@Riot Can we get some new mechanics?...

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IraJesterCrash

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-12-2011

ive got some ideas for mechanics:

-skillshots/dashes which u can bounce at walls

-an aoe blind like heimer but using around urself e.g. a sandstorm around urself

-a taunt, which u can place somewhere and let the enemy position

-2 champs who can only be played if the other one is taken (if its work)

-a flinge-like ability: stun the enemy and flinge urself to the front.

-making something with the heat system which makes u faster at 50% and slows u on 100%

-a champ who cant auto-attack but using many sorts of bombs/mines and his ultimate is bombing himself up and doing massive aoe dmg or the next 2/3 hits let him explode (hey creeper im talking to u).

ive got more ideas, some of them in my thoughts already told.

if there are any ideas already told let me know.

gl hf all

Ir0nHead3

MY POOP SCREAMS

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-12-2011

a skill that increase opponent's skill cooldown by extra 5 seconds.

what you guys think about this 1? could fit zilean xD

another idea about a skill:

Skill reflect.

returns the skill effect to the skill user.

for example morgana throws her stun at me and if she hit me and i activated the ''Skill reflect'' she will get stunnend instead of me being stunnend.

ryankffx

12-12-2011

how about a support with shens ability to teleport,
this would increase aggresive gameplay.
as it would allow the support to back consistently to buy wards etc.
and give solo lane or your carry a reason to engage with the support ready,
and i mean a true support i.e healer sheild'er stunner etc

ArnaOthar

13-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryankffx View Post
how about a support with shens ability to teleport,
this would increase aggresive gameplay.
as it would allow the support to back consistently to buy wards etc.
and give solo lane or your carry a reason to engage with the support ready,
and i mean a true support i.e healer sheild'er stunner etc
hmm, not really a new mechanic and would be just a pure copy, would be perceived negatively by most summoners I think.

SandScorpion

13-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ir0nHead3 View Post
2 champs who can only be played if the other one is taken (if its work)
So how does the first player take one of those champs? xD

3Lo Hell

13-12-2011

Meddler, how about such mechanic:

"transfer pain": toggle with few sec cd, you can cast it on your teammate and when he's in the range of "X" you'll take "X" % of the dmg he took from other players / minions. This would be great mechanic for tanks.

If tank get stunned, feared or silenced toggle will turn off and player will have to re-cast it again.

IraJesterCrash

13-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandScorpion View Post
So how does the first player take one of those champs? xD
first thought is when champ 1 is selected champ 2 is unlocked. if no1 takes champ 2 champ1 is getting random champ.

Alpha Lunaris

13-12-2011

What I would really, really really like to see is certain skillshots being able to bounce off walls and such. For example, a new champion could have a passive which allows for skillshot bouncing.

Meddler

Lead Champion Designer

13-12-2011
82 of 129 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor Maple View Post
Some mechanics I have thought of

1. A painter based champion who paints red, blue, yellow auras on the map. Overlapping them can yield green, purple, and orange more powerful aoes.

2. On an initiator, an ability that can knock down terrain for a time, allowing for surprise teamfights

3. A pirate yordle support with a telescope (line cv) and something like X marks the spot from dota as his ultimate.

4. A vampiric old lady who gets young and beautiful as she gets more powerful

5. A robot whos abilities do something different based on the previous spell cast. E after Q will be different from E after W. His ultimate could reset his non ultimate cooldowns.
1. That's a cool theme for an area control champ and a nice intuitive way of showing that the effects combine into something different when used together.

2. We don't have destructible terrain tech at present, as discussed previously we can get the same sort of play out of bridge spells though.

3. Like the thin line of sight = telescope thematic, that's simple and elegant.

4. Agree that champs whose appearance changes as they level up would be neat (will ask around as to whether we've got the tech for this).

5. We do spend a fair it of time trying various combo kits, some work out (Brand) some go back to the drawing board.

Nice post.

Meddler

Lead Champion Designer

13-12-2011
83 of 129 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArnaOthar View Post
Meddler, I really appreciate your interaction with the community here on the EUW forums.
Thank you for that.

I have another small mechanic that I'd appreciate if you could look into it.

Mechanic:

Rotation: there's multiple pulls & knockbacks in game, but how about rotations?
The mechanic would work similar to how satellites are revolving around planets.
A centripetal force-based mechanic

The mechanic would have a 2 click targetting system:
1st click selects the target you want to use it on, the 2nd click would allow you to choose a direction orthogonal to the direction of the target. The target would then be rotated over, lets say 90, with you as a center & in the direction you choose.

Another option would be to have something simular with all champions around you, in this case it would be an ulti.

type of champion it would fit:

gravity based champion: ability could be named gravitational orbit

ulti could reinforce his abilities (reinforce his nucleus) and expand the effect to all champions within a certain range.

edit: added a small concept image of the mechanic
Gravity champs get discussed every so often and Ezreal has been advocating for a particular gravity champ for a while now, no idea what sort of kit he has in mind though.

A rotational skill would definitely reward some skilled positional play in team fights so a definite plus there. Suspect you'd want it to be a utility skill, rather than a core skill, on a champion since its use in lane would be often quite limited. Targeting's the other thing I'd wonder about - two click skills don't flow so well, though I can't immediately think of a cleaner way offering the same control.