How to get out of elo hell?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Reconcile

23-12-2011

Edit: I can't close this thread, but it is over. I have gotten enough advice, checked enough guides, streams and such (not that I didn't before this thread). I have a totally different attitude now. So if you still want to read on and comment, do as you like, but since there are more threads in this forum that might need your attention more then this one does, please feel free to comment on those instead of mine and just let this one die.

In advance: sorry for this rant I'm about to type. If you don't feel like reading someone rant about elo hell or are going to post negative comments, please refrain from posting. I'd really like to to get constructive feedback and help.

In my attachment you'll find one of my latest games. I'm getting more and more games like this where I just can't carry the team anymore. I'll tell you how this game went.
First of all, in champion select the roles get divided nicely. Only our last pick wanted to play olaf jungle. I wanted to play top, but since someone insisted on being gragas top (without even knowing their picks), I took ad carry, since the only roles still not taken in account for were ad carry and support. I thought that one of the last picks would go support (since I was third pick, together with second pick), I know, big mistake.
Olaf went bot with me and started last hitting. I politely ask him to stop it, since I needed the gold. He thinks he is missing exp if he doesn't. I tell him he doesn't and then he says he needs gold too. I told him that he wanted to play olaf bot, next to an ad carry, knowing that top, mid and jungle were taken. He then just stands in the bushes doing absolutely nothing, not even harassing 'since he wasn't supposed to do anything'. So we get ganked bot and he doesn't want to go bot anymore, since I told him that he didn't do anything to help me (me seeing it coming and going to my turret, he just stays in the bush, gets ignored and does absolutely nothing to help me). So bot was lost without him.
Then the team decided to not surrender, so they can troll around a bit more. I just do my thing and still and up with a pretty decent score, seeing how fed their team was (they camped 10 mins in our base at the end of the match) and how bad my team was.

Anyways, lately I've been getting games like this the whole time, although not as bad as this. My match history features a 16/5/11 loss with rumble because my team did stupid things like not pushing, getting caught because they don't ward. Also an 0/12/8 loss as alistar support (I know, it's bad) because I tried to initiate for my team, end up getting focused and my team not even responding, while they're right next to me.

I've been at 1050 before, because my first few ranked games featured afkers and leavers. Then I got up to 1380, just to get back at 1050 now gradually (over 50 games or so) because my team does stupid things (I try to give them directions, ward for them and tell them to ward, do objectives, but they mostly don't listen to me).

I hope I can get some feedback on how to get out of elo hell, if you think I belong there, say so, but do it with reasoning please.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	How to carry.JPG
Views:	2448
Size:	186.6 KB
ID:	68679  

t0b4cc0

23-12-2011

http://uzictechno.radio.at/ this helps me much

never flame / rage
give GOOD advices...
time monsters
buy wards, and ask others to do so, if u dont ahve a support
pick what your team needs / counterpick, give pick advices
dont spam ping
tell them that you shalt not surrender if u have sth like vayne in your team
play with your team, and tell your teammates to play together

etc

try to carry them game wise, and by talking goood stuff

bla bla

PS: DUOQUEUE!!

€dit:
for this special game:
farm more!
tell your jungler to not gank your lane, instead help mid(that this le blanc doesnt get fed)

Reconcile

23-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by t0b4cc0 View Post
€dit:
for this special game:
farm more!
tell your jungler to not gank your lane, instead help mid(that this le blanc doesnt get fed)
Couldn't farm more, got denied by ez + soraka 2v1. Shaco ganked mid numerous times, but got instagibbed by le blanc each and every time (hence his score).

Reconcile

25-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by pHeoz View Post
Do not give them advice, they won't listen. Never they'd think you're better than them, or good enough to teach them something; hence, why would they listen.
Do not talk to them. Do not try to explain them what to do. Mute them all, and focus on your own game. Your allies won't suddenly get better because you told them what to do.
Ping on the minimap. That's the only thing people approximately understand and follow.
Play in duo queue. It's best not to play together on the bot lane, but at this level, you still can. Do not play bot with a random player, though.
Get fed by the hero on your lane, and most importantly, prevent other heroes from getting fed. Feeding your team is important aswell. They need stronger heroes than your enemies. Get the drakes. You will need to ping it many times for your allies to understand you want to do it.
Get the first blood (at level 2, or else, someone else in the enemy team will get it. It's a matter of seconds before they start feeding).
Do not cry for "ss" not being called. You should have seen it by yourself.
Also, do not underestimate the capability of your allied jungler to make you lose your lane. Do not trust him, and if you feel that it's not a good time to attack, just don't go and ping him back. Or simply let him attack alone.
Always keep in mind that you're not playing 5vs5. This is 2vs8. If you lose, this is your fault. You should have carried better. The enemy team simply did a better job at getting fed than you.
Finally, do not request your team to help you in the battle of Baron Nashor. Players often fear this epic monster and won't help you in your attempt of defeating it if it's too early in the game (shorter than 1 hour).

And if you don't want to read all this: just play akali mid, with proper runes. Since mordekaiser has been nerfed, it's probably the strongest hero to carry low level games.
Going sion as much as I can at the moment, if possible on top lane versus a bruiser. Mostly I get fed 4-5 kills in the first 10-15 minutes. Then I just gank the other lanes once or twice (with or without jungler) and we win. However, I don't get to play sion that much =(

skumbag Bert

26-12-2011

ALWAYS be positive and just try to carry them and help everyone as good as u can.
Also try to farm alot more

Ashkatar

01-01-2012

akali has been nerfed even more than mord that's for one. second, you can't carry a game with sion ever. he's the case of easy lane phase. It's easy to win lanes with him. But in team fights he's a very very low carry, his shield will most probably always get knocked down if the enemy team have any clue at all about this game, than you only have lich bane and stun left as your abilities and that's just not enough ever. If you want to carry games play the actually op champions that can 1v5. Vayne, volibear, ahri, lee sin, udyr, whatever has low cooldowns, cc, lots of burst and high survivability in team fights and mobility. Hit fast and hard than just run out.

TRshooter

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-01-2012

How hard it is to get out of elo hell if u have 3 loose streak? in the 3 games i had 1 leaver and 2 feeders. i had to go support cause noone else wanted to so i couldn't carry the game...

Reconcile

02-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashkatar View Post
akali has been nerfed even more than mord that's for one. second, you can't carry a game with sion ever. he's the case of easy lane phase. It's easy to win lanes with him. But in team fights he's a very very low carry, his shield will most probably always get knocked down if the enemy team have any clue at all about this game, than you only have lich bane and stun left as your abilities and that's just not enough ever. If you want to carry games play the actually op champions that can 1v5. Vayne, volibear, ahri, lee sin, udyr, whatever has low cooldowns, cc, lots of burst and high survivability in team fights and mobility. Hit fast and hard than just run out.
The games I play with Sion I can carry the game, because I end up so fed that I can stun+shield kill ad/support. Besides, I totally shut down their top laner with him. Also, if you have any clue about playing Sion, you won't let your shield get blown up before you can explode it.
Anyways, I'm currently learning to play more champions, because I feel that that is my biggest flaw in my game at the moment (I can play ~3 champions for each pretty good, with exception for top lane).

Cwtch

08-01-2012

Know that feel OP. Just went from 1413 to 1178 elo in one night. Oh well, bay liiiife QQ

Saschix

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-01-2012

OK.... So the question how to get out of elo hell is pretty hard to answer i think i will start off like this :

1. Elo hell is somehow hard to define anyways, i play since 5 weaks ranked and therefore i think im the wrong person who can actually give you the perfect advice how to get rating. The only thing i realized is, i played around 3 weeks at 1280-1400 and as i reached 1400 finally after the first week, i had to struggle with a crazy loosing streake where i played my elo all the way down agian in one night...
So i think the first advice i can give u out of that and i tried after, if u keep losing hard try to reset all things, get a clear mind do else things then sth on the desktop and try again.
U wont be able to carry if u play aswell only decent because ure still pissed off of your last couple of games.Now im 1600 and its working pretty smoof. And what i can tell you now, 1600 is not so much different to 1300, the players are sometimes as bad as in lower elo because the got awefully carried, the only thing what changed for me somehow is i got less trolls like evelynn sup or sth like that, so i think its aswell hard to say when elo hell ends bro.

2. My recipe of play solo q is mainly to switch on loud music , claim "MY" lane at the start...and with that i mean : Tell the ppl what u wanna play ; not like this : Hi i would like to ad or top or jungle, because the ppl wont decide for u what u will play, they will just rdmly pick and maybe they will pick their weaker lane and u have your weaker lane were u have not so much experience aswell , either. And dont blame even if its not going well.... i throw sometimes some trollin phrases out in the chat like: after a enemy´s triple kill : nvm our endgame is better we got this gogo.

3. I was at lower elo all the time with knowing i could play higher because i carried nearly every game and i never had games where i have more than 8 deaths , but 1 or 2 in 2 weeks. What i want to tell u is , that carrying starts when u have totally outfarmed your lane/killed or just did awesomely gud calls which lead somehow to y victory or comeback. And no offense your screen posted didnt rly proof that u can carry your teams atm, ok true i understand olaf troll botlane pick isnt awesome at all he has not even a stun for some lane domination ganks, but its still not lost even with troll picks (kk with ad carry botlane with hardcore lane lost its i think the hardest situation to deal with when u want to carry).

I for myself play top as main lane and if someone picks top before me (which happens very rare and when it happens its always the "silent guy"). Otherwise i play whats needed and tbh with sup or even when i jungle i have a hard time to carry and u just have to hope this times that oyur team is not total retarded or the enemy is even worse.

Hope i helped u a bit with my point of view the last weeks in solo queueing, and sry for the wall of text .