How to counter Nasus?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TeiX

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

16-12-2011

If Nasus doesnt get a solo lane he will have issues acheiving lategame(it will take longer)

but normally A nasus player relaizes that his early game is weaker and trie to be passive until he can figth you

Sylph

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

16-12-2011

New nasus can't be pushed out of solo lane with a typical toplane bruiser (including renekton, but rumble could probably push him out).
If he get's his farm on, your team lose, so putting a bruiser against him is a no-go.

As such, if nasus is solo, but a ranged AD against him. Even make it your duolane if you want to, but you can also get away with a 2010-style metagame team - solo Ad carry ashe, kog etc.

However, the Op wants to know what to do against him in a duolane. I find this a lot easier, since you get a lot more time before he reaches his ulti, and that's precious time to push him off minions. He's melee, he's kitable (one of the most kitable champs in the game). Focus everything on hurting him, and get your lanemate to do the same.

oiml

16-12-2011

Put Teemo against him. He will not die and can harrass the sh*t out of Nasus.

Possiblyreef

16-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by oiml View Post
Put Teemo against him. He will not die and can harrass the sh*t out of Nasus.
i got downvoted for saying teemo :|
seems people dont know about blind and nasus' Q

Cpt Krutch

16-12-2011

Garen

Glorfindel312

16-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reymerswaele View Post
Garen
garen is the way against nasus.

Grævlingen

16-12-2011

Garen is a decent pick agianst Nasus, but the true counter is Gangplank. His revome scurvy ability removes Nasus's only way of getting close. Gangplank get easily harrass Nasus beacuse of the slow effect on parley. A good Gangplank is able to do lots of damage to Nasus while kiting because of his higher movement speed.
And if he buys wriggel's then his sustain will be higher than Nasus's counter harrass.

Didaksan

16-12-2011

I'm so going to work on that teemoVnasus @ top lane.
Just to show you people teemo does absolutely nothing after lvl 5.

Anurhis

16-12-2011

Pick the obviously broken Riven against him.

Clebardman

16-12-2011

i played nasus solo top a long time and went to jungle, because the new jungle allows hit, and he's such a bad laner early game against any char except some full melee chars (tryndamere, singed). People often pushtoo much because of his really low presence early game. this isn't a good idea. even if he doesn't farm q early, he can easily come back mid game, and he will be a lot more tough than a lvl 2 or 3 nasus. Let him get those first stacks, and when you have your full combo ready, just kill him. wither ain't that bad early game.

awful chars to play against as nasus (some are quite common and cheap top chars btw)
-cho gath (this guy...)
-garen (actually you can beat him if you cast q before his silence, exhaust him when he spins, and hope he'll forget about his summoner's spells)
-teemo (blind, evil shrooms, just disappear in bush with 20% hp while their jungler appears in the river - that one is awful)
-morgana (snare+stun, cc shield nasus can't break.)
-blitzcrank (yeah, blitzie seems odd top, but eating a rocket grab+uppercut when you just wanted a stack on your q... he also has an excellent speed boost, and his passive. i'd suggest an early glacial shroud for blitzie, mana, cdr and armor. everything he wants against nasus)
-ryze (just ryze, doesn't give a **** about metagame and destroy every top melee chars)

all these chars can deny him his precious q farm, and keep him away from them. having laned against all of these as nasus, i can tell you it's hard not to smash your keyboard on your screen in anger )

and exhaust helps, as usual.

@Didaksan : shrooms are wrecking you when playing nasus. blind too. no dash, no speed boost. your teamfighting and chasing abilities drop to 0 against a good teemo. i'm not saying teemo beats nasus 1v1 in any way, but that's not the point of the game anyway.