Support runes

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tyagrin

10-01-2012

Hey all! I'm just wondering what the best generic suppport runes are. I'm currently running MPen Marks, gp5 quints, flat armor seals and mr/lvl glyphs. I'm thinking of swapping out the armor and magic res for gp5 and mana reg respectively but I'm not sure if it's a good choice and I don't want to buy 9 seals for nothing.
Many thanks in advance!

TG LindRiver

10-01-2012

If I recall correctly there is only gp10 quints and no other gp10 options and these gp10 quints are very valuable.

I'd say that the marks is different on each support, I usually go with CDR due to the high cds on the reliable heals and such, armor is something I always keep in seals because you are 90% of the time matched up vs an AD and a Support, and then the armor is the best option as mana regen shouldn't be needed since you start out with some mana regen and always get a philo stone granting you some mana regen.
For glyphs I usually go CDR aswell but magic resistance is usually recommended by the high elo players.

SlayerII

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-01-2012

the gold seals are pretty weak, u shoulda keep armor.
Mana reg is not usefull for all supports(soraka...), so it kinda depends. I go still always go with lvl/mr

Marks heavily depend ont the support:
taric:flat mr or mana reg
sona:mana reg(or flat armor and use yellow mana reg)
soraka:flat armor
janna:whatever(cdr,flat armor..)

after thise runes arent rly usefull on other champions, u may just use the runes u have anyway

SteamMole

10-01-2012

should i go cdr/lvl or flat glyphs on taric?

RevolRevol

10-01-2012

my runes for supp:
soraka: quint - cdr / blue - cdr / yellow - gp5 / red - armor (masteries 8/0/22 - 20% cdr)
sona: quint - gp5 / blue - mpreg lvl / yellow - mpreg lvl / red - armor (masteries 0/9/21)
janna: quint - gp5 / blue mpreg / yellow - armor / red - armomr
taric: quint gp5 / blue mpreg / yellow - gp5 or armor / red - megpen

KoalaWithaHatLFT

10-01-2012

Red: Armor
Yellow: Gp/10
Blue: Manareg
Quint: Gp/10

replace Yellows for armor against a strong early lane (Graves, MF i.e.)

NanoNaps

10-01-2012

i dunno about manareg because why would i take manareg runes if i build philo anyway?
Manareg blues have a bad scaling in particular you get like 1 mp5 per 2 lvls...that's not needed at all.
i rather take mr (flat or scaling) just to get less damage from enemy support/jungler/midlane or in special cases ad-carries with magicdamage (mf, corki, trist..etc)

my runes are
marks: armor (flat)
seals: armor (flat)
glyphs: mr (flat or scaling most of the time i take flat)
quints: gp10

Razer RenlarZ

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-01-2012

Actually playing with:

red: armor flat
yellow: gp10
blue: flat cdr
quints: gp10

and doing pretty fine. Before i used to go:

red: magic/arpen
yellow: armor
blue: flat cdr
quints: mov. speed

and had pretty stronger laning phase, but still the incoming gold from massive gp10 stack iz to stronk.

wenzani

10-01-2012

the common denominator of all these runebuilds is that you have to rune ARMOR.
i also strongly propose, that a low-armored support on botlane will always be a liability, therefore tanky masteries and runes should be used.

coN Ownage

10-01-2012

as for me...
i go gp10 quints
mana regen yellows
mp reds
flat ap blues