Ryze: mana, mana per level or other runes?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Afgudins Fráuja

02-01-2012

Mana runes:
- Glyphs: 11.25 mana or 25.56 mana@18.
- Seals: 6.89 mana or 21.06 mana@18.
- Marks: 5.91 mana or 21.06 mana@18 but should probably be mpen.
- Quints: 37.5 mana or 75.06 mana@18.

If you get mpen marks and every other slot filled with mana, you get 275 mana (22 damage) or 644 mana@18 (51 damage) but at the cost of losing 8.1% CDR and 12 armor.

Is this worth it? If yes, do I go for flat mana or mana per level?

Uberhenk

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-01-2012

mpen red, mana/lvl yellow, flat mana blue, movespeed quints

Afgudins Fráuja

02-01-2012

K. expensive.

Onerios

02-01-2012

If you want to run mana runes, only use glyphs and seals. You need the m-pen on red, and the number of usefull effects you can get out of quints means that the tradeoff is just not worth it. The point where per level outweighs flat is lvl 9 and 6 respectivly for glyphs and seals, which should give you enough info to chose which best suits you.

Personly, I would just run flat resistances in each rune slot, as although 51 extra damage on your q is nice, Its better to survive to chuck out more of them. Also, cdr runes are a waste You should have 10 minimum from masteries, 20 from frozen heart, and 10 from your q, which leaves you at your cdr cap already. Ofc, if you dont get a frozen heart, you could use them, but that item is just too good to pass up.

Stetto

03-01-2012

There are a variety of good rune options for Ryze and it's up to your preference.

flat resistances, movement speed, scaling or flat mana are all good choices

I prefer to improve my early game with flat mana quints and glyphs, while I take defensive seals.
(Good for solo mid)

One pro player (I forgot which one, sry) uses movement speed quints and picks every movement speed mastery.
(Very annoying to lane against such a fast Ryze.)

If you want to farm as much as possible, go for flat resistances with movement speed quints or hp/regen quints.

In my opinion, Ryze's late game is very strong, while his early game is is only average without proper runes, therefor I don't see a particular need to go for scaling mana runes.

MPen marks are mandatory.

RageMage

04-01-2012

MPen marks
Mana/lvl or armor seals
Mana/lvl or flat MR glyphs
MS or mana/lvl quints

All pretty good imo.
I personally like mana per level runes more than flat mana (starting to pay off at lvl 5, the point where you got yout tear and boots and start raping enemys)

bigromain

13-01-2012

mpen marks everything else on flat mana + start with a saphir of mana gets me at 800+ mana at lvl1 (im squishy but i go 9/0/21 so i have insane hp regen + little spellvamp that will get even better since i get wota mid/end)

As R4gem4ge said (not directly ^^) it's a very strong early boost, but then mana/lvl becomes better.

Matter of pure choice here