Controller based play?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shinodan1

13-10-2010

Basically for the past 3 days i have been trying to develop a method of being able to use an Xbox 360 controller with league of legends, might not be inviting to some, but i am a controller based gamer, and i love league of legends.

As far as i got, everythings perfect, i got a peice of software that will allow me to use the joystick as a mouse, and buttons on the keyboard. i set everything up erginomicly and it was going to be awsomely compatable, untill the anti-hack software dissalowed me to use this software.

Basically what im asking is there any way to get around this? i wouldnt concider it cheating in any manner because having a controller doesnt give you a tactial advantage at all.

And if not, would it be possible to request a controller option within the game?

Daniel.

No Fun AIIowed

13-10-2010

Why do you want to gimp yourself?
I tried playing Dragon Age on console at a friends house and it was a nightmare, i would hate to see what LoL would be like on a console.

CleverBird

13-10-2010

Why on earth would you want this? I agree that the keys would be easier to handle, but skillshots would be near impossible, as well as moving your camera fast enough
And how would you call miss? Or ping on the minimap?

So... no

Master Ice79

13-10-2010

Mmm,

Im good with a mouse and keyboard....but when it comes to a analog stick or whatever its called, i suck so hard.

Iveck

13-10-2010

you maybe be a controller freak, but I think RTS games are played best on a keyboard with mouse.
or maybe with just a mouse with many buttons.
but a controller....(but I'm a pc freak, so I can't really judge)

Shinodan1

13-10-2010

I did say, if you read what i wrote, not suited for some. pinging the mini map would be as simple at point and click, as i said, i set the controller to work perfectly fine with the game.

Here is a map layout as i invision.

http://img31.imageshack.us/img31/485...llerlayout.jpg

InC Acias

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

13-10-2010

You still need left and right mousebutton and the "s" skill.

ElvenAvenger

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

13-10-2010

What about ITEM hotkeys?

Shinodan1

13-10-2010

left and right mouse buttons are clicking the joystick in. and theres still 5 more buttons available?

Shinodan1

13-10-2010

thing is, i used to be a keyboard and mouse freak, but when i started 360 gaming i started liking the idea of being able to sit back and relax with a simple control device in my hands. iv played loads of RTS style games with it, and never had a problem,

Remember its your own personal preference if u like the mouse and keyboard, it would just be nice to have the option.