How to counter Nasus?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Triplefist

16-12-2011

I have been actively playing LoL for a while and learn most tips and tricks. But there is one thing I just cant figure out; How the **** do you counter Nasus?

Firstmost, he is a tank that got kinda huge lifesteal, the best single target slow, huge dmg because of the retardedly easily stacked 'Q' and a ulti making him even tankier. Some people would say "go cait, kog etc etc because they got long range" Okay, that could work in a sololane. But what the **** do you do when Nasus is paired up with a disabler such as Morgana, Sion or whatnot?

Could anyone explain to me how the **** to counter this unstoppable juggernaut? I know you need to stop his farm, but how?

Deneviel

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

16-12-2011

Depend on the ally he is paried up. Nasus + Xin/Sion/Morgana/etc.. is almost a lost lane, consider to play defensive and don't make them farm kill. I'm not a pro but i found champ like Karthus good in this situation. Simple stay back of minion ( out of skill range ) and spam uor AOE ability to not make them hit the tower. Any ranged Aoe champ can fill the role like Brad, Veigar, Cat etc....

Another solution is Blizcrank, but this depend a lot on the enemy skill and uor attention to any second of the game.

That's all i can tell u XD wish that some high ELO give a more exaustive answer.

FireCoTTon

16-12-2011

Usually Nasus is solo top, otherwise the other team don't know what they are doing.
It's pretty easy to shut him down, his earlygame is pretty weak, he does barely any damage.
I find it pretty easy to beat him with Yorick, Riven or Wukong.
Yorick: Just harass him whenever he tries to Q minions.
Riven: Dash up and use your stun to damage him, if you do it right, the low hp minion which he wanted to lasthit should be dead.
Wukong: Buy wriggles, beat the **** out of him.
There are plenty of counters to him, I for myself never had any problem against Nasus.

Possiblyreef

16-12-2011

teemo!

Aeon1337

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

16-12-2011

Vayne ... freefarm, freewin

Philipz

16-12-2011

Garen, Renketon, Rumble and Gangplank counter him pretty hard in lane, having a stong ganking jungler helps a lot too.

Take champions that dont relay on autoattacks for harras/damage and/or can get rid of his slow.

SealerRT

16-12-2011

Ryze.

Alarcarr

16-12-2011

Riven Vayne Vladimir (yes vlad)

Fitzer

16-12-2011

(solo top situation)
Play Olaf and get wriggles -> spam Reckless swing every time he comes last shot and heal uself with lifesteal. After 4-5 E u can go and kill him when he tries to last shot. After 2-3 kills you can farm and deny him.
If he comes to heal with auto attacking minions engage after few Reckless swings when hes lower than you.

(Dual vs Dual lane situation)
Play Ranged (Teemo, Vayne, Caitlyn) and harras him hard when he goes for last shots Dont play passive at all! If you play it rigth, you get 2-3 hits when he last shots + 1 skill and he will lose 20-30% of his hp after 1 last shot. After a while you notice that he cant go last shot + he cant go aggressive because of his low hp -> win.
Remeber you have your team m8 on lane to support you with dmg. Then you have 2x amount of dmg to harras with and remember "Nasus does not have any dmg early game so abuse it and engage as much as you can"

(1v2 lane situation)
Ask for ganks 24/7. Since its junglers work to help laners to win the lanes. Early ganks+ kills and you can win them by uself by outleveling+gearing them.

Xzito

16-12-2011

I cant agree with some the comments , A decent nasus wont get push to the tower he will just last hit quite simpel.a kartus bomb will hit more minoins so if your kartus your prob will be push him.

The best sutation is the gank of jungler and hoping for a early kill.

Riven/Renektoncan be a possible option same goes for rumble (garen a bit but a decent nasus wont loose to him)
Also for the olaf before u went re and got Wriggles nasus is 6 already and farmed quite a bit. olaf will loose end of story.

a Ranged can work quite good @ top pushing him and outzoning him should do the trick.