate fits a champion that uses all 'elements' equally. Like udyr I think you would be better off having no ultimate, and just another skill, with just another passive. the mobility increase could fit water very well.

passive: I don't think the spirit realm fits in line with the entire elements thing, as well as the passive movementspeed increase being too powerful (miss fortune has up to 75 movementspeed from her passive, but that's without being attacked, and builds up over time).

I think there is potential here for something really powerful though. Do you know the game Magicka?
something similar could fit here, combining elements for additional effects.

fire = burning enemies, earth = the earth elemental you cast, air = the orbs orbiting you, water = enemies made wet by the water skill.

when you use another element on an enemy, new effects are applied:

fire+earth / earth+fire: lava
the burning/earth elemental turns into lava over the entire area of the skill, burning and dealing additional damage. o(note that the area of the burning is only the affected champion)

fire+ water/water+fire: steam
the water/fire on the enemy is turned into rapidly expanding steam, dealing damage and pushing everything around the affected enemies away 150 range.

fire+wind/wind+fire: oxidization
the powerful wind makes the flames rage even more furiously, the air orbs set fire to everything they touch, and the already burning enemies take 25% more damage from burning and have the burning debuff refreshed.

etc.

it may be complicated, but awesome. even if you do not wish to include the passive, a more udyr-caster type of character would fit him a lot better. all skills should have 5 ranks, allowing for specialization in some elements because you can't get enough skillpoints.

UnSigNed

22-01-2012

Idd SubjectSeven, and like all your champion suggestions, your ideas are intricate as hell, but awesome at the same time.

I can agree and like all your comments, but it's the comment you propose on his passive that bothers me... He is not ment to be a normal mage using elemental magic, but supposed to be a "real" shaman. "Real" shamans doesn't only use elemental force to punish their opponents, but spirits and the after-life also plays a major role in their beliefs etc. Therefore, the passive is a fitting passive which also gives him the proper bonus to help him position himself in TF's.

Thanks for feedback

SubjectSeven

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

22-01-2012

ah well i guess the skills sounded like elements were the main theme.

in that case you can indeed have some kind of spirit passive. the mana regen increase is smart, good for laning sustain. since the movementspeed fits water well imo you could increase magic resist?

also, I hope you didn't forget to read "even if you do not wish to include the passive, a more udyr-caster type of character would fit him a lot better. all skills should have 5 ranks, allowing for specialization in some elements because you can't get enough skillpoints."

UnSigNed

22-01-2012

Idd, I did keep that in mind, and I have considered it. I do agree that an elemental caster type of shaman should be able to use all kinds of elements as he wishes, with equal strength etc. However it would be hard to balance as all his skill's passive components would have to be active all at the same time, unlike Udyr where the passives only work when he has recently used one ability.

If you think about it, 6% increased damage on Magma Bolt, AFTER using magma bolt, would not work all that well unless you actually wait for the cooldown to go back down, which would be kind of pointless :P

Naxxistrasza

22-01-2012

UnSigNed have you dropped the new ult we talked about? and btw, if you do make it you'll have a way to implement lightning, which i feel is the only element missing. Shamans should have lightning.

UnSigNed

23-01-2012

I myself saw lightning as an elemental class for shamans to wield in combat at first. However, the element "lightning" is basically just what Blizzard chose to be the damaging elemental equivalent of air (Air Bolt sounds a lot less painfull than Lightning Bolt, don't you agree?). Shamans actually do not have anything to do with neither lightning (which actually is more like druids and dryads, with nature and all that) nor chaos, as they mainly work to keep the elements in peace. Preservers of peace are pretty much hypocrites, should they suddenly decide to inleash hell.

I hope that this clarified a few things