Jax "rework", more like Jax nerf!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Noobqv1st

12-01-2012

Okey so I just watched the new champion spotlight of Jax and this is what came to my mind..

I think Jax used to be a very cool and different champion to play. I really did.

So what they did in this patch was not just a rework around his dodge, they also changed his passive and ultimate.

The CD on his E is now 21sec at lv1, so it will be a REALLY meh-ability until it is maxed out which will have to be lv18 in order not to be useless in terms of damage output in fights. And still at level 18 the CD is 12sec with a blue elixir in the spotlight, so it's like what, 14sec~ CD maxed out? Now that's a big-ass nerf compared to what it used to be (5sec~ plus you could dodge even when the skill was on CD).

Regarding the passive. They just made this champion like any other bruiser (to me Jax right place to be is solo top) and now that the passive doesn't stack HP when building AD/AP any longer, you have to build him like any other atmogs bruiser in order to be beefy enough.

So what did you guys think of this "rework"? I am really disappointed with it, this is in my opinion another huge nerf against Jax. The only thing i see as an improvement is that his early laning might be a little stronger with the AS buff from the passive, but that is all.

Hattori Hanzõ

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-01-2012

The CD for his "e" is way to long i hope they will read it and fix it cause 21s is a very long time in teamfights. And i hope they give him back his passive cause i don't like playing with atmogs...

Yostie

12-01-2012

Yep, i made a thread about this too.
Unreliable melee dmg with only protection against auto attacks is going to end badly.

sammy a

12-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phreak:
His stats and abilities are not unchanged. While the functionality of Q and W are identical, their numbers are different. For example, his HP per level is going up to compensate for the loss of the old free health passive.

As someone who's been playing a ton of Jax internally to make sure he's balanced:

1a. Do not, do not, do not underestimate the power of a jungler with a 700 range leap strike + stun. Pantheon wishes he could jungle gank like Jax. "Do not underestimate the power of 35% crit at full health" proved to be a correct statement. Trust me on this one

1b. His jungle clear speed is really, really fast. Getting that free attack speed from level 1 is a big deal.

2. His damage, cooldown, and scaling values are different such that you get a lot of new gameplay:

2a. For example, if you build pure glass cannon, you're doing to be squishier than before, but have more damage than before. This feeds in from his ultimate giving even more AD/AP, and it comes in from tweaked cooldowns and ratios.

2b. Your sustained itemless DPS is a bit higher, so zero-gold Jax (or pure tank Jax) is stronger than before, both from base ability damage and from base stat increases.

2c. Building some mix of both damage and durability, which is the build I think is most likely (See: Lee Sin, Nocturne, Gangplank) will put you almost exactly where you were before in both damage and durability.

3. A reliable on-demand stun is a big deal.

Honestly, Jax is not nerfed. He has more viable build options, the ability to jungle, and just the right amount of power, IMO.

If do miss the mark on his power, then we can just buff him. We removed the toxic mechanics so that we can safely buff/nerf him without creating a snowballing nightmare. If he comes out weak, we buff. If he comes out too strong, we nerf.

honestly people need to stop complaining before anyone has even tried him

Noobqv1st

12-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yostie View Post
Yep, i made a thread about this too.
Unreliable melee dmg with only protection against auto attacks is going to end badly.
Agreed, since they removed the M.res buff from the ultimate as far I get it too.

Downvotes in first post, I guess you thought the rework was good instead? Leave a comment what you thought was good about it!

Kabbam

12-01-2012

Not all reworks failed miserably, Kayle's did, but GP's, Ryze's, Nidalee's and Sona's were very good. These champions are in an excellent spot right now. Just WAIT A WHILE before spouting utter nonsense and calling out RIOT Y U DESTROI THIZ CHAMP.

I'm really dissapointed by your impatience and general stupidity.

Noobqv1st

12-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabbam View Post
Not all reworks failed miserably, Kayle's did, but GP's, Ryze's, Nidalee's and Sona's were very good. These champions are in an excellent spot right now. Just WAIT A WHILE before spouting utter nonsense and calling out RIOT Y U DESTROI THIZ CHAMP.

I'm really dissapointed by your impatience and general stupidity.
Okey I respect your answer even though calling me stupid, I think I had valid arguments why I view this rework as a nerf.

E cooldown increased by 250%.

Passive changed from a unique one that gave more build options to a passive very much like Lee Sin's for example who get an AS buff from using his spells.

Ultimade no longer give m.res so in order to be as resistant to mages as before you need at least give up a slot for a banshee/FoN.

What do you see that is making him better/equal to before? I motivated everything I wrote about so how does that become utter nonsense? Also I didn't claim they destroyed him either, that's something different from claiming he got nerfed. So try to read what I actually wrote and let me quote you by saying " I'm really dissapointed by your general stupidity".

TheLiberation

12-01-2012

The thing that struck me the most in the spotlight is him having what looked like nearly 3000 HP even though the old passive is gone and his only HP item was Trinity Force.

Sounds UP.

PsychoLandy

12-01-2012

The free gold passive needed to be removed, end of story. What made him imbalanced is his ability to deal insane amounts of hybrid damage whilst staying tanky as heck (doubled base hp from builing only AP and AD), being an excellent chaser with 4 sec CD Leap Strike on huge range.

He gets raped in a teamfight as an excuse? Name me one meleer who doesn't, when built full offence, like Jax could.

As Kabbam said, he might even be stronger than he was before, in terms of overall power, just isn't the insane snowballer he was before.

Ãce

12-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLiberation View Post
The thing that struck me the most in the spotlight is him having what looked like nearly 3000 HP even though the old passive is gone and his only HP item was Trinity Force.

Sounds UP.
First: he had under 3k hp,
Second: he had trinity and prospect thingy from dominion
Third: dont all offtanks have around 3k hp with trinity and the prospect thingy?