[Champion Suggestion] Sorotos the Shamanistic Master (Updated)

123456 ... 7
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Naxxistrasza

16-01-2012

hey m8. i see you did like my suggestions after all

the passive on the Q is well done, i like it a lot when a mages auto attacks gain value from some mechanic.

the E actually seems a little weak to me. 50 range knockback? Xin Zhao for example has an attack range of 175. Udyr has 125. just some examples, but they should show you how insignificant this range is. a 300 wouldn't be OP imo, the dmg isn't THAT high and it's mainly to stop attackers. you think a 50 pushback stops a Xin or an Irealia with Zeal or FoN for example?

idk if the active should change. how does this 0.33 scale? 2 orbs: 0.33 x2 = 0.66. 3 orbs 0.33 x3 = 0.99? or 3 orbs: 0.33 x2 = 0.66 x2 = 1.32 and so on?

are you gonna do the lore changes we talked about btw or?

the rest of the numbers seem balanced to me atm, so you did a gr8 job on him would so like to see him implemented, think so many people would find him interesting to play. he has just that right balance between complicated and still fun.

UnSigNed

17-01-2012

His only escape mechanism should be this E ability, and making the knock.back launch enemies further, as they can only be hit by the orbs at 425 range (as that is the range at wich the orbs circle) 50 units knock back is indeed enough, considering he has 4 of em, making it very hard to actually pass them in the first place.

"The duration of the Knock-up is multiplied by the amount of active orbs." meaning that yes, the knock-up duration is increased like you describe in the first example.

The lore changes are in the works

Naxxistrasza

17-01-2012

still, 50 is next to noothing, it's about 1 step. if melee range is as high as 175?

UnSigNed

17-01-2012

You're missunderstanding again m8, enemies cannot be hit by the orbs once they actually are inside of their circling range, making it so that they won't be knocked back 50 when they strike Sorotos, but when they get hit by the orbs at 425 units. Should enemies be inside of the air orb's circling range, then Sorotos just has to activate the ability and then attempt again to knock them back with the orbs.

UnSigNed

17-01-2012

Edits have been made.

Please see the Changelog at the bottom of the original post for details.

Naxxistrasza

18-01-2012

and i STILL think 50 is too low even at 425 range. dude, it takes them 1 step and they've moved more than those 50, making the pushback completely useless. how is a difference of 50 range relevant in any situation, if a melee attacker actually has an attack range of up to 175? maybe it's me being stupid but i REALLY don't see how this is even remotely useful in any situation :S

UnSigNed

18-01-2012

The pushback is not supposed to be a reliant escape tool. If he gets two types of escape machanics, an extremely strong knockback as well as a strong knock-up, from a single spell, then I believe that he would simply gain too much utility from a single ability... It is also not supposed to be used only as a deffensive ability, which I have a feeling it would become if it gave this much utility.

Another thing is that it isn't the knockback in its own that is important, its the time spent unnable to act for the enemy champion. I think it's safe to say that we simply do not agree on this point xP

Naxxistrasza

18-01-2012

well when you put it that way it does make more sense than when you keep insisting that the pushback being at 425 range makes it stronger but still, i just cant shake the feeling that 50 is really laughable. i actually have another idea if you're willing to do another change?

UnSigNed

18-01-2012

That's what posting the suggestions on the forums are for

So yea, shoot

Naxxistrasza

18-01-2012

well. the reason you did the pushback change was to make it more fitting. but now, as i see it, a pushback will either be OP or UP on him (50 range sucks, but i agree longer would give him too good escape :S). so, why not make it what you essentially want it to be: something fitting that stops the enemy for a short while, and has a unique flavour to it.

lets make it spin the enemy around for, idk, 1 or 1.5 seconds. just hold him in place/"stun" him by spinning his model around. this CC is a bit unique, very fitting, and accomplishes what you want it to.

visual would the thet the wind ball explodes and the winds inside it engulf him and spin him before dispersing.

123456 ... 7