Top laners

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dotide

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-12-2011

Hey guys,
Whats your tier-list for top laners? and who counters who?
i like Nasus, WW, Irelia the most whats their counter and who do they counter?

Supertubes

04-12-2011

well, there's a lot of good solo top champs, as usual it depends on the entire team constellation.

I usually chose between those:

- Tryndamre (Ghost/Cleanse)
- Galio (Flash/Teleport)
- Wukong (Flash/Exhaust-Ignite)

also Yorick, Skarner and Cho

i also play kennen from time to time since he actually cant get ganked, has no mana issues and pwns all those meeles. and when he got his hextech revolver he doesnt even need to go back.

Bubbles Pandora

04-12-2011

Kennen seems to dominate the toplane, though i play him very tanky ap.
Mpen,Armor,Mres(per lvl) and Hp regeneration quints.
Starting with boots and healthpots, rush sunfire cape, mercury treads, then force of the nature and rylais, finishing build with rabadons and zhonyas.
tell me how to counter him on top

OrD0g

04-12-2011

my favs:

1st: Yorick > all
2nd: SInged
3rd: Olaf

smurf112

04-12-2011

Cho ..

omnomnom

Arthandir

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-12-2011

tryndamere is an absolute beast currently with his retarded ammount of sustain and lategame faceroll, gets countered by a fair few champs though (teemo for example, swain, possibly yorick)

cho can pretty much outsustain most solotops save a few select ones and can outlane them hard if he gets his farm up

nasus, q-farm all day, enough said

singed, poisontrail, trololo... also spam laugh emote at the enemy while doing so and be an unkillable juggernaught in lategame

lanewick supposedly does ok too, dont see him all that often

wukong supposedly is a beast since the mastery/summonerspell changes, again dont see him that often though... i imagine he towerdives like a beast

often overlooked: blitzcrank... zone your enemy all day every day due to your grab... if the enemy does not have ranged attacks he'll have to hide behind his minions and loose farm or risk eating a grab/knockup/ult combo which hurts most champs alot

BoOly

04-12-2011

I'm not that big of a solo top blitz fan though. As a blitz player, i can tell you this combo you're talking about has a huge mana cost and won't kill a good player who's smart enough to stay behind creep or take pots to have his hp high enough.

Often, when soloing blitz, you'll actually find yourself zoned to your own turret due to your lack of sustained damage (what is not that bad given the fact that turret-hugging blitz is a beast, but it seriously lowers your cs).

Imo, Blitz's place is as a support on bottom lane or roaming.

Arthandir

04-12-2011

maybe i'm just scarred by being owned by awesome blitzcranks one time to often or something

rushing manamune somewhat mitigates the mana problem though... start meki pendant, rush tear, rush manamune, zone the enemy with grab/knockup combo... they will start to respect that sooner or later and start hiding behind their creeps, effectively loosing farm... granted this wont work against toplaners with dash/supersustain like irelia or trynd but lots of the ones that dont have innate escape abilities and are meele will come to hate you

granted, blitz is more of a counterpick really, but still against several champs he is a total beast, especially if you can scare them into hiding behind their minions early on

BoOly

04-12-2011

Just to further discuss blitz's role, i gave a try to jungling with him and proved to be quite fun. Even though his clear time is terrible, he's actually a gank beast and a more than decent counter-jungler (grab dat buff and smite it! ^^).

Betaglutamate

04-12-2011

I think there is no best solo top,

every solo top can be countered so you need to just find a good counter and you cna win.