Would u like to see such a chamipion in League of Legends?

Yes 62 82.67%
No 8 10.67%
I am just neutral. 5 6.67%
Voters: 75. You may not vote on this poll

Velociraptor/ Dinosaur Champion

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rec7aiMer

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Master Recruiter

11-01-2012

I would like to start a petition for a pure Dinosaur Champion on LoL.No half dinosaur , No dinosaur Rider or whatever.
Since we have knights,demons,mages and many many more. But i really miss a Dinosaur Champion Riot.

Before i start.
Please Note:
The Cho Gath skin isnt a dinosaur and it isnt even similar to one. Its just the normal Cho Gath, without any skin. You just see the bones. Thats all.

Shyvana is just a Half Dragon. As we know shes just transformes when using the ulti. And however she isnt a dinosaur.

And the last one is Renekton. He is just a crocodile. Not even a spark of similarity. Crocodiles arent dinosaurs.

However, i suggest a Velocirapor champion. Like:

Velo, the Primeval Predator
Possible skins could be:

Standard skin: Imagine a brown or gray Velocirapor with black stripes.
2nd skin: A feathered variant of Velo with a few different colours
3rd skin: A horned Velo with spikes or a sail on the spine.
4th skin: Velo, as an Dilophosaurus

Lore

Heimerdingers desire for more knowledge about the universe made him one day to construct a Time machine. He sat many days and nights on this revolutionary machine until he finished it one day. Proud about his improvement he first decided to explore the past. So he voyaged millions of years back in time to see the most feared creature, that ever populated this world. He travelled through a primeval jungle and found after a while a nest with several eggs in it. Heimerdinger stole the eggs to investigate them. He travelled back in his time and put them into an incubator. After a few weeks 5 little Velociraptors hatched. They grow up and Heimerdinger saw that a strong Velocirapor started to lead the pack . They followed him everywhere. Heimerdinger named him Velo. One day the Velociraptors followed their instinct, fleed from Heimerdingers home and started to search for preys at a near forest. But a group of patroling Damacian knights caught the pack and killed one of them for fear of these ancient creatures can harm them or attack the folk of Damacia. They were took to a famous wizard of damacia, who gave them the gift of language. The wizard explained them what they are and promised them that they will earn fame at the League of Legends. "Why shall i fight for you, naive human? You killed one of my pack members, we will slash your waist and enjoy it", Velo refused with a threating tone to his voice. "My power beyonds your imagination, dont give it a try you low creatures". The wizard took Velos breath for one moment with his witchery. "Fight on the fields of justice for the great Damacia and give your life a sense. This is your calling." the wizard requested. Impressed of the thought to fight for the good and a higher matter Velo decided with his pack to join the fields of justice.

"The past is catching you with primeval claws of death", Velo, the Primeval Predator

Mechanics:
Velo mainly focuses on hunting the enemy. Which means that he easly can follow them thanks to his passive.

Possible abilities:
Passive:
Focus the Prey-> Velo is strong willed to take down his enemy and gains with every damage point 0,08% movement speed. If Velo reaches at least 20% more movement speed he falls into a bloodlust and gives his pack a sign to be prepared for the next fights on the fields of justice. The pack (R) deals 9% more damage then. At 30% more movement speed they deal 15% more damage.

Venom Spit: [Q] Velo spits venom [Ranged Abilitie-No Skillshot]. Any hitted enemy is weakened and will deal for 3 seconds 5% less damage. The enemy will be marked as poisoned. Remains for 20 sec. If you poison the same champion a 3rd time in this period of time he will autoattack an ally for 4 seconds. Champions prefered.

Faith and Loyality-> [W] Velo will move faster on the selected path for 4 seconds and the pack will surround him to protect their leader. This gives Velo a shield which blocks x damage. The first enemie who hits this shield gets stunned by one packmember for 1,5 seconds.

"Apex Predators Hunting-Ground"> -> (E)
The past returns to the fields of justice and remains for 10 seconds. Primal trees will rise on the chosen area. Velos pack protects and dominates this place. While the duration of 10 seconds, all enemies which fight in this area lose 25 armor and get slowed for 20%. Velo and his pack[First activate R to get the pack] also deal 10% more damage.

"Alpha Pack"-> Ulti [R] Velo moves to the ememies and prepares to jump on them. At the same time three of his pack members will appear and also close in on the enemies and jump on them, this will fear them for 2 Sec. The pack will come from different directions.
For example:
Velo attacks from the North.
Pack member 1 attacks from east.
Pack member 2 from the west.
Pack member 3 from the south.
Every packmember has 30% of Velos HP and deals 20% of Velos damage. The pack remains for 15 secons on the field and prefers to focus champions.

Attributes:

Life: IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII
Damage: IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII
Magic: IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII
Difficulty: IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

Clarify Misunderstandings:

Q
The enemie is weakened for 3 seconds and deals in this period of time 5% less damage. But he is marked as poisoned for 20 seconds. This wont deal any damage. But if you can handle it to hit him a 3rd time with Q in this 20 seconds he will autoattack an allie for 4 seconds.

R

You select a small area and the pack will close in from different directions. Before they fight on your side they first jump on the enemies to fear them. Its also impossible for the enemy to hit or kill one packmember before he jumps and fears. So it doesnt matter if they respawn beside you or come from different direction since they start fighting after the fear. But it just looks better. Fits very well to a coordinated Velociraptor pack.

If you like Velo vote also here:

http://euw.leagueoflegends.com/board...d.php?t=554600

Champion selection 2012

__________________________________________________ _________________________________
I wont add any specific informations about the damage, because we all know that Riot changes it, if they release a similar champion.
I want to show you guys how the mechanic of such a champion could be.

I appeal to all members on this forum to leave constructive criticism. Please vote all and leave a feedback. Let me know your personal oppinion.

However such a champion would enrich the variety of this game.

Rec7aiMer

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Master Recruiter

12-01-2012

*Update on the abilities*

Snowyday

12-01-2012

sorry... I myself must say that he is not unique. But if you would put proper personality or some story, maybe than. but as it is, its too bland.

Rec7aiMer

Master Recruiter

12-01-2012

Yes a story could be added to give him a personality. Thats not the problem at all. So would you call the abilities bland or the fact that he is an faceless champion for the moment? In first case , let me know which one of them dont fit very well or are just boring. Are any of them fine like they are?
However i consider to update a story and add Quotes.

Also proposals are always welcome.

Rec7aiMer

Master Recruiter

17-01-2012

Bump. Everthing is updated.

Mind Ripper666

22-01-2012

ehhh... not very unique. I LOVE dinosaurs, but this champ is a bit bland... think of him like Talon. A great champion, everything about him screams awsome, except his abilities are a bit uncreative. If you want i could think of a dinosaur champ that is similar, but a bit more unique?

Rec7aiMer

Master Recruiter

22-01-2012

Yes sure. You can leave positive input and ill change his abilities then. The community shall like this champion. So i really appreciate, that we create this champion together.

E and R arent really bland in my oppinion. E is essentially for a Velociraptor Champion, although no one really knows if they hunted in a pack. But anyways it fits to an Velociraptor.[ Yes we have Shaco and LeBlanc, but this abilitie works different. I didnt even think on them when i wrote this one down] Imagine how wolves surround their prey and jump on it. This one would be similar.

But i have to admit that the passive, Q and W arent really unique, although they really fit to an Velociraptor. Btw,
Talon is a great champion, but my intention was to suggest a melee fighter, who isnt that squishy. Like Wukong or Shyvana. I also thought about a ranged abilitie to not mak him too offensive. But i really didnt know what fits to an Velociraptor.

However, everyone can make any well meant suggestions. Thats what i wrote all the time.

Kachimba

22-01-2012

okay, here I go:
I love the idea of a dinosaur champ, and velocirraptor seems nice for DPS, but I think that people are right, he is quite bland, so I'll tell you how I'd do it, and in case you dont like it, I'll just do it myself! If you like it, feel free to change whatever you like or use just parts, as it's your champ!

His passive should be something lika a mix of Vayne's passive and WW's E, giving him a speed buff when an enemy champion is close with half or less Health. Or increased stats at bushes, velociraptors like tall grass, we all know that.
His Q could be empowering his next bite (autoattack), thus synergising with trinity, and making bleed
His W should be a leap, making him a powerful chaser. but the appearing Velociraptors...idk, I don't like it.
His E should be a movement and attack speed buff, in case u didnt like the Vayne/WW passive.
His R , well, I have no idea, no good Ult for a Velocirraptor.

about the Lore, someone found him frozen and well, reanimated it and threw him to the fields of justice!

Rec7aiMer

Master Recruiter

22-01-2012

I just updated a Lore. Let me know if it is fine.
I really dont think that it is my champion, since Riot doesnt listen to only one member of the community. If many people want this champion, then Riot might get some impulses into this direction. So its our champion.

Criticism is always accepted but seriously. Leave a comment if you vote for no, i need to know the reason. Or do not vote then. Just voting no makes no sense.

Kachimba i read your suggestion and a few things are similar. Like Q is the same and W is very similar to my E. Nice post, but i look forward to get maybe some different suggestion in comparison to my thoughts.

Mind Ripper666

23-01-2012

My idea for a dinosaur was a kind of Supersonic theropod... maybe t-rex or velociraptor. With the mian gimick being able to move very quickly.. and gain movement speed boosts based on his AD or Attack Speed. Or the other way around. It keeps with the Therodpod hunter kind of idea...

Thoughts?