Counter to Gragas mid.

12345 ... 6
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tramzh

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

29-11-2011

Hey, can someone explain how I can counter Gragas mid , as an AP carry in lane ? Like, how to play against him and what to pick. I seem to have problems losing to him every single time, I have no problems with any other hero except this guy. If i go aggressive and gets him low, he just pokes me hard and I get ganked by their jungler, if i play def, he pokes me and denies my last hits.
Help please:S

PR Derp my Herp

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

29-11-2011

I usually go brand mid versus Gragas mid it is 50/50 who wins usually cause depends what champion hits their skill shots more often.

but im only 1300 elo what do i know.

- i derp my herp

PhreakStyle

29-11-2011

keep moving, away from minions so tht he as too choose between farming or harassing you

EDIT: i play gragas myself and one thing tht rly anoys me is when i throw my barrel (ususaly aim for apponents back) and the enemy just moves forward ^^^, and with minions nerf it wont be a prob to do this

grillenvernichtu

29-11-2011

anyone who can dodge his q can win against him. he is melee.

HDm Loshwei

29-11-2011

Brand and swain do really well.

Yippster

Recruiter

29-11-2011

- Don't move/evade in a set pattern (makes it too easy to hit you)
- start with boots+pots in most cases

- pick champs with any movement skill
- silence while barrel is in mid air prevents activation if i'm not entirely mistaken (Kassadin...)

Saivex

Recruiter

29-11-2011

I mostly dominate Gragas when I play swain or anivia, Whenever he uses his drinking skill (dunno what its called =p), I use my nevermove/flash frost forcing him to cancel it or get harrased without trading back.
Other than that, you basically dodge his barrels.
He will often try to push lane with a barrel then gank another lane, then you can use your Q/R combo with anivia or W/R with swain, and chase him or push his turret.

JJise

29-11-2011

depends .. what do you mean by counter?

killing him?
simply allowing you to farm?

BobsynS

29-11-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yippster View Post
- silence while barrel is in mid air prevents activation if i'm not entirely mistaken (Kassadin...)
I dont think Kassadin counters Gragas, cause Kassadin get raped before he hit 6. At least of a farming side. Any attemp of hiting creep by Kassadin he got insta barrel in his face. As far as melee power, i think gragas is way stronger than Kass.

Cardiac Arrest

29-11-2011

Ryze, Cassio, Fizz.

12345 ... 6