FPS problems, lag spikes, disconnects from PVP.net

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Elvoz

28-11-2011

About a week ago, I posted a few times in threads here because I was having FPS problems. After experimentating with settings and updating my drivers and such, my FPS finally was back to what it was, about 90-110 average. That is, until today.

While I have played 5+ games yesterday with 90-110 FPS, all my games today were with 30 FPS or less. On the exact same graph settings on the exact same PC. Moreover, in my last game I was experiencing really heavy lag spikes. While my latency and FPS were fairly constant and didn't spike, I experienced heavy delay all the time. This caused me to die several times without even knowing what happened. It came to the point where I would rightclick a minion and I would see its health drop from my attacks, but my champ would just stand still and do nothing.

The last thing I experienced was the huge amount of disconnects from PVP.net. @ random. I would just be in the client chatting with the friend and having a warning pop up every 10 seconds that I was disconnected from PVP.net. And every now and then, I had to restart the client after a game because I was disconnected from PVP.net.

FYI: My laptop hasn't been changed since yesterday. No programs installed, nothing removed, no settings changed, nothing wrong with my internet. There is just no change in any way. How can this be?

TL;DR: FPS around 30 all the time, random lag spikes and delay without change in latency, random disconnects from PVP.net. And yesterday everything was fine.

Tgys

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

28-11-2011

Could be overheating hardware, check the temperatures while idle and while in-game, especially the GPU temp.
Today I also get very little disconnects for about a second, sometimes. Only while in the main screen tho, not while being in-game.

Elvoz

28-11-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGYoshi View Post
Could be overheating hardware, check the temperatures while idle and while in-game, especially the GPU temp.
Today I also get very little disconnects for about a second, sometimes. Only while in the main screen tho, not while being in-game.
Everything is ok. After the issues with FPS before, I bought a laptop cooler and my laptop hasn't even been close to overheating since.

Tgys

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

28-11-2011

Lol, never knew additional laptop coolers existed :P.

Just for if you didn't try it yet, check taskmanager for CPU/memory eating processes.
Lag happens in any other games?

Elvoz

28-11-2011

Just restarted my laptop, and FPS was back to normal again. Laptop had been switched on all day, suppose that was the problem. Thread can be closed.

Tgys

Recruiter

28-11-2011

Then I'd still recommend you to check your memory and related stuff, since it seems to clog up.