AP Warwick Build

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MaxiBeça

16-12-2011

Ive always played Warwick with AS and on hit effects. Recently i wanted to try him AP and ive been wondering how the majority of people builds him? I build him tanky (i really like bruisers with serious resists and sustain):

Against a normal team comp with some cc

Frozen Heart, Rilay's, Abyssal, Mercs, Gunblade, and Spirit Visage.

I only got 2 runepages, so i use Magic Pen marks, flat AP quints, mana reg yellows and AP/lvl blues. For masteries i go 9-21-0. With those i can get some good resists, be tanky, and deal some good damage. He's very durable because of the lifesteal, spellvamp, and extra healing, plus having 40% CDR.

Is this build ok? It worked for me in the few games i played.

It would be really nice if anyone with more experience on AP WW could give me his insight.

Rekkan

16-12-2011

I think buying Ability Power is a bit useless, because your Q in late game scales with the enemy's 20% hp mostly. So... I prefer magic pen only and go for tanky and onhit items to further strengthen the damage output and presence in fight.

pedra forlorn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

16-12-2011

it doesnt work
even if u can manage to hold u ground, u would have done 10x better with ur current build

MaxiBeça

16-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedra forlorn View Post
it doesnt work
even if u can manage to hold u ground, u would have done 10x better with ur current build
can you elaborate that? you mean the tanky AS build i usually play? sorry just didnt understood at all :S

Rekkan

16-12-2011

He means that, with WW AP, even if you are able to do a 1v1 or help in teamfights, the usual tanky AS build does the job better. I think.

Eppus

17-12-2011

his ulti scales with AD, no AP at all. his q is also fixed, so no reason to go ap ww. you can try to go ad instead of tanky, thats more worth giving a try.

Rekkan

17-12-2011

Then he loses the tankiness. D:

Murkked

18-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rekkan View Post
Then he loses the tankiness. D:
and you dont if you go ap?

Ald0Raine

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

18-12-2011

Watch Guardsman Bob he is on right now and plays AP WW at least once per day. He is probably the best AP WW player in the world and regularly win streaks with him.

I'm not entirely sure but i think he builds something like
Sorcs
Shroud
Wits End
Spirit Visage
finish FH

http://www.own3d.tv/live/34046/Guardsman_Bob

Murkked

18-12-2011

? that isn't ap thats weird attack speed* build.

EDIT:clarification ap warwick is the warwick which only uses his q which has something like 1 ap ratio. so this means he always wins on trade as you have like 0.8? heal ratio so even if they hit, you hit as hard/harder and heal for more. you keep doing it until they are forced to back.

but reason why this kinda sux is you have ONE usuable attack out of everything you will do horrible damage everywhere else, also its ridiculously small range compared to other champions. cc and you're dead. and your gonna have to go against the big boys in mid who have ranged cc which is longer, imagine kassadin silence, you're going to just eat every single 1 even if you have natural sustain you wont last for long.