Champion Ip Reduction!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Xxdre

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-01-2012

When will be next champion ip reduction? :x

how about rune pages? Price will be lowered?

Thanks in advance and sorry for my english :X

Quote:
6300 IP/RP Prices - Breakdown, is it fair? Or rather, is it even possible?

So let's face it, practically every champion is 6300 IP. I wanted to break it down because I truly believe these are overpriced. Yes, I know, RIOT is a money-making company, and trust me, I have no problem paying for services (I have over 20 skins) but I don't like paying for things that are available for free. (ie; I dont mind paying for skins, but I have troubles paying RP just to unlock champions.)

6300 IP breakdown:

Average gain per game (excluding your "Win of the day" is ~80 IP).
6300/80= 78.75.
>> Someone would have to play 79 games to unlock ONE 6300 IP champion.
OR
>>Someone would have to pay 975 RP to unlock ONE 6300 IP champion. (An estimated 7.22$, varying on which bundles you buy of course.)

A new champion is released every 2 weeks (roughly), so if you want to save your RP to buy new skins you are forced to play a minimum of approximately 79 games per 2 weeks just to stay up to date with the new champions, let alone make any progress on picking up any of the other older champions, OR getting new runes.

>>Each game is roughly 40 minutes long (some are shorter, some are longer) so that means a person would have to play aprroximately 53 (!!!) hours of LoL every 2 weeks JUST to buy the new hero coming out. (79x40=3160mins/60=52.67hrs.) That is WAY too much in my opinion, especially when you need to work on rune pages and picking up the older champions.

Now let's take me for an example. I have been playing a long time. (just a couple months after the game was launched.) With having to buy several sets of runes, as well as heroes, I quickly fell behind the rapid rate of release of new heroes. So as it stands, I currently need to buy 20x 6300 IP champions STILL. Now don't get me wrong, I play a lot and I am very passionate for this game but I need to buy 20x 6300 IP champions still (let alone 4x 4800 IP ones, and 17x 3150 IP ones, and 4x 1350 IP ones.) So one can say that I have approximately half of the current champions. (A typical case from what I've seen after asking around.) So let's take a look at what it'll take to JUST unlock the 6300 IP champions.

>>20x6300= 126,000 IP.
>>>126,000/80= 1575 games.
>>>>1575x40=63000mins/60mins=1050hours.
>>>>>Meaning it would take me 1575 games (~1050 hours) JUST to unlock the 20 remaining 6300 champions, disregarding runes and the other cheaper champions.
OR
>>Using approximately 7.22$ per champion; 20x7.22$= ~144.40$
>>>So people basically have to play 1050 hours of LoL or pay ~144.40$ for 20 6300 champions. Meanwhile, new champions are being released and new rune pages are required, so these numbers would gradually increase or stay the same if you were playing approximately 53 hours of LoL every 2 weeks (so these numbers would stay the same but you would make NO progress on unlocking new champions or getting new rune pages.)

Like I said, I really don't mind spending money on this game, it's a great game, really addictive and VERY fun gameplay, but I think everyone would appreciate either IP sales on champions (like there used to be) or an increased amount of permanent IP price reductions for champions. It would allow the majority of the playerbase to be able to create new rune pages and spend their RP on skins and other services RIOT offers us.

So my question for you RIOT is this; I understand this is a "Free to play" game, but to really excel and be able to play at our full potential (ie; using all the champions and having a wide variety of runes to choose from) wouldn't one have to pay and purchase a vast amount of RP? (Probably spending MUCH more than the average rate for a currently newly released game or subscription based game.)

I personally don't think I'll ever be at the point of unlocking all of the current + future heroes if I don't spend a relatively large amount of money on purchasing RP.

So I'm curious LoL community, what are your thoughts about this?
Quote from NA forums: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=1705626

Quote:
Originally Posted by gogita 2011 View Post
MR President Tryndameri said that there will be Ip reduction

liknk:http://64.7.194.249/board/showthread...87996#20387996

ps: 100 upvotes, thanks
ps: 3k views
ps: 11k views and nothing!! Thank you riot!!!!
ps: Keep bumping this thread to call riot attention :s
ps:300 upvotes!!
ps:500 upvotes!!

EnjoyLuck

04-01-2012

I got news for you.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	schulz-charles-peanuts-never-ever-ever-give-up.jpg
Views:	921
Size:	35.6 KB
ID:	70273  

Xxdre

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-01-2012

Loool xD

im just asking because Riot post a few moths ago a plan to reduce the ip price of champions. :P

EnjoyLuck

04-01-2012

Well riot is literary what i posted. Soon tm......

DMcrazy69

04-01-2012

oh, they wrote with small letters that the plan was for short time xD

Spacehaze

04-01-2012

Riot ain't using soon but temporarily is their thing.

Xxdre

04-01-2012

Quote:
Summoners!

We have heard your concerns about champion IP prices, and know that many of you are looking for more affordable options to round out your champion lineups. Fair enough! In an effort to satisfy these concerns, we're going to be rolling out a series of brand new initiatives aimed at bringing you some more bang for your proverbial buck.

For starters, as you've already seen in the past few weeks, we've begun to reduce the prices on many of our older, more classic champions. Beginning back in April we slashed the IP costs of Malphite, Morgana, and Ryze, with Cho'gath, Taric and Annie following shortly thereafter in August. You can expect to see more of the same for many more of these old favorites going forward. This is all part of an ongoing plan aimed at ensuring that we have a strong, well-rounded compliment of affordable champions available for any play style.

Additionally, if you're looking to get your hands on some of our more contemporary additions to the League, we're also going to be offering a series of new bundle deals. We'll be trying out a number of different options in the future, offering everything from champion variety packs to bundles themed around specific roles.

Stay tuned for more updates on these and future deals!
this is the post about Ip champion reduction that i was talking about! :P

Ps: i dont see any small letters xD

bellak

04-01-2012

I want to know too when will be the next ip champ reduction!

We need a Red answer! XD

Kailnuz

04-01-2012

Bump this for importance!

fellypius

04-01-2012

Riot should listen the community! :P