Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a tonne of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out Boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Standard ARAM Rules

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kingyarthur

01-17-2012

Quote:
M1ghtym8:
NA Forum started a petition for an aram map. Maybe we could do the same ?

NA currently has 975 /sign for making ARAM official. I totally agree that you should start a EU West petition.

Truder

01-18-2012

I'll look into it then

Just a quick update, stream is live

Dirtycopgangsta

02-04-2012

Whoever allowed healing once inhib is down, is an idiot. It just goes against the basic concept of ARAM. Oh look, we've worked hard and pushed them to their nexus. They don't have any hp so we'll win... right? Right ?

NOPE, THEY JUST WENT FULL HP AND MANA...

Why is that allowed ?

Kingyarthur

02-04-2012

Quote:
Dirtycopgangsta:
Whoever allowed healing once inhib is down, is an idiot. It just goes against the basic concept of ARAM. Oh look, we've worked hard and pushed them to their nexus. They don't have any hp so we'll win... right? Right ?

NOPE, THEY JUST WENT FULL HP AND MANA...

Why is that allowed ?

I totally agree that its a dumb rule, none the less it is commonly allowed. I did an experiment and joined 40 randomly hosted ARAM games all of which the host never stated a set of rules before the start of the game.
While in this game I then asked in /all if it was allowed to return to summoner circle all 40 different hosts assumed everyone knew it was only allowed if inhib was down.

LUCKILY there is a way to fix it host your own ARAM and state your own specific variations.
You may ask why would you need to state "No returning to Summoner Circle unless dead ONLY!" as a variation? Because as it stands if you host an aram and state only standard rules as a rule set or do not state any specific rules before starting the majority will assume it is allowed. Then you'll rage at them because you didn't specify your desired rule variation.

Happy ARAM ^_^

Truder

02-21-2012

May I remind everyone that when playing ARAM, this gamemode created by players involves trust and cooperation of all 10 players. If even just one player decides to cheat, harass or otherwise disrupt the gameplay in someway, it can completely ruin the game. I would like to ask that all players remain vigilant in following a common rule-set as I and others have listed and to ensure that players lead by example in playing fairly and use the summoners code to better facilitate good games and sportsmanship.

This attitude of course extends to regular games too. No one likes to see players misbehaving.

Thank you

Infalk

02-21-2012

I think people are getting a bit too....'dungeon and dragon'-y about the rules here, but it's good to have them up.

Truder

03-18-2012

Popular ARAM player aslente is now streaming. If you would like to view this stream, vist http://www.own3d.tv/live/17171

BTG Halchor

03-18-2012

POPULAR aram player? u kidding?

aram is the most casual s.hit ever.

Truder

03-21-2012

Quote:
Halchor:
POPULAR aram player? u kidding?

aram is the most casual s.hit ever.

If you haven't got anything good to say, please don't share it, this thread is for ARAM players, if you do not like ARAM, then please leave this thread alone and move along.

I would also like to make everyone aware once again, that these rules are what people have collectively decided upon. One of the disputed rules of course is going back to base to heal if the inhibitor is down. As described when I made the "[UPDATE 06/01/2012]" going back to heal is not permitted and has been void from the standard rules, if you wish to deviate from the standard rules (such as disallowing promote and allowing heal after inhib is down), please say so before the game starts.

[UPDATE 21/03/2012] Due to some players misunderstanding and interpretation, I have updated the rules for better clarity.

Truder

05-14-2012

Looks like another discussion is due about "Healing when inhib down". More and more and more people are doing it. I'm beginning to think that, even though it's not a standard rule - it's becoming such.

The reason I don't like it, is I've sen far too many people abusing it. I.e. people are even buying when the inhib is down or even worse, recalling.

Discuss.