Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a tonne of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out Boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS


Top Runes

123
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jozrael

QA Analyst

10-10-2010

To avoid power creep, it will likely be a bit of both.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hazelwooder

Senior Member

10-10-2010

Quote:
Jozrael:
To avoid power creep, it will likely be a bit of both.


im happy your worried about powercreep (most games i have played have just been powercreeped until they are dead)

i guess shifting the runes will be quite good, i know there is the rune combiner but perhaps some kind of recycle thing for existing runes would be good with the change 50% of the runes ip value back.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sylian

Recruiter

10-10-2010

I'm against changing the runes, for a simple reason: That might mean that I'll have to buy new runes, which will cost a lot of IP. It's more fun to use the IP on new champions than on runes. Thus, it's probably best to leave runes as they are now. Would be really irritating to spend like 20k IP on a rune page just to have to replace it because of some buffs/nerfs.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

No Fun AIIowed

Senior Member

10-10-2010

Quote:
PewPewLazorz:

glyphs
- don't know anyone who uses CDR/lvl, but magic res/level can turn out quite useful



I use CDR/lvl
It's good because you get the most CDR when it's really needed and it doesn't allow you to be spamman' all your mana away at the start.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Melanchior

Senior Member

10-10-2010

marks:

armour penetration, magic penetration, attack speed

seals:

dodge, mana regen per level

glyphs:

cooldown/magic resistance/mana regen/ability power per level

quintessences:

movespeed, health, ability power, or anything really..


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jozrael

QA Analyst

10-10-2010

Quote:
Hazelwooder:
im happy your worried about powercreep (most games i have played have just been powercreeped until they are dead)

i guess shifting the runes will be quite good, i know there is the rune combiner but perhaps some kind of recycle thing for existing runes would be good with the change 50% of the runes ip value back.


I know when I was a player I personally would have loved to just have a trashcan to get rid of unnecessary runes -_-.

Quote:
Sylian:
I'm against changing the runes, for a simple reason: That might mean that I'll have to buy new runes, which will cost a lot of IP. It's more fun to use the IP on new champions than on runes. Thus, it's probably best to leave runes as they are now. Would be really irritating to spend like 20k IP on a rune page just to have to replace it because of some buffs/nerfs.


Unfortunately, the long-term health of the meta is more important, although I understand your frustrations in this area - runes are EXPENSIVE. However, having a select few runes be the only viable ones is not good. We're not looking to nerf, say, arpen marks into the ground - just bring their power level in line with other runes. This won't make them useless, but balanced - you don't NEED to go out and buy anything else, but you'll now have the option to and not be totally gimping yourself.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

JackTheHat

Senior Member

10-11-2010

IMO if the runes are rebalanced it might be an idea to give people a one time option to 'trade' in their current runes for others, obviously dont allow people to trade it in for normal IP just let people swap them or something.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hazelwooder

Senior Member

10-11-2010

Quote:
Jozrael:
I know when I was a player I personally would have loved to just have a trashcan to get rid of unnecessary runes -_-.


I got rid of most of the runes i didnt need by merging them till i got something useful, i got a AP quint out of it and an attack speed mark (tier 3) so i was happy with that all i have left is one tier 1 hp quint


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sylian

Recruiter

10-13-2010

Quote:
Jozrael:
Unfortunately, the long-term health of the meta is more important, although I understand your frustrations in this area - runes are EXPENSIVE. However, having a select few runes be the only viable ones is not good. We're not looking to nerf, say, arpen marks into the ground - just bring their power level in line with other runes. This won't make them useless, but balanced - you don't NEED to go out and buy anything else, but you'll now have the option to and not be totally gimping yourself.
When the new runes come, I think you should offer people the opportunity to sell their current runes for the full price and thus be able to start over fresh. I would really dislike if I had spent 24k on Runes that I'd have to replace. Some of my friends are reaching level 21 soon and have saved some money on runes, it wouldn't be nice for them to have spent 12-24k on runes that they don't want anymore.

So, I'm not really against changing the runes if you give the players an option to exchange their current runes for new ones.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Wìngs

Senior Recruiter

10-13-2010

Sylian, the reason to change the runes is to make you buy new ones! don't want silly people to start buying champs with rp now.


I also think changing runes is fine, but limiting competitive options what it implies(limiting due the time req to create multiple pages) is against your own believes.


123