Resolution errors

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

illumis

07-06-2010

Hey y'all, recently my game wouldn't load, i would get past champ select, but instead of loading screen i would get a black screen which lasted around 10 secs while a message in the middle listing the client version. then that closes down and i get the client popping up offering me to skip waiting stats, one i close that i go back to normal client screen, if i try and join a game it says im already in game bla bla, restart client, try to reconnect to game and it all repeats. i then re install the game, now i'm stuck at something by 800 resolution, when i try to change it the game crashes, the files wont let me open the Game.CFG file which holds the default settings for resolution etc so can't change it there, US works like a dream, just EU is gone haywire, re installed latest video card drivers etc. All started when i had to restore my computer to last point thing after some unknown error this morning. any help would be much appreciated

TL: DR everything has gone horribly wrong, help meh

sorry for wall of text, cba to format it :P

MatricusWrench

08-06-2010

What game.cfg you tried to modify?
The in \game\data\cfg\default ?

Don't change the values in the \default files!

To configure the resolution, create a game.cfg (of not already existing) in \cfg

To set your desired resolution, copy in the game.cfg (in \cfg) this:

Code:
[General]
Width=xxxx
Height=xxxx
Colors=32
WaitForVerticalSync=0
PredictMovement=0
Windowed=0
UserSetResolution=1
Replace x's with your resolution.

illumis

08-06-2010

yeah, i didn't try to, i couldn't even open the files, how do i create a game.cfg file? i'm pretty illiterate when it comes down to this stuff

MatricusWrench

08-06-2010

Go to \game\data\cfg of your LoL directory.

If the "game.cfg" does not already exists, creat a text file => right click => new => text document

Rename this file to game.cfg
Import is the .cfg extension! (e.g. "game.cfg.txt" is wrong!)

Then open this file via right click => edit and copy the above files in it (with replacement of the xxx values for your resolution).