[Official] League Of Legends Counter Pick List

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

VII Reaper

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxSylphxx View Post
I agree Kennen is a counter to Anivia, yes. His dash + stun are both effective at stopping Anivia's combo. I never said he wasn't. In fact his mobility + hard CC is exactly what I encourage using against Anivia. He's not the hardest counter to Anivia though.

I don't so much agree with the 'smashing her egg' part, though. Countering anivia is very little to do with being able to kill her egg. Any character can kill Anivia's egg if they get a nice bit of damage built or a gank. Any anivia player worth her salt will at least be ready to flash to her tower, though, so the egg sits under her tower, and you suck tower hits if you want to attack it.

Basically, picking up a kill against anivia requires you to kill her twice. It's true that *some* incredibly high-damage characters like yi or riven (and a few others) can cut straight through and kill the egg, during laning, before she revives. Sure, being able to kill her and her egg in one go is nice, since it threatens Anivia and removes her ability to take such risks, but that ability to kill her egg just isn't on any suitable champion skillsets to really work against anivia... Those characters are all melee DPS champs, and get maimed horribly by Anivia in lane because she can land a flash frost so easily at point-blank range. They are also, by virtue of their high-damage, low on defense and vulnerable to burst attacks, which is exactly where Anivia excels.

No, laning against anivia is all about dodging flash frost (her Q). Every time you dodge it, her entire burst is ruined. Notice that frostbite (her E skill), is the bulk of her damage, and does half damage if flash frost misses (including half the AP ratio)... That's so little damage, most Anivia players won't waste the mana on it during laning without a frost effect from Q.
Furthermore, a silence stops her from detonating her flash frost, and also stops her from following up with her frostbite (E), again ruining her damage.
The counter to Anivia isn't having the high sustained damage you need to pop her egg... It's simply being able to prevent her combo. Without her combo, you can dominate her in lane, get her to egg or run out of mana, then spend the next 5 minutes farming your lane while she cries at her tower.

Best way of preventing her combo? Dodging it or silencing her. Kassadin does both. He counters her so strongly, in fact, that he can reasonably expect to kill her in the 5 minutes while her egg is on cooldown, despite Anivia playing defensive.

Check out some 'hwo to beat Anivia' threads. You'll find Kassadin is such a common theme. In fact, of all the matchups play (and I'm a big-time Anivia player), I'd say kassadin vs Anivia mid is the most 1-sided matchup in the whole of LoL.
Editted, ty

VII Reaper

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by slappa View Post
I went from noob to pro using this guide thx Ave!
hehehe, thanks

Bassquiat

05-01-2012

i really like the idea of the counterpicks list and some things are correct and some not but instead of beleaving blind what others tell you you should try it out. of course not all champs it would take years but at champs where many different champs are told and maybe you should keep it more in the lanes like nobody will go with anivia top because she needs the blue buff to have the lane sustain or like blitz facing morg of course the black shield of morg sucks but its not a counter to blitz and the morg shild is then a counter to every ap but still morg isnt like an antidote to any ap. or if i see counter to caitlyn or graves assasins like talon or akali of course they are a counter but they wont face them at the normal meta on the most cases on lane and at the moment the most games are decided in the early game so the chart should focus on the early game because in the rest of the game its in my opinion how the team is playing together and in which place the teamfight is going on, how the initiate was etc.

VII Reaper

05-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bassquiat View Post
i really like the idea of the counterpicks list and some things are correct and some not but instead of beleaving blind what others tell you you should try it out. of course not all champs it would take years but at champs where many different champs are told and maybe you should keep it more in the lanes like nobody will go with anivia top because she needs the blue buff to have the lane sustain or like blitz facing morg of course the black shield of morg sucks but its not a counter to blitz and the morg shild is then a counter to every ap but still morg isnt like an antidote to any ap. or if i see counter to caitlyn or graves assasins like talon or akali of course they are a counter but they wont face them at the normal meta on the most cases on lane and at the moment the most games are decided in the early game so the chart should focus on the early game because in the rest of the game its in my opinion how the team is playing together and in which place the teamfight is going on, how the initiate was etc.
Yes we are going to split it in Lane/TFs

VII Reaper

05-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ai law View Post
Really helpfull
Thanks I appreciate it.

VII Reaper

05-01-2012

#Edit 2 17:27 (GMT+1) : Added Tips & Tricks

SIMSEdotDK

05-01-2012

Really great initiative. Nice one.

I disagree with some of them though.

D3athSquAd

05-01-2012

You should make counter list as champions in same positions. Cause from your information no ranger counters rangers^^ only ashe (ranger) can be countered by vayne (ranger).

ChuckLeeNorris

05-01-2012

I suggest soraka against karthus as a counter

Safir

05-01-2012

i guees kats biggest counter is blitzcrank everytime she press r blitz press r problem solved