Support build

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Turned

11-12-2011

Hey forum,

Last games I started to play some AP/supports like Morgana or Zilean, and I would like to hear your critics on my build, because I think it's kinda OP and don't really know the disadvantages of it.
I start of with Doran's Ring, then I grab Philosofers Stone and CDR-boots, then Lucky Pick and then Heart of Gold. Then I start to build to Zhonias Hourglass and sell my Doran's for Abysell's. Late game I build Philosofers Stone in Shurelya's. Very late game I sell Lucky Pick and Heart of Gold for usefull items like Guardian's or maybe even Rylai's cristal scepter.
What do you guys think?

Alkharim

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-12-2011

The fact that you play Morgana as a support is itself a disgrace... She was built as an AP carry, nothing wrong with your build substantially, but if you can play Morgana, play her MID, not support, leave that to people like Sona, Taric and Soraka.. Disadvantages? Anyone who builds MR effectively counters you, Zilean's bombs drop off late-game, and if you're playing Morgana support, they'll already have a huge amount of MR late game.. Play those champions mid, not as supports.

Ald0Raine

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

14-12-2011

Morgana support is actually not that bad, because she zones pretty hard due to her fairly high damage output and snare - same goes for Zilean.

Disadvantages of that build are that you are not as useful to your team in terms of utility (an Alistar with Shurelias will bring a lot more). Good thing about it is that you pretty much have two AP carries on your team and force the enemy carry to spend gold on MR.

I prefer Nidalee support over Zilean and Morgana though, as she does everything they do but better as she also has a heal, that is actually the strongest in the game AFAIK. - Soraka W. 350 (+0.45 per ability power) on 20 sec CD while Nida 190 (+0.7 per ability power) on 10 sec Cooldown.

fiiif

14-12-2011

Sounds good, no harm giving it a go!! Please never listen to guys like Alkharim, saying something different is retard, if you dont try it you dont know, maybe its no common, but that could also be due to no one figureing out how to actually play it right!. The best way to find out is to give it a go, and remember as support you dont need to heal damage as long as you stop them taking damage, so you need to time those shields