How to play AD carry (vayne)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PhreakStyle

14-12-2011

srsly its so frustating! i got so much power in my hands when full build, but i just not to be able to use it cause i die to quick, there was a olaf in enemy team wich sumply ulti, ghost, exhaust and chunk my hp in seconds....
this is just an example ofc, i always find it hard to play. Im trying to learn to play ad carry cause imo is the one tht carries games (atleast late game)

any tips to how to play ad carry?(vayne expecialy)
any guide out there?
in team fights my main problem is positioning and who to target, ive heard " kill the quishy" but to do tht i have to in the midle of the fight and il die in seconds, ive heard recently tht all you need to do i stay at the back of ur team and deal as much dmg as possible to whos near you.

help me plz

Omen

14-12-2011

Alot of positioning relies on your team to make the positions for you, if possible, tell your team to not allow certain champs through and burst them down together, your bruisers are the ones meant to be going for the carries, you hit whatever you can, late game AD carries can (especially vayne)take down brusiers relatively easily.

Wait for an opening to go in, preferably when the enemy team has used up most of their CC...but yeah, AD carry is easily one of the hardest champs to play well.

Remember vayne has a 2 second cooldown at rank 5 with stealth and ult, USE IT!

jayfkay

14-12-2011

builds:
in my opinion, you have only two options. 1 buy a wriggles and BC afterwards, then PD, IE.
2 buy a BT and two PDs and then either IE or guardian angel/ qss/ banshees. and green elixirs.

I had the most success and the sickest KD's so far with the 2nd build. Its brutal in 1v1, punishing overextending carries, lone supports etc. It relies on crits so you should buy a green elixier as often as possible.

as for how to have success in teamfights:
you must know the enemies (abilities of the champ, behaviour of the player).

when they initiate or a fight seems imminent, you are out of range of any possible ccs and aoes.
you wathc the situation and depending on many factors you just ulti and tumnble around (circular) the opponent, mostly ap carries, bruisers or ad carries, and always keep them away from you, unless you are sure yo ucan heavily outdamage/sustain them.

its important you focus brands and caitlyns but if nothing else is possible just attack whatever you can.

retroios

14-12-2011

http://solomid.net/guides.php?g=9735 guide by Chaox

Philipz

14-12-2011

Generally I'd aviod ad champions with little to no escapemechanisms in solo que cause most of the time your teammates will throw their cc at the quishis to get some kills in rather than protecting you.
I don't play kog'maw or ash at all while having the most success with Tristana.
Vayne is pretty good against brusiers because she can kite verry well.

Its a big misconseption that a ranged ad should focus the squishis in the back.
Your most important job in a teamfight is not to die. The second most important one is to deal dps, if you only can focus the enemy tank without putting you in danger then just fucus the tank, someone has to kill him at some point anyways and nobody should be better doing so than you to begin with.

In most cases you will have to deal brusiers who charge through the teamfight comming for you, you need to kite them. As vayne you can use tumble and condem to creat distance between you and the brusier, with your ult you can juke them by abusing your sealth making them belive you ran in a deriction you didnt run.
But kiting isn't running away. You need to damage the brusier/kill him while doing so or he will chase you out of the teamfight. You want to move away from him in between attacks and use condem or the stealth of tumble when he is almost in melee range.

Oh and one last thing: please dont stack bloodthirsters, you only need one of them if your lanepartner can't sustain you. Getting a last whisper for the armorreduction and some defenive iteam like qicksilver slash, banshees veil or guardien angel is much more important than potentially having 50% livesteal.

Ch4zu

14-12-2011

First of all: I'd advise going flash/ghost + clean on AD carries (works excellent for me on Corki & Ashe)

Like the other ones said: you can't engage nor jump in a teamfight, so stay at the back with your support and shoot everything you can. When you see a teammate in danger knockback the biggest threat and he'll have time to flash/run away.
If someone comes to 1v1 you knock the player back, make sure the support notices you and CC's+heals while you lifesteal your opponents life away.

Extra tip: jungle battles are heaven for you.

Emperis

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

14-12-2011

Getting a last whisper on vayne really enables you to take down the more tanky characters because of the Armor Pen and the true damage you deal.

Make sure you are a bit behind your teammates so you are harder to focus.

Space Age Pimp

14-12-2011

ad carries are hard to play (the hardest champions by far)

practise positioning to get better at them (playing janna helps you understand botlane and positioning greatly)

Space Age Pimp

14-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emperis View Post
Getting a last whisper on vayne really enables you to take down the more tanky characters because of the Armor Pen and the true damage you deal.

Make sure you are a bit behind your teammates so you are harder to focus.
vayne is an assasin AD who is good at killing the tank while she doesn't have the oppurtunity to kill there squishies

don't build around killing there tanks build around being the assasin carry you are supposed to be

HaxProx

16-12-2011

*******http://img843.imageshack.us/img843/3525/weqwej.jpg[/IMG]

1.mainly most important thing playing ad carry is your positioning.
2.never ever facecheck brush
3. do not overextend
4. do not dive with vayne,kite kite.
5.you need appropriate build, but vayne imo mostly uses a standard build
6. in a tf if you see that someone is charging you , straight away change your target to him and kite, or run untill he will turn back,then hes an easy kill.
7. use your condemn properly.
8.in a tf if your team is in a middle of a fight,help them.(take the highest damage dealing target)do not chace the lowest healt champ who is running away.thats the reason why most of the time team fails if they start chasing someone.
9.get as many cs as you can. ad carry needs to farm,so if you see a secure creep spot dont hesitate to go there,even if there are few wolves nearby you. farm farm farm. but do it wisely , you still have to help out your team. as a decent vayne player i would recommend jungle runes on her armmor/mres/armorpen

and i would recommend to play ranked games with your adcarry.
only there you will learn how to play ad carry decently.