Counter to Swain (mid lane)?

12345 ... 6
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

R0yalJester

08-01-2012

ok i've been trying for sometime now to find a good and reliable counter to him.

and after some experimentation, i find that Blanc is prob the best, especially if you pick Ignite (to counter his Healing), and yes, i know that every one can get ignite!
simply because she can out damage him and silence him for a big BIG time.

anyone has another good counter pick for Swain?
he was always a trouble for me in mid.

TheLiberation

08-01-2012

Well, LeBlanc counters everything mid.

Mobile champions are generally good against him since trying to nevermove you will be a nightmare for him.

sticx

08-01-2012

U can try to push hard since its difficult to cs pre 6 for swain. Morgana would do the trick.. And if you more of an aggressive player that's going for the kill, Cassiopeia or Brand are able to kill him early.

mastarwe

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-01-2012

Champs that outrange him are generally nice aswell

HawkGon

08-01-2012

Ignite is your freind! :P

grillenvernichtu

08-01-2012

nothing wins against a smart swain, simply because he will dodge all your skillshots and hit you with e+q combo, even if he doesnt hit with his w
ignite doesnt kill swain it only halfs his healing but it is still there

SolicShooter

08-01-2012

Morgana, Kassadin, Fizz, Galio should all do great against him, but against what mid don't they? I've had some success with Katarina too because she has a built in grievious wounds debuff that she can cast from a range and she has the mobility to break his DoT and dodge his root. Not to mention that Swain doesn't have a hard cc against her ultimate.

XELLØS

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-01-2012

Leblanc
Brand
Fizz
Jax (believe it or not)

Calandrios

09-01-2012

Well, i don't think le blanc is a nice counter for Swain, cause he just need a bit of mr to not be nuked, and then he kills you. Have bigger range (as example, xerath or anivia) doesnt mean you will beat him. Actually i think that Galio can be a fair counter, cause galio will not never kill swain and swain still have free farm. The answer is: Cassiopeia. She broke Swain with her low cd and mobility.

CancelTheFlight

09-01-2012

Escape his snare thingy, prey for a gank.

12345 ... 6