Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a tonne of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out Boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Standard ARAM Rules

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rayvén

01-05-2012

There are like 500 different ARAM rule sets out there... and out of 10 players, 11 follow a different rule set.

But 1 thing is always the same:
As soon as you win the match, your enemy will definitely find something absolutely worthleass, mentioned in 1 of the 500 rule sets, to qq about and call you a cheater all day.

Truder

01-05-2012

Quote:
Rayvén:
There are like 500 different ARAM rule sets out there... and out of 10 players, 11 follow a different rule set.

But 1 thing is always the same:
As soon as you win the match, your enemy will definitely find something absolutely worthleass, mentioned in 1 of the 500 rule sets, to qq about and call you a cheater all day.

That's why this thread has been made. To recognise the rules that everybody know and understand and ensure others wont suddenly come up with a new silly rule without discussing it first.

Rayvén

01-05-2012

Its forgotten again in 5 days, and people will cry again about dat noob Annie picking Flash... CHEATER!

Truder

01-05-2012

Quote:
Rayvén:
Its forgotten again in 5 days, and people will cry again about dat noob Annie picking Flash... CHEATER!

Just remember, if anyone doubts the rules, now there's a place you can send them to.

Kingyarthur

01-06-2012

Quote:
OnlyIntruder:
Just remember, if anyone doubts the rules, now there's a place you can send them to.

totally awesome that the community in EU West supports this. Getting NA to support something is incredibly hard most are complete jerks.

I totally understand why no suicide is a rule but has it from day 1 been a rule or has it been more with in the last 6 months?

I'm Curious as to when the rules split from a unified understanding to Eu doesn't allow it but yet NA does. I can't find any threads that stated it was never allowed until I joined EU west to help unite ARAM players.

Anyways Great work!!!

Rich Kane

01-06-2012

Some wrong, lots missing. You still can't buy even if inhib is down. You also can not buy lots of items which are not listed. If you want to standardise the rules try getting them right.

Rhoda Issa

01-06-2012

Quote:
Kingyarthur:
I don't think anything frustrates me more then when a team condones the actions of a cheater on their team just because they don't want to lose... Usually the people not "cheating" justify their stupidity by saying "Well I'm not the one cheating" just because they aren't personally doing it they feel they didn't cheat yet they heal, save, cc enemy to help the cheater.. Total garbage and to me those supporting the cheater are as much of a scum bag as the cheater themselves.

If you love ARAM as much as we do support us at:
http://www.wix.com/aramnation/unite

Well if he removes that rule then he needs to remove the rule of "No Suicide" because since the start of ARAM in NA it has always been allowed as long as the death has been MID.

I agree that the rule of backing to summoner circle if inhib is down is wrong but it has become common and unspoken... I've made changes on the NA rules because it does go against the Intentions of ARAM.

I know I posted this before but for some reason my post has been removed so I'll repost it.

I want the post to at least reflect the current situation on the EU-W realm. On our server it is common practise to not allow going back to spawn to heal when the inhib is down. People are going back to base more often since this post has been made, which is a bad thing.
Rules about suicide should be: die by minion/structure, don't buy. Doesn't matter where you died. At least that's the case on EU-W.

I don't really care what is common on the US server. I don't play on that server ever. Rules on NA don't have to be the same as on the EU, really.

Quote:
Kingyarthur:
totally awesome that the community in EU West supports this. Getting NA to support something is incredibly hard most are complete jerks.

I totally understand why no suicide is a rule but has it from day 1 been a rule or has it been more with in the last 6 months?

I'm Curious as to when the rules split from a unified understanding to Eu doesn't allow it but yet NA does. I can't find any threads that stated it was never allowed until I joined EU west to help unite ARAM players.

Anyways Great work!!!

It's the same thing with evolution theory. Split a population in two and both will evolve into something different from each other. It's not weird that two 'isolated' communities will eventually accept different rules.

The no suicide rule is reasonably common practise for quite a long period here.

Kingyarthur

01-06-2012

Quote:
Black Flamingo:
I want the post to at least reflect the current situation on the EU-W realm. On our server it is common practise to not allow going back to spawn to heal when the inhib is down. People are going back to base more often since this post has been made, which is a bad thing.
Rules about suicide should be: die by minion/structure, don't buy. Doesn't matter where you died. At least that's the case on EU-W.

I don't really care what is common on the US server. I don't play on that server ever. Rules on NA don't have to be the same as on the EU, really.

It's the same thing with evolution theory. Split a population in two and both will evolve into something different from each other. It's not weird that two 'isolated' communities will eventually accept different rules.

The no suicide rule is reasonably common practise for quite a long period here.

The suicide rule should be " execution by minions / towers " = not allowed to buy items? It does make sense with the original structure of ARAM to not allow intentional Execution because it takes that potential kill away from the other team.

For that same reason, because both communities have slightly different common rules, We are reflecting Both "Common" Standardized rule sets on ARAM Nation and Wkia as well as in the NA rules incase others like me want to play with our brothers cross the pond

Considering hosting a Global ARAM Tournament so I'm working hard at a unified rule system.

Jiggle Billy

01-06-2012

The no suicide rule also is logical in the way described by OnlyIntruder on pg 3(?). It prevents free snowballing. However, I also understand the US take on it, the challenge of attempting to die without any of the enemy benefitting from it also adds another dimension to the game.

Additionally, the no backing with no inhib rule would be common sense according to the general concept of the game but, yes, it is hard to implement when the enemy is pushing hard on you.

The backing rule could be implemented with some coding on a single lane map. A one-way wall could be built around the spawn pool, forbidding entry.
The item rules easily.

The other rules would need to be agreed on some consensus before hard implementation.

Kingyarthur

01-06-2012

Quote:
TheGrimRaper:
The no suicide rule also is logical in the way described by OnlyIntruder on pg 3(?). It prevents free snowballing. However, I also understand the US take on it, the challenge of attempting to die without any of the enemy benefitting from it also adds another dimension to the game.

Additionally, the no backing with no inhib rule would be common sense according to the general concept of the game but, yes, it is hard to implement when the enemy is pushing hard on you.

The backing rule could be implemented with some coding on a single lane map. A one-way wall could be built around the spawn pool, forbidding entry.
The item rules easily.

The other rules would need to be agreed on some consensus before hard implementation.

I totally agree with you. Don't get me wrong I completely understand the reason behind not allowing intentional execution. In fact when you've spent a good 15 minutes or more working down your enemy's health and then they intentionally let the tower kill them, all your hard work is gone with no benefit to you for it.

The one lane idea with shop only available to purchase while dead and no healing available at summoners circle would eliminate the problem of backing.

Items being unavailable is already done in Dominion.

One lane prevents jungling and side laning.

maybe map restrictions on global skills.

Aside from that; which would not be hard to do at all, not much more needed.