Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a tonne of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out Boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

FAQ - Frequently asked questions

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LkG MisterL2

12-30-2011

I copyed this FAQ from the German Forum with the permission of Humpelstilzche , the author of the german version.

FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions

Here is a collection of the most frequently asked questions about the tribunal or anything related to it. The rules come from different sources: Summoners Code, News from Riot, Redposts or big discussions with many active tribunal users.

Part A is about the Tribunal (and how to work with it).
Part B is all about reporting.
Part C is a collection of interesting facts from Redposts and News

A1: Where do i find the Tribunal?

You find the Tribunal here: http://euw.leagueoflegends.com/tribunal
You can join from lvl 30 on

A2: How does the Tribunal work? What do i need to know?

Here you can get all the information you need:
http://euw.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=277813
http://euw.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=305613
(Warning: German posts)

A3: Does the Tribunal reach its target?

Riot published, that the tribunal is working extremly well and that Riot is trusting more and more in it.

A4: Why do we only get 5 IP per case, when we help Riot ?

The small amount of IP you get, is supposed to stop people from just farming IP by only pressing punish.

A5: In the Tribunal, there are only normal players, does that mean everyone can just come up and bann me ?

Yes and No. Warnings arent checked at all, temporary banns are checked sometimes, but more regularly, the longer they are. Permanent Banns are always checked by Riot. Herefore look at:
"We review permabans every time, serious bans frequently, and all actions a small amount (randomly). When we see surprising results in any of these, we increase scrutiny until we identify the issue." -RiotPendragon

A6: I am lvl 30, havent ever been banned and still cant join the Tribunal. What shall i do?

The Tribunal probably doesnt "know" you are lvl 30. To fix that problem, log out on the league of legends homepage and log in again. As far as we know, it works.

A7: I have a case in the Tribunal, where someone does very bad things, but he is not the reported player. What can i do?

You dont need to do anything, because it is very very very likely, that this player is reported. Only if the other players in chat write, that they will not report him/her, only then you have to write a ticket to Riot.

A8: I have a case, where a player is friendly in all reported games, except for one. Shall i forgive him now ?

If a player breaks the rules, he has to be punished, as you cant just flame a game, play a game without flaming others and then its all ok!

A9: A player uses the word "noob". Shall i punish him for that?

Noob means Newbie out of brain. People discuss, if this is part of the normal "culture" in chat, or if this is banworthy. In the end it is your decision, whether to ban or not to bann for this, or after how many "noob"-s you bann.

A10: A player was reported for something, that he hadnt done. Instead, he had done another rule break (example: reportet for feeding, but he flame instead). Shall i punish him for that?

Yes. The report reasons only give you a hint of what to look for. If a player has done something wrong, he has to be punished for that.

A11: I have worked in the tribunal for very long, but only got very few ip from correctly solved cases. Have i juged so badly ?

No. Normaly cases are very clear. The issue is, that Riot collects all the Tribunal cases with "punish" and then checks them all at once. This means you will only get your IP a few days/weeks later.

A12: In Tribunal, there are often players, that havent done anything, does that mean, that everyone can get into tribunal?

Usually, it takes very many reports to get in the tribunal, meaning it almost only hits guilty players. Sometimes, although, players that are innocent get in tribunal as well, reported for not-existing things like killsteal, or for things that they haven't done. It is a main job of the tribunal, to distinguish between guilty and innocent players.

A13: I got an email, where i got some amount of IP. Now my ingame IP hasnt increased. What happened?

This is only a visible bug. The IP arent updated after you got the Tribunal IP. They only get updated if you loose IP (buy something) or win IP (play a game).

A14: Some Champion pictures arent shown in Tribunal. Why?

This only effects the newer Champions, which the Tribunal doesnt recognise yet. Riot is working on it, but it can take up to 2 month after the champion has been published, for the picture to work in Tribunal.

A15: When shall i punish feeders, when not?

Basicly, it is always your decision. Herefore remember, that the report reason is "intentionally" feeding and not just playing bad. Bad players are to be reported as bad player and not as feeder. Bad players are not guilty - you cant get banned cause you play bad!

A16: Some cases in Tribunal are just based on a single report, does that mean i just need 1 report to get in the Tribunal?

No, you need lots more reports, to get into the tribunal, the problem is only, that the reports arent always shown, due to technical bugs/issues.

A17: I solve almost all my cases correctly, why dont i get more cases to solve?

The system, that is supposed to increase the numbers of cases you can solve, is having bugs at the moment. Riot is working on it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

B1: I or someone was flamed in the before-game chat or in the after-game-chat. Can i still report?

Yes, but sadly the before and after game chats are not yet shown in the tribunal. You have to send a ticket to riot games (button top right corner). Please only do this, if it was heavy flame or racism.

B2: I forgot to report someone, can i now "report" him in the forum?

No. In the Forum there are only "normal" players, send a ticket if you want to report someone.

B3: I havent done anything, but i have got banned. Why?

It can have many reasons, leave/afk, intentionally feeding, helping enemies, flaming... Herefore always remember, that "gg easy" or "gg noobs" can already count as flame and that banns sometimes take several months from report to bann, so it could have been an early flame or something.

B4: I was reportet reasonless, do i have to be feared of ban?

No, all reports are checked by the Tribunal.

B5: Can i be banned due to bad-player reports?

No. Bad player Reports dont go to the tribunal, they only lower your hidden-elo for a small bit.

B6: I was reported for feeding by many players in many games. Can i now get banned?

No. The report reason is called "intentional" feeding. As long as noone can prove, that you were dying on purpose (buying AD items on leblanc), you will not get banned.

B7: I was massivly flamed and flamed back a little. Can i now get banned?

Yes. The issue that you were flamed heavier, doesnt allow you to flame back.

B8: Is there a place, where i can check, if and how often i was reported?

No.

B9: I was banned. The end of the ban is already over and im still banned. Is that a bug?

No. The time shown is LA time, so you have to add 8 hours if you live in england.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

C1: Riots statistics show, that people flaming on after banns are reported a lot more often than others. (Keyword: Dunning-Kruger-Effect)
C2: The majority of the Tribunal users uses the Tribunal properly.
C3: The Leaverbuster and the Tribunal decrease the "bad guys" alot, which you can see, if you compare it to communities without this system.
C4: The the newer cases of the Tribunal, only the three "worst" games are shown. (This is NOT certain)
C5: The system, that decides how many cases you can solve has a bug at the moment.
C6: The game has an anti-snitch-system, which causes people who report everyone to be "less important" than others, which only report the really heavy flame.

Original writer: Humpelstilzche
Translated: MisterL2

I hope it was worth 1:1 translating for a few hours^^

Interfix

12-30-2011

Quote:
MisterL2:
You find the Tribunal here: http://euw.leagueoflegends.com/com/tribunal (doesnt work, if someone knows the english link pls tell)

The correct adress is http://euw.leagueoflegends.com/tribunal (without the second 'com'). Additionally the tribunal should be reachable from the link at the bottom of every leagueoflegends.com page, but that link acutually leads to the NA server (na.leagueoflegends.com/tribunal), which is normally the reason why you cannot log in.

LkG MisterL2

12-30-2011

Quote:
Interfix:
The right adress is http://euw.leagueoflegends.com/tribunal (without the second 'com')

Thank you, i was confused because in german tribunal it is .com/de/tribunal

Thx

Humpelstilzche

Senior Emissary

12-30-2011

Mach mal die Fragen noch fett und die Abstände zwischen den Fragen gleichmäßig, so isses etwas unübersichtlich.

LkG MisterL2

12-30-2011

Quote:
Humpelstilzche:
Mach mal die Fragen noch fett und die Abstände zwischen den Fragen gleichmäßig, so isses etwas unübersichtlich.

Ok, but write english for the english people :P

Wolfwent

12-30-2011

A12: In Tribunal, their are often players, that havent done anything, what shall i do?

correction: In tribunal, there're often players, that haven't done anything, what should I do?

Several things I found will follow.

A5: In the Tribunal, there are only normal players, does that mean everyone can just come up and ban me ?

A10: A player was reported for something, that he hadn't done. Instead, he broke different rule (example: reported for feeding, but he flamed instead). Shall i punish him for that?

Yes. The report reasons only give you a hint of what to look for. If a player has done something wrong, he has to be punished for that.

A12: In Tribunal, there're are often players, that havent done anything, does that mean, that everyone can get into tribunal?

Usually, it takes very many reports to get in the tribunal, meaning it almost only hits guilty players. Sometimes, although, players that are innocent get in tribunal as well, reported for not-existing things like killsteal, or for things that they haven't done. It is a main job of the tribunal, to distinguish between guilty and innocent players.

B1: I or someone was flamed in the before-game chat or in the after-game-chat. Can i still report?

B4: Ich wurde grundlos reported, werde ich jetzt gebannt?
Nein, alle Reports werden vom Tribunal überprüft. Seid ihr unschuldig sortiert das Tribunal eure Reports aus. Das Tribunal hat sich in dieser Hinsicht in der Vergangenheit als sehr zuverlässig erwiesen.
---- -.-
B4: I was reported although I haven't done anything against the summoner's Code. Will I be banned now?
No, all reports are checked by the tribunal. If you're innocent, the tribunal will vote in favor of you and you won't hear anything from Riot or the tribunal. In the past this mechanism was very reliable.

B6: dieing--> dying
B8: Can I check, whether/for what/how many times I've been reported
B9: Bann--> ban

General mistake: please use ' in arent (aren't) isnt (isn't) havent (haven't) and so on. "Ban" instead of Bann if you're talking about the noun. to ban, to be banned is correct.
Maybe I'll come back later and propose more fluent sentences here and there

Hodin van Oden

12-30-2011

vote for sticky

edit: A15: Just punish a feeder if you are sure that he fed intentionally to disrupt the gameplay. There are several aspects that can help you making your decision. Look out for: announcements in the chat (e.g. "I will feed now" trollbuilds (like only wards, boots,only movement speed increase items or items that do not make any sense e.g. bloodthirster and infinity edge on karthus); his stats of course: 1/11/2 does not have to be a feeder - but 0/24/1 looks like one; and another good point is to look out if he also got reports from the enemy team.

LkG MisterL2

12-30-2011

Quote:
Wolfwent:
A12: In Tribunal, their are often players, that havent done anything, what shall i do?

correction: In tribunal, there're often players, that haven't done anything, what should I do?

Several things I found will follow.

A5: In the Tribunal, there are only normal players, does that mean everyone can just come up and ban me ?

A10: A player was reported for something, that he hadn't done. Instead, he broke different rule (example: reported for feeding, but he flamed instead). Shall i punish him for that?

A12: In Tribunal, there're are often players, that havent done anything, does that mean, that everyone can get into tribunal?

B4: Ich wurde grundlos reported, werde ich jetzt gebannt?
Nein, alle Reports werden vom Tribunal überprüft. Seid ihr unschuldig sortiert das Tribunal eure Reports aus. Das Tribunal hat sich in dieser Hinsicht in der Vergangenheit als sehr zuverlässig erwiesen.
---- -.-
B4: I was reported although I haven't done anything against the summoner's Code. Will I be banned now?
No, all reports are checked by the tribunal. If you're innocent, the tribunal will vote in favor of you and you won't hear anything from Riot or the tribunal. In the past this mechanism was very reliable.

B6: dieing--> dying
B8: Can I check, whether/for what/how many times I've been reported
B9: Bann--> ban

General mistake: please use ' in arent (aren't) isnt (isn't) havent (haven't) and so on. "Ban" instead of Bann if you're talking about the noun. to ban, to be banned is correct.
Maybe I'll come back later and propose more fluent sentences here and there

I dont use the '- sign because i dont like it. And im sorry, i do this for fun, so some spelling mistakes will be there, so please tell me about them positivly , as i am still in class / year 8 and its just medium english^^

Humpelstilzche

Senior Emissary

12-30-2011

Thats why we tell you what is wrong. I revoke my permission if u don't write it in in a proper form^^

Wolfwent

12-30-2011

I do this for fun too. The proposed changes are all just 'ideas' I had reading your FAQ. I didn't want to make you feel bad or worse: make you look bad in front of others. Instead I hope that these changes make the whole thing look more professional since I've had my A-level more than a decade ago...but I love reading in English as well as watching movies that way.
Everything I wrote was intended to be looked at in a positive way since I really want to assist you in helping this community to improve. btw: For someone who's probably had only four years of English you write pretty well.

Looking forward to further collaborations,
Wolfwent