How many rune pages does one need for ranked? Around:

3-4 7 36.84%
5-6 5 26.32%
7-9 7 36.84%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Rune pages

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shinozou

15-12-2011

Hi community, my question is the following. I am wondering about how many rune pages I should be going for. Because there is this bundle (7 rune pages) for 2600 RP; and one rune page costs like 530 RP or 6300 IP. This suggests to me that I will need loooots of rune pages later on when I am lvl 30 and going for ranked.

So my question is: Are like 4 pages enough or should I go for this bundle to have 9 pages?

I wanna focus on support and tank roles, and my feeling right now is that 4 pages might be enough; but since I still am a lot noobish I though it would be best to ask you experienced guys for advice.

Thanks for replying and helping me!

SANEakaIN

15-12-2011

If you can afford it get the bundle, the freedom to be able to set up specific runepages for champions or situations is very usefull.

You would at least need a AP page, a AD page , a Jungler page, a Tanking page and a Support page so you can do those roles when ( if ) you decide to go ranked or draft mode normals.
Some champions like Akali benefit from a hybrid rune page, in Akalis case you want to try proc her twin disciplines passive at the start so you can still take boots and pots to lane with.

... in brief more pages is better.

basod

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

15-12-2011

It depends on the range of champions you play. If you have a small pool you play well then 3-4 should suffice. If however as you learn the game you need more, then the rune page bundle is a good investment. It certainly is something I'm looking at purchasing.

Shinozou

16-12-2011

Thanks for replying! So by now this sounds more like I should get my hand on those pages.. It would be really heplful to get some more opinions from you guys, since, as I said, I am still a complete noob (least compared to you 30ish ranked players) unable to figure this out on my own.

I just got one other question: If I'd get the pages - should I fill 'em up with tier 1 runes first and replace those as I get more IP or play with one set of tier 3 runes until I have another ready, then play with those two until I complete my 3rd and so on. (Hope this doesnt sound too complicated..)

SANEakaIN

16-12-2011

Tier 1 is cheap enough to grab and will work good enough until you hit 20, then you can start collecting Tier 3 ones... Tier 2 are too expensive for too little gain for only 10 levels.
In my opinion... I got through to 30 without tier 2 runes...hell I didnt even have that many tier 1 runes to be honest.