How to counter Caitlyn

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Warrior Helix

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

30-12-2011

As you see from topic, I don't know what to do against Cait when I am playing Vayne or Graves. Caitlyns dmg and range is just so op at early game so I can't farm at all. I hope someone has a good advice for this, it would help a lot!
sorry for bad english.

Kapgan

30-12-2011

Well, Cait's q skill deal way less damage if you are behind minions. Each different unit it collides, the damage drops. So stay behind creep waves. About her range, you can't do much. It is what it is And look for the traps. Most importantly, don't get in bushes if you are not sure it isn't trapped. Farming should not be a big problem. She can't go uber-aggressive. Just keep it cool, because early game aggressiveness is usually mirrored. If you start poking a peaceful enemy, he will start poking you back. Just focus on minions from a safe distance. Last hit and start moving. Don't stand still. Her q skill has enough channeling time that allows you to dodge. Well, I can't say nothing more. Hope it helps.

The Schiller

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

30-12-2011

if u play with vayne just q then e to stun she and she's died,vayne best ad carrry :P,and buy trinity for vayne u will be unstopble

Warrior Helix

30-12-2011

ok. thanks guys

grillenvernichtu

31-12-2011

or just farm defensive, and at lv 6 use your ult and kill her
cait has without her q no real damage spells

Kapgan

31-12-2011

And one more thing, Cait loses pretty much damage while playing out of the bushes. Don't try to counter her while she is on bushes. Her passive will count double so insted of each 7th, she will deal extra damage at each 3 shots.

The Schiller

31-12-2011

feederi jedni

Onerios

31-12-2011

To be honnest, vayne and graves are the two worst picks against cait, due to the huge range difference. If you see them pick cait, just dont play those two. If you take one of them, make sure you see there bot lane before picking your support, as you dont want to be on a non sustain matchup with cait unless they are also non sustain.

In game, you dont focus on wining the lane, but on keeping par with cs while surviveing. Cait has louzy scaleing for an ad carry, as she has no steroids apart from her passive, which is not substantial. If you keep even in cs, and assuming other lanes are even as well, you will eventualy get enought damage and survivablilty to just dive up to her and burn her down. Ofc, that does not mean dont try to kill her if she does something stupid, but dont actively try to force engagements in the laneing phase, as you will normaly be at less health then her, and the superior range +ult means she will get the first shots and, if you try to run back, the last shots as well.

Common sence applies as well, dodge skill shots, dont take unnessesary harass, dont trade minions for harass, all the standard stuff that is applicable to any other carry in the game.

Amiag

31-12-2011

she hardly has burst damage at all unless you get caught in trap.

just get an healer and farm how hard is it.

Akvilotl

01-01-2012

I've seen Sivir be played with great success vs Caitlyn. Her magic shield is great for walking into Caitlyn's traps for free mana.