Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a tonne of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out Boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Great combinations for Ranked 3v3.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Arhqirah

01-05-2012

I've been looking for some strong 3v3 combos and I've come up with my own. Please come up with yours too as I'm working on finding the BEST combo. Look below for my combo+explanation

Nasus
Lee
Kassa/Heimer

Read for explanation please

Hey everybody. I've looked all you combos through and I was wondering why so few of you mentioned Nasus. Nasus can basicly dominate top if you play smart enough. If you are against someone like trynda or jax, pick w first and they will have a hard time harrassing you. Start out with boots and 3 pots to make sure that you will always have more health that the opponent. Another good thing about nasus is of course his ultimate. When Nasus pops his ult he becomes VERY strong, which results in dragon down at lvl 6. Another good thing about his ulti is: Bonus health, bonus damage, AND aoe damage all around which is very useful in teamfights.

For the second champ me and my friends pick Lee Sin. Very good, tanky melee, with slow knockback and great mobility with his q and w. He is an excellent ganker as he does have slow too, and combined with the slow nasus can deliver, almost no champion can get away. Of course garen might be able to get away with ghost-flash-spin, but 95% of all champions have absoloutely no chance of getting away.

At the moment we are discussing a third champion for the team. And there is ALOT to consider. We've actually tried some games with Heimerdinger solo bot, because with his turrets he is able to get alot of minion kills even tho the other guys are dominating, and when lee sin comes for a gank, Heimer should throw his Q to stun and bam, got slowed by Lee=kill. Lee should of course also get red as much as possible for his ganks.

Another champion we have been discussing is Kassadin. Because of his ulti and his forcepulse he has very great mobility and massive burst damage. That combined with nasus W(slow) and Q(heavy damage) The enemy is forced to either flash and die or just die. When playing with Kassadin, Lee also have to be more on his lane, at least until Kassa lvl 6, as Kassadin might have a hard time getting any minion kills at all with two champs like singed and mundo(for an example).

So basicly the tactic is about having a champion that can get alot of minions top without receiving too heavy damage(Nasus with w), and nasus should dominate dragon with his ult.
Lee sin for ganker if any lane gets in trouble.
And either Heimer bot, to have a 1v2 champ. OR kassadin bot with lee sin jumping forth and back for SICK mobility all through the map.

I hope you guys like this, and you shall be welcome to come with critics and/or replacements with arguments. Thanks

iTz Kruppstahl

01-06-2012

Sion Top Ad/AP
WW bot/jungle
Carry with dash (Graves/corki) pretty ouch.

Bonecrusher93

Recruiter

01-07-2012

Lee jungle
Riven top
Kennen bot

Gremierr

01-07-2012

Heimer bot,skarner jungle,so he can drag oponents into heimer's turrets who can go on ulty mode and freeze the enemy. Top can be situatuional. Nasus/Kennen something with good late game cuz of enemies may get QSS for Skarner ulty and make him useless. Think that is a pretty good team comp since this team has almost every part of the game in their hands. 1st heimer W and turrets early, with nasus healing himself with his passive. Then comes mid game. Skarneris a boss there. Aswell as heimer combined with him. Late still wont be so good but a Kennen/ Nasus could probcarry heimer and Skarner.

Ofc there are some other rly good comps but this is what I think is good. However I haven't played 3vs3 for a couple of months but still I findit quite fun, but hard depending on team picks. This my opinion^^

Inaphyt

01-08-2012

These days i prefer a support rather than a jungler ^^ for example i play nidalee if my team needs ap however if for some reason my opponents are idiots i can still take top lane.

A jungler doesn't really work if you place a single ward in the middle and you ward dragon, with exceptions shaco can still gank you by jumping walls most people can't and lee can catch you with his beam thing over thick walls but if you bare this in mind you will still not die to them, the jungle isn't very rewarding these days with mid creeps giving you 5 gold for a kill on occasion... and the buff monsters are quite hard to take down till later.

wubbel

01-09-2012

I did some thinking and came up with a fundamental list of champs in TT and their advantages:

Tanky
Rammus (Taunt)
Singed (Fling)

DPS Bruizer
Lee Sin (Mobility, Kick)
Volibear (Fling)
Renekton (Stun)
Udyr (Stun)
Skarner (CC)
Irelia (CC)
Riven (CC)
Gangplank (CC)
Yorick (Slow)
Nasus (Slow)
Shyvana (Mobility)

AP Bruizer
Galio (AOE Taunt)
Nunu (AOE CC)
Ryze (Stun)
Rumble (Slow)

DPS
Shaco (Mobility, Wards)
Nocturne (Mobility)
Wukong (Mobility)
Olaf (Mobility)
Pantheon (Mobility)
Tryndamere (Mobility)
Jax (CC)

Range
Teemo (Mobility, Wards)
Ezreal (Mobility)
Caitlyn (Wards)
Kog'Maw (Wards)
Kayle (Slow)

AP
Morgana (AOE Stun)
Kennen (AOE Stun)
Sion (Stun)
Kassadin (Mobility)
Heimer (Range)

Support
Nidalee (Wards)
Taric (Stun)

Imo you can combine these champs as u like to - or is there an advanced setup? maybe something like:

Ryze, Olaf, Renekton
Ryze, Skarner, Kog'Maw
Galio, Teemo, Rammus
Nunu, Shaco, Singed

TT.txt

VeeHeyRah

01-10-2012

If these bans: shaco,lee,tryn,singed,kenn,cho

Id run:

rammus jungle
gp top
morg bot

wubbel

01-11-2012

Ye, I see it similar. So u would consider Kennen & Cho = Tier1?

I also made a list of tiers on TT:
http://www.scribd.com/doc/77861289/TT

I'd put Nasus, Riven, Voli and esp. Skarner slightly higher. But I'm not too sure about Rumble or Galio and Olaf? Maybe Tier2..
And well: Noct is T1 for sure. Besides Kassa, right..

This in mind only leaves a fistful of sensible team combinations over.

wubbel

01-11-2012

@Sinotek:

well, this combo of yours is obviously the strongest:
snare, taunt, slow, shield/cleanse and 3x AOE with nice mobilty, haha... BEST SYNERGY INC

but let me go into detail: do u play
RAMM 9-21-0
GP 21-9-0
MORG 21-0-9
?

VeeHeyRah

01-11-2012

rammus 9-21-0 (40 armor runes if versus pure ad's)
gp 21-9-0 (10 arp, 10-12% crit chance)
morg 21-9-0 or 9-21-0