ad carry counter pick list

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

peer the seer

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-01-2012

Hey guys,

I wanted to make an ad carry counterpick list, for some champions i am sure and for some champions i have ideas, but i'm not really sure, also because they are not so frequently played (anymore) in my elo at least. I want to know what is THE BEST counterpick to a champ including the reason, not just who is strong vs. Also the counterpick has to be another ad carry in the list.

I think right now there are 11 champs viable of taking the role as ad carry, some stronger then others and i want to discuss only those 11.

1. ashe -> tristana
2. sivir -> graves
3. tristana -> caitlyn
4. graves -> caitlyn
5. caitlyn -> sivir
6. vayne -> graves
7. miss fortune -> ?
8. urgot -> ?
9. corki -> ?
10. kogmaw -> ?
11. ezreal -> ?

Here are my reasons:

1. ashe is really a pick who wants to keep the enemy at a distance and farm, cuz early game her damage is still weak, cuz she has only 1 ability to do damage.
so when an ad carry suddenly jumps in and has 3 abilities to do damage it's really annoying.

2. sivir is good in farming and harrassing with boomerang, but when she meet a champ with high damage and short casting time like graves, she is doomed.

3. tristana is good in farming and harrass with spellcombo, but caitlyn has longer range and when she jump at caitlyn, she can use her heavy net and still outrange her.

4. graves is all about doing a lot of damage in a short amount of time, but when he meets a champ with insane range, it's really hard to get close.

5. caitlyn really excels with her long range, but she has a long casting time on her piltovers, which are easily interrupted by spellshield and also her traps become free mana stations.

6. vayne is weak in lane, low range, low damage, but she is just good at pushing enemies to the wall and then use the stun to finish other ad carry's off. Also you don't ever want a vayne get kills, because when she get feeded the game is over. It's really important to get a champion with highest damage -> graves, so that she doesnt have a chance to survive her lane. A lot of times you see the graves ban and there is the vayne pick.

I think the above 6 are mostly picked, but think other 5 are also still viable, i don't know the best counterpick to them, maybe you can give suggestions so that i can complete my list.

Naxxistrasza

01-01-2012

i'd say Cait counters Kog fairly well, as her range allows her to stay out of range of his spells and harass and farm. later on, she can also dodge his ult from a distance and use her net if he moves in on her.

for Ez, anyone with good mobility to dodge his skillshots is good. ergo, i think Vayne is actually a good counter for him, especially since his auto attacks are weak in the beginning since he's sort of a semi AD-caster, so if she gets her stun or a good Q dodge -> Q hit and then W proc off he's gonna have a big problem. his only option is to use his flash spell away from her, but in the long run a good Vayne will prevent his farm imo.

Urgot is no AD carry imo, but if we are to treat him like he is one, i'd say any with good dodging power for the E and good burst for his high health is a counter, ie. Vayne and Ezrael.

for Corki i'm not sure. Cait's range and net would prevent him from using his machinegun spell (forgot the name atm), but she counters pretty much any1 but Tirst imo...i've done well against him on Vayne sometimes, but i dont think shes an ideal counter for him. i also guess Ez could outdmg him by nuking and retreating fast.

Miss fortune has a problem with any carry with a strong early dmg, since she will always lose a straight fight with them early. her force is her harass of both enemy carry and supp with the double bulelt and her escpe/chase with the slow. force her to fight or retreat, or pick someone who can harass her back. a supp with good healing or one who can keep her in place or just do a little dmg to get rid of strut is also a great help.

Nukidin

02-01-2012

Nothing counters graves, he is just OP **** and should get bammed each game.

Naxxistrasza

02-01-2012

actually he does have counters in lane, a good Cait will use her range to win. his dmg is insane, but his range is short. what i think is stupid is his survivability + burst, he is nearly unstoppable if his team doesn't suck.

Neolight

02-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by peer the seer View Post
sivir -> graves

sivir is good in farming and harrassing with boomerang, but when she meet a champ with high damage and short casting time like graves, she is doomed.
can't really understand why sivirs counter is graves.
Graves is probably the strongest ad carry anyway.
The only character i feel to be good vs him is actually sivir due to her spellshield, because graves is dealing most of his damage with his QR combo till lategame. When sivir spellshields his ultimate she can outdps him and will most likely win the fight.

I'd say vayne counters sivir.
She can just dodge her boomerang with her Tumble and isn't reliant on spells wich sivir could block with spellshield, making it useless vs her.
Currently the best pick vs sivir imo

Also i don't really like caitlyn at all.
She has good range and nice early game, but her lategame scaling is really low compared to other ad-carries. Her ulti is just worthless in teamfights. you can only use it to initiate or finish someone off after the teamfight, but in the teamfight itself it's an useless ulti because of the channeling time.

Still think riot should probably nerf graves just a bit ^^ (still gj riot you stopped overnerfing champs but instead you just nerf a bit and wait what happens)

Naxxistrasza

02-01-2012

hmm you do have a point Neolight. however, imo Sivir is still just weak, every Sivir i see is somewhere around 0/3 by the end of the laning phase.

actually i'd also say Vayne is good against Graves. they both have short range, something that is often a problem for her against most others. she can Q dodge his burst and her W counters him since he has stupidly high defensive stats for an AD carry but Vayne has true dmg. Kog should also work against him cause of true dmg + ulti range.

MaxiBe├ža

02-01-2012

A good vayne will tumble out of grave's Q.

A good caitlyn will rape Vayne in lane, huge range advantage. I think Vayne can counter Kog lategame, and 3 shoot him.

Cait and Kog are grave's counters in lane. Corki is counter to tristana due to his gap closer.

BhiQ

02-01-2012

7. miss fortune -> She doesnt really get countered by any AD Carry (except maybe Cait, because Cait can really punish her by kiting, when MF tries to go aggressive). She does however get countered by hard CC like taric. I find MF unplayable if my enemy got a good Taric. (she is losing time on her w while being stunned)
8. urgot -> who plays that thing? He's kind of dominant in earlygame, especially with a Soraka at his side but therefor his lategame is weak and his skillshots can be dodged.
9. corki -> Pre-Nerf I really played Corki a lot because he just didnt have a real counter. This still applies but his damage is now kinda low so he doesnt counter anyone anymore either.
10. kogmaw -> I feel like Hard CC is his counter (same as Miss Fortune with his W) Also he does not have a escape to get out after strong combos like Taric Cait or Vayne Stun (+ Ali/Blitz)
11. ezreal -> Sustain is his counter. If you got a soraka or a Sona on your lane as well as some good poke of your own (Cait/MF/...) you will win this.

Ald0Raine

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-01-2012

Kog Maw gets dominated by everyone in lane, but he dominates everyone in lategame, even tanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxiBeša View Post
Cait and Kog are grave's counters in lane.
Graves sh*ts on Kog any day. And Cait does not really counter him either.

Ralfh4

02-01-2012

How does Ashe counter Tristana?

I also heard that Ez counters Vayne though I'm not sure if he does.