Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a tonne of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out Boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Counter to Gragas mid.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tramzh

11-29-2011

Hey, can someone explain how I can counter Gragas mid , as an AP carry in lane ? Like, how to play against him and what to pick. I seem to have problems losing to him every single time, I have no problems with any other hero except this guy. If i go aggressive and gets him low, he just pokes me hard and I get ganked by their jungler, if i play def, he pokes me and denies my last hits.
Help please:S

I Derp my Herp

11-29-2011

I usually go brand mid versus Gragas mid it is 50/50 who wins usually cause depends what champion hits their skill shots more often.

but im only 1300 elo what do i know.

- i derp my herp

PhreakStyle

11-29-2011

keep moving, away from minions so tht he as too choose between farming or harassing you

EDIT: i play gragas myself and one thing tht rly anoys me is when i throw my barrel (ususaly aim for apponents back) and the enemy just moves forward ^^^, and with minions nerf it wont be a prob to do this

grillenvernichtu

11-29-2011

anyone who can dodge his q can win against him. he is melee.

HDm Loshwei

11-29-2011

Brand and swain do really well.

Yippster

Recruiter

11-29-2011

- Don't move/evade in a set pattern (makes it too easy to hit you)
- start with boots+pots in most cases

- pick champs with any movement skill
- silence while barrel is in mid air prevents activation if i'm not entirely mistaken (Kassadin...)

Youmu Myonpaku

Recruiter

11-29-2011

I mostly dominate Gragas when I play swain or anivia, Whenever he uses his drinking skill (dunno what its called =p), I use my nevermove/flash frost forcing him to cancel it or get harrased without trading back.
Other than that, you basically dodge his barrels.
He will often try to push lane with a barrel then gank another lane, then you can use your Q/R combo with anivia or W/R with swain, and chase him or push his turret.

JJise

Recruiter

11-29-2011

depends .. what do you mean by counter?

killing him?
simply allowing you to farm?

BobsynS

11-29-2011

Quote:
Yippster:

- silence while barrel is in mid air prevents activation if i'm not entirely mistaken (Kassadin...)

I dont think Kassadin counters Gragas, cause Kassadin get raped before he hit 6. At least of a farming side. Any attemp of hiting creep by Kassadin he got insta barrel in his face. As far as melee power, i think gragas is way stronger than Kass.

Cardiac Arrest

11-29-2011

Ryze, Cassio, Fizz.