How do you deal with Caitlyn (+ Soraka/Sona) early game?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Doctoralex

09-12-2011

(I apologize in advance for my bad English, it is not my main language)

Now that's she's free this week, you almost always see A Caitlyn on the bottom lane. And I've never understood how you could stop her or at least make sure that your even in farm.

I've tried the following:

-Vayne + sona: Try to exhange pokes with Cait while Vayne farms as much as possible. Didn't work, they either had there own Sona for more pokes or Janna for stonger pokes by Cait. Or Soraka, who makes your pokes a waste of time.

-Urgot + Janna/Sona/Soraka: Urgot could out-poke Caitlyn. However, all they had to do is put a Soraka or a Taric there to negate most of the damage due to huge armor buffs + heals. Also, you'll need someone else to carry you to late game (Nasus solo top, Tryndamere jungle etc.)

That's the only two options I could think off. Please help, Caitlyn almost seems unstoppable in lane with either Soraka or Sona.

BTW:Come to think of it, pretty much any support works with Caitlyn:

Alistar: Offers the CC she needs. Also, a skilled Alistar could headbutt the enemy in the snaptraps.

Sona: I've never seen so many pokes. And even offers substain incase the enemy does get a few shots at you.

Soraka: Your pokes are now useless. Also, she will win in a straight fight thanks to the armor buff she gives. And a good Soraka will also silence any CC combo's (Alistar/Taric + Vayne for example) Oh and did I mention the endless mana for some extra Piltover Peacemakers and trap spamming?

Taric: The 'classic' combo. Taric's Stun into a trap or vica versa causes a nice stun of three seconds long. Taric also makes your pokes a lot less useful thanks to bonus armor and heals (no where near as useless as Soraka though).

Janna: This one seems like the least ideal since you lack Sustain. Caitlyn could actually get out-poked by an Urgot in this situation.

Aeon1337

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-12-2011

Caitlyn + Taric is more horrible just btw.

Cait + Sona or Soraka are pretty passive. Vs Soraka you just deal damage to both. She can only heal 1 and has 1248910241 sec cooldown. Vs Sona you deal damage to 1 champ. Her mana drains fast and she gotta retreat.

You can use nearly every carry to beat her except Ashe.

Simplexible

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-12-2011

Why not just use two ranged anti-carries to break them in half? Aim for the support first of course, focus down the soraka/sona. I remember one time I was using Twisted Fate and my lane partner was Kennen vs Caitlyn and Sona, we cut them in half with out double stuns and nukes.

I know using a carry + support is very popular atm but you need to do your own thing rather than copying people.

Aeon1337

09-12-2011

You gotta share your minions. Thats the problem. A usual solution is to put Urgot or Jax botlane instead of a carry.

Antoton

09-12-2011

you just take a nap while you take minion kills. Caitlyin + support just makes for the most boring first 20 minutes possible if support is good enough to buy wards.

xt002

09-12-2011

sivir+soraka.
you can soak up her piltover and disable traps in the bushes.

soraka gives you infinite mana so when she comes in to auto attack herarss you can just boomerang blade her for half her health.

if they go taric+cait just keep your shield for tarics stun, its super easy to block.

all you got to do is play it "smart" and not try to win an auto attack war with her, herrass her with your boomerang, don't try to auto attack her unless shes running away from your BB

mastarwe

09-12-2011

Another option is to use Blitz. Pull them in and they're done with.

fAAbulous

09-12-2011

Vayne + Alistar

The only lane i didn't beat with this combo was Catty + Leona.

DeAimon

09-12-2011

vayne+janna works too, overpowers cait+sona in raw damage, combine this with a slow + knockup from janna and watch them die.

TeiX

09-12-2011

boots and pots as starting items for the carry

i find that outmaneuvering caitlyn soften up a lot of her harass peacemaker has quite a wind up time you can usually sidestep it

your support needs ot ward the side brush tho if she is paired up with A cc support like allistar janna or taric

this was just my experiece tho i migth be off, although caitlyn and sona/soraka seems like a passive matchup