New game mode: champion try-out

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nusaik

10-01-2012

Hi everyone!

I have an idea for a new game mode I would like to share. I'd call it champion try-out. It's basically a mode in which you can pick any champion you want and play against other people trying out new champions.

Why is this mode needed? Because there is no good way to try out new champions in LoL! If you try a new champion against bots, it's just way too easy and if you try it against other players, you will probably not play well, which will also affect your teammates.

Now obviously this wouldn't work just like that, because noone would buy champions anymore or play other game modes, so there should be some restrictions.
1. You will only be able to play in this mode 3 times a day.
2. You will only be able to play with champions you've played less than 5 PvP games with.
3. The amount of IP and EXP you receive is reduced.

I think this game mode will be a great way to try out new champions against other people that are also trying out new ones. You won't really have a responsibility for your team, since it isn't about winning and they are trying out champions too. It also won't be too easy, since you're still playing against players roughly your skill level.

Please tell me what you think! Do you like the idea? Do you have suggestions? I hope Riot would add this game mode