Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a tonne of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out Boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Standard ARAM Rules

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kingyarthur

01-03-2012

Hello EU WEST!! Yes I went ahead and made a summoner on your servers so I could come here and chat with my fellow ARAM Players.

We Started ARAM NATIONS: http://www.wix.com/aramnation/unite
- Our Focus, to unite all League of Legends ARAM players with a starting point of "standard rules" and community so that anyone joining ARAM games can easily find rules and others who are interested in the same thing ARAM!!!

Do you love ARAM? I nearly only play ARAM and find it extremely enjoyable. I find people such as OnlyIntruder inspiring because like him I myself wish to help the community enjoy themselves and unite in the game we love.

I see minor little rules in which the EU players differ from the US players but aside from that it seems pretty straight forward.

When playing on the EU West servers I've noticed A LOT of people name their games differently. All mid All random instead of ARAM.

if we are to unite the ARAM NATION we should all strive to call our games the same so to not confuse newer players.

My Suggestion would be Simply ARAM: Followed by any (set of rules) such as ARAM 30's ONLY, ARAM Standard Rules. This way nobody is confused and everyone knows what to expect when joining a All Random All Mid game

For everyone who is supporting our ARAM NATION movement, I thank you and can't wait to play. Hopefully one day RIOT will give us an official map + settings so we don't need or wont need all these rules.

I don't know if anyone here on the EU WEST server has started a petition but USA players have here:
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=1461006&page=5

nearly 900 summoners have signed it!!!

YOLO BRONZE

01-04-2012

I like ARAM

hhaavviikk

01-04-2012

yeah well there are some stupid hosts and their friends you know, for example.

playing an aram game and their like FLASH NO ALLOWED, or BT NO ALLOWED. everyone is starting to make up stupid rules...

Kingyarthur

01-04-2012

Quote:
hhaavviikk:
yeah well there are some stupid hosts and their friends you know, for example.

playing an aram game and their like FLASH NO ALLOWED, or BT NO ALLOWED. everyone is starting to make up stupid rules...

If I join a game and the host makes up some crazy rule, which mind you should be stated before the game starts, I'll just leave.

When the host starts a game without stating a rule I play by standard rules. If he stated rules after the game started then he's trolling...

Onerios

01-04-2012

Good idea posting this. On the other hand, when people break the rules, they are generaly doing it intentionaly, and in the other circumstances, a gentle reminder before the game starts and during if they do something wrong normaly fixes the problem.

Truder

01-05-2012

A problem I've encountered recently though are the serial cheaters. Those who refuse to communicate and actively cheat. Last game it was a tryndamere, used jungle creeps to build his rage and escape through the jungle as well has going back to base to regen and buy items. Absolutely ruined the game. What makes matters worse, their team condoned his actions by assisting him in getting kills etc. Normally when I see these kinds of cheaters, the team with the cheater would back away and let the cheater get what they deserve.... Such a shame that there are players out there who lack sportsmanship.

Rhoda Issa

01-05-2012

Please OnlyIntruder, remove the rule of 'you can go back when inhib is down'. It's not a good rule and never was used on EU-W until this post came around.

Kingyarthur

01-05-2012

Quote:
OnlyIntruder:
A problem I've encountered recently though are the serial cheaters. Those who refuse to communicate and actively cheat. Last game it was a tryndamere, used jungle creeps to build his rage and escape through the jungle as well has going back to base to regen and buy items. Absolutely ruined the game. What makes matters worse, their team condoned his actions by assisting him in getting kills etc. Normally when I see these kinds of cheaters, the team with the cheater would back away and let the cheater get what they deserve.... Such a shame that there are players out there who lack sportsmanship.

I don't think anything frustrates me more then when a team condones the actions of a cheater on their team just because they don't want to lose... Usually the people not "cheating" justify their stupidity by saying "Well I'm not the one cheating" just because they aren't personally doing it they feel they didn't cheat yet they heal, save, cc enemy to help the cheater.. Total garbage and to me those supporting the cheater are as much of a scum bag as the cheater themselves.

Quote:
Black Flamingo:
Please OnlyIntruder, remove the rule of 'you can go back when inhib is down'. It's not a good rule and never was used on EU-W until this post came around.

If you love ARAM as much as we do support us at:
http://www.wix.com/aramnation/unite

Well if he removes that rule then he needs to remove the rule of "No Suicide" because since the start of ARAM in NA it has always been allowed as long as the death has been MID.

I agree that the rule of backing to summoner circle if inhib is down is wrong but it has become common and unspoken... I've made changes on the NA rules because it does go against the Intentions of ARAM.

I know I posted this before but for some reason my post has been removed so I'll repost it.

Truder

01-05-2012

Quote:
Black Flamingo:

I'll set this rule as upto the host's discretion because as I've experienced, depending on how teams have been pushed, more often then not if people have been pushed to the nexus towers and further back people tend to skirt around the pool anyway.

Generally speaking, I've always been a follower of no going back at all unless you've been killed but as time has gone on and seeing how difficult it is to enforce that rule (since people will get pushed back and back and back). The feasibility of enforcing no going back at that stage is questionable.

So, as of now, post-inhibitor back rules are upto host's discretion, and must be uniform decision with the players.

Rule of thumb:- If a team can push the other team beyond nexus towers, allow the rule. If a team cannot push beyond the inhibitor after having destroyed it, disallow the rule.

Quote:
Kingyarthur:

Well if he removes that rule then he needs to remove the rule of "No Suicide" because since the start of ARAM in NA it has always been allowed as long as the death has been MID.

The reason EUW do not like suicides is, it presents an unfair situation on the teams with regards to the no back rule. The reasoning for this is, if a player is on a killing spree and decides they want to buy, or conversely have taken substantial harassment, suiciding takes away and satisfaction the other team may have been able to gain from killing them, it makes the game harder by allowing the player to "snowball" in a way.

Sylom

Recruiter

01-05-2012

What i hate about LoL ARAMs is that you can't enter the jungle to juke or to go from behind :l