Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a tonne of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out Boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Would u like to see such a chamipion in League of Legends?

Yes 65 83.33%
No 8 10.26%
I am just neutral. 5 6.41%
Voters 78 .

Velociraptor/ Dinosaur Champion

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Wicked Optimism

02-10-2012

i like this champion ! and hope to see him on the fields of justice soon !! > please remember though that riot will NEVER use exactly the type of champion that is described on any thread.. but you have a chance of a champion to have very similar traits some day! just you wait something like this champion will come ! i just know it have fun guys ..

best regards funnymonkey12

Rec7aiMer

Master Recruiter

02-10-2012

Yes maybe. I know that Riot doesnt copy suggestions. But like i said i really try to give them impulses into this way, since a Raptor champion would fit so nice into this game. Also With great skins for sure. Just look at Nautilus,"Predator Yi", Ahri,Ashe,Tryn, superhero teemo and others. Its so obsiously that they got inspiration from other games,movies, and other stuff when they designed this champions/skins.

Thats why i just try to keep this suggestion present on the first page. With some luck a developer one day reads and likes it and thinks about a dinosaur champion. However is just saw that in the Na forum some ppl already suggested a dinosaur champion. So there may be a chance.

And i am also disappointed of this useless no voters who just dont leave a comment or just say things like we already have a reptile. We already have a mage like ryze who needs xerath then? Maybe Riot should stop releasing any champions cuz we have enough carries,supporters,mages,tanks and so on. LoL is balanced for now how it is why still supporting it?

If some1like this please vote,leave a comment and search for the champion suggestion 2012(Link on the 1st page)and also vote there.Keeps this thread up with comments.Talk about dinosaurs in general, show Riot that you want a dinosaur champion. Leave usefull criticism.

Haze211

02-11-2012

It is sometimes really obviously. We all know who is very,very similar to Nautilus *cough* ->
Big Daddy from Bioshock . But hey, well all get inspired from the world around us.
I also hope to see this champion one day. Dinosaurs are really great. Especially a Velociraptor.
If the genetic technology will ever allow us to see this creatures in Real Life?

Partygeit

02-14-2012

Do you guys know Velo means bicycle in French? >.<

Rec7aiMer

Master Recruiter

02-16-2012

Many words have different meanings in other languages. Velociraptor means bicycle seizer/robber/predator for you then. Just dont think this way and everthing is fine .

Technically theres not a big problem on cloning a dinosaur. Humanity is able to clone all kind of extincted animals and also plants.
But theres one problem with the dinosaurs:
Over the millions and millions of years the DNA in the bones consisted. The organs and skins decayed.
The porous bones started to fossilise. This means that the bones we find arent regular bones anymore. They are filled with minerals. For the gentechnology they are just useless, since theres nothing organic anymore on them.
There are forms of sediments that maybe preserved the fossils well enough, because they were softer and didnt apply so much pressure on the bones, but protected the DNA. Actually this regions arent investigated that much. DNA of 130 Mill. years old insects was already found. So there is some hope.
Dinosaur DNA would be the first step into the direction of an breathing and real dinosaur clone.

Another thing is that scientists believe that, if there is a Evolution there is also an Re- Evolution. They believe that it is possible to deactivate the DNA chain, which make birds , well.....birds. As we know birds descend from the dinosaurs, although they are next of kin and havent ever been real dinosaurs. Think on the Archaeopteryx. After the deactivation they will try to reactivate the DNA chains which will cause that the Chickens(They actually experiment with them) get tooths, real claws and a prehistoric appearance. They wil still lay eggs and act like a normal chicken, but they look like 90Mill. years ago.

Though they arent full dinosaurs they will give us a taste of the app. of a real one. And keep in mind that its still possible to find real dinosaur DNA.

Rec7aiMer

Master Recruiter

02-23-2012

*Bump* So many readers and voters, but in comparison much less repplies.

Rec7aiMer

Master Recruiter

03-10-2012

*Bump*

Rec7aiMer

Master Recruiter

03-26-2012

Riot just released a new jurassic skin for Kog Maw. We already had one for Cho Gath. Riot seems to keep this Jurassic skins up and release in the next months new skins of this sort. Jurassic skins seem to be popular. But it Kinda disappoints me that they just release skeleton skins for random champions with somewhat similarity to a dinosaur. Riot took the right direction, but the wrong path. However its good to know that they have prehistoric dinosaurs in mind. Maybe one day they will release a real one. What do you guys think? Also just press the votebutton and give me some feedback.

BigGiantBurb

04-04-2012

would be AWESOME,
but..trololo?
Crocodiles have been around for even longer! then dinosaurs
and they still live, retardedly PRO isnt it? ^^

but i am such a FAN of Velociraptors <3
I would love some sort of CHAMP, not skin

Rec7aiMer

Master Recruiter

04-19-2012

But crocodiles arent dinosaurs. Sharks also didnt face the extinction, though they lived at the same time as marine reptiles and dinosaurs.

Its pretty fascinating that around 10 000 years ago when the first humans populated the continents, the Megalodon, a~16-25 m long shark, lived in the oceans. What are 10 000 years compared to the earth which is ruled for million and million of years by lifeforms. A stones throw in the history of earth.

However, even in the early 1930 fishermans repotrd of a big shark which ate all the nets filled with fishes. These people know the sea. They said that the skark had a lenght of aprox. over 30 m. Many scientists still speculate that the Megalodon may have survived in the deep oceans, which are actually still unexplored.