how can i counter olaf solo top ??

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

yamamoto1850

10-12-2011

as the titel says, i have played quit some games against him and with him as solo top
he just powns every solo top char with his true damage ability, how can i counter that ??

JahLike

10-12-2011

can he counter heimer ? something in my head is just saying not .... get a lux against him or morgana ....see how he does ....or a good poke char .... swain ..... another one: anivia ....i will send u b with all of those and u will farm sh*t... another maybe irelia or akali ...i do not play either maybe a irelia or akali player can correct me

yamamoto1850

10-12-2011

irelia will lose to just like singed akali i havent tried. the true damage will kill them . and i heard that switching with your ad carry might be good

LoLiverNut

10-12-2011

Kennen could probably do it.
Darting around, wearing down Olaf's HP with constant Q's will send him back, and you don't even have to go close enough to get hit by the True damage.

qwwertty

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-12-2011

Hmmmm i actually never had trouble with Olaf but when i have trouble in solo lane for some reason i play really defencive (i play a lot of Talon btw). When i feel that i cant lane i dont try and farm gold but i stay close by to get the exp and just defend the tower because i have ad (or ap depends on the champ) per lvl runes i know that im getting my stats up even without having gold but of course it is always better to have gold. When i get my ulti things usually get better and its much easier to lane but if you dont play def and risk getting killed or forced to go b a couple of times is very hard to come back because your opponent is going to be far ahead in gold and exp.
Also when i solo lane i get doran shield because of the def stats and the health regen lets me stay in lane longer, because i dont usually farm gold on hard lanes and my opponent does he usually go b to shop and i can farm a bit and push the lane. Playing like this can be boring but sometimes we need to have patience

Ald0Raine

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-12-2011

Every melee is going to have serious problems when the Olaf is good. Yorick and Maokai are a real pain in his ass, just as any ranged like Kennen or someone similar (preferably with escape mechanism).

Generally thinking, any health scaling tank would be good, because the only counter to true damage is health. Cho Gath and Malphite come to mind.

Yarzahn

12-12-2011

Any champion with:
- A kite/ avoidance
- A spammable ranged harass
- Strong sustain

Will do all right vs Olaf in the laning phase.

Mornos

14-12-2011

Ryze

TebsGenius

14-12-2011

Ryze is terrible post level 6, he just dies vs Olaf.

Best counters as someone mentioned is strong sustain. Pushers like Singed or Cho also work to SOME extent, but sustain is the best.

Other champs can do ok, you just have to call in some ganks from the junle and last hit. Most good champs will outshine Olaf mid-late game if you can keep up in CS.

Aggroteck

14-12-2011

Yorick.

Level W > E > E > Q > E > R > ~~~~

You'll keep yourself healed with E negating pretty much any of the damage he does in a few seconds.
Just gotta get yourself a Tear of the Goddess pretty early to avoid going OOM every other minute.

Keep in mind this is early game, I haven't solo laned against Olaf at high level using Yorick, probably a similar outcome though due to the outrageous melee damage with Q, slow and heal.