Ahri: mana issues

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

VileEvil

15-12-2011

Got 22/0/8 masteries (with mana reg)
Got +11 mana reg / lvl18 with runes
I start with Doran Ring....

Still I can't play aggressively as I want, I run out of mana after a single combo of spells (q/w/e)... Sometimes I found myself also in grave danger when I needed ulti to run away but I was out of mana... And that's why I decided to buy Chalice of Harmony, even before RoA.. I never run out of mana, and I have ALWAYS enough mana for ast least 1 spell...

But I've been heavily blamed for it my last 2 team... :"LOL LOOK AT HER ITEMS"...

/Discuss

CCYunto

15-12-2011

Blue buff is your friend.

Caridor

15-12-2011

I run with yellow mana regen runes and start with mana crystal. Masteries at 21/0/9 and dont take mana regen (move speed, improved recall, buff duration and good hands)
I have no problem with mana until I have enough to get catalyst, which solves my mana problems.

Red Poppy Ranger

15-12-2011

You should not spam your abilities if you are running out of mana...

mackpack

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

15-12-2011

Blue buff and catalyst. Also, why not 9 in utility and 21 in offense? Buff duration is like the best talent in that whole tree.

mackpack

Chiakii FF

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

15-12-2011

Same, i dont run oom if i dont spam that much..

At lvl 5+ u just get the blue and ur problem is solved..

Loare

15-12-2011

If a single combo of spells is making you OOM, that means you're using it in the early stages of the game. You should only combo your spells knowing you'll run out of mana if you can secure a kill with it.

Otherwise, sit back for a while and harass with Q/W every once in a while.

Slahac

15-12-2011

I did not play her, but from the spell description she seems to be OK. All her spells start at 60 Mana (Charm costs only 50) and have OK AP ratios - if you land those skillshots.

Looking at her base stats, she seems to have the same MP5 and Mana as other AP casters. She has 17,05 MP5 and 1130 Mana (Annie has 17,7/1150 and Brand has 14,4/1060). So I would say that your issue may be not landing your skillshots, or overusing your spells for lasthitting. Given the fact that she is supposed to get close to assasinate it makes sense to build RoA for her - that means more mana and mana regen in laning phase from Catalyst.

PS: Just last question - when you are qqing for Ahri being mana hungry, did you by chance ever played with Anivia? She is by definition a mana hungry champ and even for her nobody builds Chalice. Generally Tear is superior to Chalice just by the fact that you may build Archangel's from it end game.

Lícozy

15-12-2011

omg i cant spam skills with ezreal brand caitlyn veigar karthus cassiopea anivia taric sona janna soraka zaonjfdcsdjnfhbjbdq

PLS BUFF MANA REGEN FOR ALL

BioDio

15-12-2011

I rush Chalice of Harmony (really cheap) so I can spam abilities, I do the same thing with morgana, and since you will be AP carry mid lane, the extra magic resist is always useful, and time your Spell Vamp.

With this combo you can lane for the entire early game with no need to base, just like morgana. I only have flat mana regen runes on her as seals and the rest is offensive runes, and go 21 - 9 - 0 on masteries, so I can survive early game easier.

This is my opinion and my build ofc, she is still new, so, there is more interisting builds yet to be discovered.