trap based champions

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Murkked

12-12-2011

i want moar! recently had a game where i was cait managed to lay traps like a boss saving 2 people (and my self) and using her net to slow ppl down. that got me thinking, although there are trap using champions (cait teemo nidalee) they aren't really trap based as they can't really go around the map and win games on traps (they can but its hard) basically i'm not thinking of OP ever lasting heim turret style traps or whatever (as you could spam them forever). just more on the fly traps which would be great. maybe you have to fit certain criterias like the opponent has to be sighted or you have to be within range of the trap and stuff. it would be solely trap building champion with maybe some other utility. this means most of the prowess comes in more in the jungle than lanes or straight out teamfight (but he makes a very good champion when tf goes wrong as he can save the team by being a nuisance). just a thought by an avid lol fan!

Icyene

12-12-2011

Yep, they do make the game more fun. Running around, avoiding traps would make the game more strategic, instead of just clicking attack.

Murkked

12-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icyene View Post
Yep, they do make the game more fun. Running around, avoiding traps would make the game more strategic, instead of just clicking attack.
yea would make the game more dynamic. also because of the nature of traps every single one will be a skill shot based so would be kind of hard to master as they would probably know you are going to lay a specific trap depending on the situation. (the rope trap where the person is dragged to 1 side or the pit fall where they will be rooted for couple of seconds) and ofcourse i think to make it fair it has to be very short duration but also instant cast or else wouldn't work in a fast paced enviroment and i think because of this it wont cast under enemy champions as that would be too OP early game if you have such heavy cc straight away) but would be awesome for zoning as support. another idea i think would be good is that it has high mana costs but short durations so traps can't be spammed early game but mid game it peaks then late game most of it will be tf anyway.

Yarzahn

13-12-2011

Quote:
Running around, avoiding traps would make the game more strategic, instead of just clicking attack
Funny you should say that, when teemo is the most annoying mother fckr ever in LoL

Possiblyreef

13-12-2011

the amount of times ive been in a game against a teemo that is doing nothing at all, running away from chasing enemy on low hp and i hit a shroom o_o

DeAimon

13-12-2011

Bring techies from dota in here.
TECHIES NR 1

Murkked

13-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yarzahn View Post
Funny you should say that, when teemo is the most annoying mother fckr ever in LoL
thats true but those traps are kind of meh as firstly teemo can't win games on traps alone (period) he has a very short range to lay his shrooms and they aren't insta cast so very hard to incorporate on the run. ofc he can go around spamming as many as possible but since it runs out in 10 minutes and only 1 every 35 seconds. anyway he is annoying but not the kind of annoying i want.