So i started playing talon...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

JackGim

11-01-2012

with my 5 premade team, on middle to counter the enemy ap caster (it works really fine imho) and i was wondering if my runes and masteries where good...

should i play him 21 9 0 (health bonus) or 21 0 9?

also i'm using my standard ad rune page, hp quints, armor pen red, mr and armor for blue and yellow and i was wondering what runes should i use to make him stronger...

so any tips?

GiaLoTa

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-01-2012

More armor penetration - red ARP, Quints - FLAT AD, Blue flat MR, Yellow flat Armour/HP, 21-0-9 glass canon finished with GA

tp10 HD RTz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-01-2012

Hey,

My current rune page and masteries for talon are:
Marks: Greater Mark of Might x9
Seals: Greater Seal of Clarity x9
Glyphs: Greater Glyph of Warding x9
Quints: Greater Quintessence of might x3

I am using manareg p/lvl and ad p/lvl because the early game is quite bad of talon,
but soon as he gets a blue buf around lvl 6/7 you can push ur lane fast and roam and get
some kills, or just destroy ur lane. I've seen westrice and angush playing talon with 15 phys dmg
mana p/lvl and magic resist but I really disliked it, I prefer these runes

My current masteries:
21-0-9
His defense (MR) is pretty nice at lvl 1 so I dont need the 9 points in defense.

P.S

remember (wota/hextech revolver/hextech gunblade) - Lets say spellvamp works on ur E / R
abbilities so if your supp or ap carry that went top gets wota its GG.

I Ash I UK

11-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiaLoTa View Post
More armor penetration - red ARP, Quints - FLAT AD, Blue flat MR, Yellow flat Armour/HP, 21-0-9 glass canon finished with GA

Yeah what he said ^

I don't always build glass cannon if the enemy team buys a lot oracles because then you have no way to escape after the kill. Frozen mallet and Atmas after BT and Brutalizer works well for me in those situations.

CrazyDutch

11-01-2012

i also recently picked up talon, i use the exact rune setup GiaLoTa recommends, i just find it really hard to lane against the AP's though (except kassadin, talon hard counters him uber hard)
I'd like some tips on how to play him mid. I try to harras the enemy with W untill they are like half health and then combo them with ignite. the problem is actually harrassing and not getting denied CS mid. If I am in range to W they are also able to nuke me. i find it pretty hard to play

G SMC

11-01-2012

i not long ago pick talun and i die to baron minute 16 what do ? ap quints

Vashcao

11-01-2012

yellow i recomend mana regen if your goin mid and 21\0\9 on mid seems more viable, so that u can spam your rakes

GiaLoTa

11-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vashcao View Post
yellow i recomend mana regen if your goin mid and 21\0\9 on mid seems more viable, so that u can spam your rakes
the trick is in 21-0-9

you get some mp regen and each level you gain mp which is 3/4 cost of one rake, this mana pool should be enough

TruêPain

11-01-2012

I am interested in this as well,

I have been trying to run 21/9/0 using ArP reds, flat health quints, health per level/armor seals and flat magic resistance.

Even when i rush a philo stone i find the mana to be a bit lacking, especially if i am in top lane against someone who doesn't use any, might try out 21/0/9 or mana regen seals.

JackGim

11-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyDutch View Post
i also recently picked up talon, i use the exact rune setup GiaLoTa recommends, i just find it really hard to lane against the AP's though (except kassadin, talon hard counters him uber hard)
I'd like some tips on how to play him mid. I try to harras the enemy with W untill they are like half health and then combo them with ignite. the problem is actually harrassing and not getting denied CS mid. If I am in range to W they are also able to nuke me. i find it pretty hard to play
take life steal and be a badass, if he comes near u just use ur full combo without R, minions are yours, start with cloth armor and 5 pots, just care about mana (i always have the second blue so it's not a problem for me actually)