Display driver has stopped responding and has recovered.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Codyksp

27-12-2011

For a while now I have been having the issue that my screen goes black while the game sounds continue for a few seconds and then it re-appears again. This only happens in the actual game, never in the client.

A few times I have minimized the game immediately when this happened and I noticed the message "Display driver has stopped responding and has recovered." in the bottom of my screen.

I've been through 3 different NVIDIA drivers since then and a few LoL patches as well but the problem persists. I use an NVIDIA GTX 580 3GB version which is at most 1 month old now. The issue never occurs in ANY other game, for example Battlefield 3, Crysis 2, SWTOR. None of those games have this issue which is why I am convinced it's related to a LoL patch that introduced some kind of graphics glitch...

Any help would be appreciated!

Not Even Ranked

27-12-2011

okes had that problem aswell...same with other games working like a charm....seems that ur vid card is broken. if u dont beleave me just send a support ticket to nvidia and they will say the same that the vid card is broken.
mine was new though but maybe they will give u a new one.

Codyksp

27-12-2011

Somehow I very seriously doubt that a broken videocard would malfunction in a single game.. especially one that requires next to no GPU power. I'm quite sure all games would be acting weird if that was the case.

Gekiha

27-12-2011

Yea, no way it's broken. If you run Battlefield 3 perfectly, then you're fine Bro

Well, I had this a couple of times as well, but it never actually happens to me in-game.

It just happens to me randomly sometimes when I'm normally using my laptop.

Codyksp

29-12-2011

I guess this isn't very high on Riot's priority list...

AlexAhnon

30-12-2011

I have the exact same problem. It would be great if anyone had any solutions to this.
My screen is a TV connected to my computer through HDMI and I have a NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GT graphic card.

BR41N K1LL3R

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-05-2012

any update with this problem? getting the same here...