How to farm with Alistair

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

HypnotiX

13-10-2010

Hello, i seem to finish every game with Alistar with ~60 creep kills two tank items at most and not enough kills to make up for it.
I know that Alistar is just supposed to tank and defend his teammates and that is basically all i do in a match, i run around the map trying to either push a tower help a teammate that is getting chased or form a group to go ganking. When we are winning my items are not an issue but when the match is even or we are slightly losing this is when my lack of items is starting to show because i cant tank properly their dmg.
So my question is how do i balance farming for the core items that means around ~100 creep kills and always be around to help my team ?
P.S since i am only lvl 14 i tend to spend the few money i have on wards because no one else seems to care, should i stop doing that even if no one else is willing to buy them ?

Dakonblackblade

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

13-10-2010

Maximize pulverize over headbutt and go for sunfire cape or 2 mass heart of gold. Not much u can do.

Nyomi

13-10-2010

As Dakon said, pulverize>headbutt, sunfire/heart of gold.

I play Alistar a lot, and I try to focus on last hitting as much as possible and I also get the wraiths/wolves/golems when I can if our team doesn't have a jungler. Also get the dragon with your team as often as possible, 130 gold for the whole team is never a bad thing.

About the wards, I usually get a green one (90g) on my first trip to base if I have leftover money and place it in the brush at the end of the river or at the dragon. I usually end up buying around 5 wards during a game (450-750g depending if you are buying green or pink ones), but you could also ask your team or lanepartner to buy a ward.

There's also a mastery that gives you like 1 gold every 10 seconds in utility, and +2 gold per minion kill if you have a twisted fate on your team.

I may be forgetting something, but I hope this helps you!

Shredfreak

13-10-2010

Wards is a big nono on alistar & tanks in general really.

I'm always aiming for randuin's omen late game & get heart of gold pretty early on.

Main thing that bugs me on him is his speed though.

Tiqua or Conker

05-11-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shredfreak View Post
Main thing that bugs me on him is his speed though.
Movemenspeedquints are the only ones I still use on Ali, those are great and movementspeed is the most important thing for alistar.