How to get out of elo hell?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Reconcile

09-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saschix View Post
3. I was at lower elo all the time with knowing i could play higher because i carried nearly every game and i never had games where i have more than 8 deaths , but 1 or 2 in 2 weeks. What i want to tell u is , that carrying starts when u have totally outfarmed your lane/killed or just did awesomely gud calls which lead somehow to y victory or comeback. And no offense your screen posted didnt rly proof that u can carry your teams atm, ok true i understand olaf troll botlane pick isnt awesome at all he has not even a stun for some lane domination ganks, but its still not lost even with troll picks (kk with ad carry botlane with hardcore lane lost its i think the hardest situation to deal with when u want to carry).
It was not to prove I can carry a game, just to give an example how retarded my teams are sometimes xD Anyways, I have a totally different mindset now then at the time I've posted this. I haven't had time to play some ranked games though, since I had to study a lot lately. Thanks for the advice though =)

Valdemar47

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

16-01-2012

ranked sistem is just broken...period.
I pick what is needed , i play my role... i put wards even if i'm low on money , i "try" to be polite and comunicative.... every victory is followed by 2 or 3 loss cause at least 1 team member... act like a 16 month child. 1400 at the start now down to 1000 . no way out of elo hell ... just luck.

Manveru06

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

17-01-2012

Well, its hard. I lose more elo with a loss, than i can get it by a win... so, if i play 50/50 i will go down on the ladder.

Hatres

26-02-2012

Man you never get out of elo hell. I was on 900 elo and fighted myself up to 1200 elo i finally got it and then i joined 20 noobs in row now i am on 1000 atm. I would say that its IMPOSSIBLE to get out of elo hell. People always troll. People always Leave. People always feed, you cant stop it thats how people is they suck, they suck at games, they doesnt deserve to freakin play. Riot should really use some money on matchmaking instead of other things so we didnt joined fail people like 24/7

5 centai

Recruiter

26-02-2012

Happends to me. Ive started ranked game 1 week ago and im with 4 wins and 13 loses. If you would check my ranked stats you would believe that im not bad. Ive played last game 16-5-20 while other team mates was 2-15 and other afk. How i can win if its happends everytime i want to play ranked game.

II 47 II

26-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdemar47 View Post
ranked sistem is just broken...period.
I pick what is needed , i play my role... i put wards even if i'm low on money , i "try" to be polite and comunicative.... every victory is followed by 2 or 3 loss cause at least 1 team member... act like a 16 month child. 1400 at the start now down to 1000 . no way out of elo hell ... just luck.
There's an easy explanation for this: You went to 1.4k too quickly, aren't playing well enough for that elo, so you gradually went down to your correct elo. That's the only explanation, otherwise you'd carry yourself back up easily. For a "true" 1.4k player, 1k is so faceroll you can carry 90% of all games to a victory. No exaggaration, speaking from experience (was 1k when I started taking ranked seriously and got 90% winrate on my Vayne from that point on which lasted until I was about 1.4k).

Shigemori

26-02-2012

@stomp1
You know this isn't true... I'm gradually going down thanks to trolls and it's impossible to carry the game with them. Trolls for me so far: afk/feed/intentional feed/troll picks and could continue like this for long...
You can't win 5vs5 alone when enemy team has some teamplay and you have 4 retards running around without any reason. They refuse to get support, they steal buffs and don't know what strategy is...

And I would like to know why am I getting players with 5 won games ranked and 100 normal? Why isn't it selecting players with the same experience.

Little Monkfish

27-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shigemori View Post
@stomp1
You know this isn't true...
He is probably right though. And I can tell you why. Because you probably don't realise that getting good scores alone isn't enough to climb in ELO. Climbing in ELO requires a VAST amount of things to do on top of that and if you forget more than one of that amount you will never climb.

If I look at your scores I can see one thing you do wrong. You play way too much ranked. Give yourself a rule: if you loose 2 ranked games in a row on one day you switch to normals for the rest of that day.

If I had to give it to you in 3 big points (the ones I know anyway)

1) make sure all your external factors are in order: http://solomid.net/guides.php?g=4904
2) lead your team (show them when to go dragon, see which lanes are struggeling and either suggest for them to switch if they are top/mid or ask the jungler to help that lane with ganks, show them when to push lanes, when its best to splitpush, what to do with a baron-buff, etc)
3) Make that feed count. If you are feed, don't stand around saying you have a lot of kills, DO SOMETHING WITH IT. Turn that feed into dead enemy turrets, turn it into stolen enemy buffs, turn it into a dragon for your struggeling teammates, turn it into ganks to help sidelanes. Make something happen instead of just sitting around and waiting for the fed enemy team to come kill you in teamfights.

A note on 2), if you say they don't listen to you then you don't convince them in the right ways. Some stuff that won't work:
- Anything that's negative (no need to be sunny when doom is falling, but no need to be negative either)
- anything that's overused ("stay defensive" will never work, its overused and everybody's used to it. Saying "just let them push to your turret and farm there" might work.)

II 47 II

27-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shigemori View Post
@stomp1
You know this isn't true... I'm gradually going down thanks to trolls and it's impossible to carry the game with them. Trolls for me so far: afk/feed/intentional feed/troll picks and could continue like this for long...
You can't win 5vs5 alone when enemy team has some teamplay and you have 4 retards running around without any reason. They refuse to get support, they steal buffs and don't know what strategy is...

And I would like to know why am I getting players with 5 won games ranked and 100 normal? Why isn't it selecting players with the same experience.
I still got feeders, trolls and idiots at 1.5k - that's just soloqueue. I suggest you look up "Dunning Kruger Effect" on wikipedia. That's a detailed scientific explanation of your actual problem. Everybody getsd the elo he deserves, gradually, over time, just by playing enough games.

And you get matched with lesser experienced players because - well, where else would they start if not at low elo? Those players might think "why do I have to play with this guy who's still stuck at 1k after 100 games because he apparently doesn't ever learn anything?".

TicTac FisHumble

13-05-2012

How to get out of elo hell... In this elo nobody listen u.. I try give advices and stuff.. im nice I say I can play every roles even if im 1st pick I have great stats overall and Im stuck I got 1300 ranked games exp this sesson is true.. for so many games 1300 is bad.. like in this elo nobody listen you.. to get out u need lucky streak not win streak if u understand. GL everyone dat is trying to get out of this elo (just for goodies ones)