New map in LoL?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jimbei

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-06-2010

Hi guys

I just wanted to make a little thread about the maps in LoL and like to share ideas that may be used for new maps in the future.

Personally I like the fact that there are 5v5 and 3v3 maps available atm, however; I do miss a 2v2 map for some competitive gaming with a friend and against friends. The reason I figured this could be cool was that I really enjoy being able to play various maps and number of people, so I figured a 2v2 map could be fun to implement naturally this would be a map where almost anyone would sign up premade, which should also give a higher level on competetion on the various ELO, or be a good way to teach new players (which you know or not) to play the game w/o too much going on for them to concentrate about :P

I would like to know what you all think about implementing a map like this in LoL sometime; and also, I have made a draft (in paint yes) which I would like to hear if it could be used and also get responses about things that should be done otherwise.
Layout-wise I'm thinking Desert, Swamp or Snowy mountain peeks.

Cheers everyone

2v2 Map: The Final Frontier http://img80.imageshack.us/content_r...pg&via=mupload

V. 1.1.: http://img693.imageshack.us/content_...pg&via=mupload

Rexplosive

07-06-2010

Honestly I think there are too many neutral creep camps. 2 players for 6 buffs?

Jimbei

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-06-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rexplosive View Post
Honestly I think there are too many neutral creep camps. 2 players for 6 buffs?
There are only 1 buff and 5 normal camps.

But turn it down to 1 buff and 3 camps maybe?

Thanks for responding

Rexplosive

07-06-2010

OH, it says Lich camp My bad
That changes things.

I can appreciate there not being more than 1 buff, since I wouldn't like another Twisted Treeline map where the sole purpose is neutral creep control.

But something that I would like to see in a new map are new features, that haven't been used in any of the other maps. Wouldn't it be cool with a "switch" in the top of the middle that would cause the entrance for the Golem/Lich Mix camps to be blocked for the enemy team? The enemy team can then hit the switch themselves and open up their own entrance while simultaneously blocking THEIR enemy team's entrance.
Then maybe even change the Golem camp to a new neutral creep. Like an ogre (he can be named Jimbei in your honor - Jimbei the Juggernaut) that provides gold and experience to the team and gives all friendly neutral creeps 20% increased attack speed or something.

*EDIT* I prefer the first upload still :P

Jimbei

07-06-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rexplosive View Post
OH, it says Lich camp My bad
That changes things.

I can appreciate there not being more than 1 buff, since I wouldn't like another Twisted Treeline map where the sole purpose is neutral creep control.

But something that I would like to see in a new map are new features, that haven't been used in any of the other maps. Wouldn't it be cool with a "switch" in the top of the middle that would cause the entrance for the Golem/Lich Mix camps to be blocked for the enemy team? The enemy team can then hit the switch themselves and open up their own entrance while simultaneously blocking THEIR enemy team's entrance.
Then maybe even change the Golem camp to a new neutral creep. Like an ogre (he can be named Jimbei in your honor - Jimbei the Juggernaut) that provides gold and experience to the team and gives all friendly creeps 20% increased attack speed or something.

*EDIT* I prefer the first upload still :P
I think that is an awesome idea !

This is exactly what I hoped to get out of posting on the forum the switch thing would make the golem area like a cage of sorts? w. 2 entrances and switches outside the entrance? I like the idea, and there is no doubt that shaco and shen would be used much since they can jump out and in of the arena.

The buff should be on creeps for about 2 minutes then I recon? And gold should be 50-70 pr. player?

Rexplosive

07-06-2010

The strength/duration of the buff has to correspond to how difficult the Ogre is to kill Just remember that the Ogre "room" should never be able to get closed on both sides.
It could also become a tactic to ward Ogre area and LET the enemy start fighting ogre and THEN close the entrance to their own side forcing them to come out to you

This will of course most likely cause most players to use champs that can go through walls or get flash.

Jimbei

07-06-2010

But it would be a very fun element I think its a fun idea ^^
I will think of a way to draw it on the map

But I think the ogre buff is good w. 20% since it makes the ogre important to get, and also makes it important to def lane and push lane meanwhile You could make the "buff" as a thing that will make the next 3 creep waves spawn 1 ekstra sorceror and melee, and all w. 15% IAS?

thelolzor

07-06-2010

anything less than 5v5 sucks hard for this type of game

/thread

Rexplosive

07-06-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelolzor View Post
anything less than 5v5 sucks hard for this type of game

/thread
I disagree.

Anyway, Jimbei. If I were to get an Ogre buff, I'd rather have all minions gain 20% attack speed than 15% attack speed and 2 more minions. Because more minions just means more gold for the enemy It's supposed to benefit your own team and not your enemies

Jimbei

07-06-2010

Yeah thats true... but normally they can steal the buffs, and this way it will be harder? Either that, or they should be able to steal the "buff" if a Champ carries it around?