Gangplank counter

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Require

23-11-2011

I was riven top and gangplank just crushed me.. Never failed like this before. His damage was just insane, i dont know if he crit or what but his dmg was still sick.
So what should i do as riven against a gp? My hp was just melting, and i was so squishy. I went cloth, i had armor and mr runes too. he pokes and pokes, and he pushes the lane, so i cant really harass him back at all. (I got 0 ganks, but i dont blame the jungler). Got any tips to riven top in general?

I Ash I UK

23-11-2011

When I know my lane is going to be tough while solo I always buy an early Chain Mail or Negatron Cloak if they are AP. You can usually tell by about level 4 or 5 how hard your lane is going to be if you are good at sizing up your opponents. If you get it early their early game damage will barely scratch you.

So yeah, buy a chain mail on your first back or ASAP if GP is giving you trouble.

I don't mean to brag, but by doing this I rarely lose my lane solo top. If I know its going to be a hard game I buy the defensive items to negate the damage, if its going to be easy I buy the offensive items to crush them in lane.

All good builds need a certain amount of defence mid-late game anyway, so its not like its a waste either.

Edit: I'm no expert with Riven (player her once), so I'm just giving my general insight. I know she scales heavily off AD so it might seem like a slight waste, but you can always build it into Atmas later.

Arturia

23-11-2011

You steal his supply of citrus.

SIMSEdotDK

23-11-2011

Don't play Riven against him, simple.
Irelia is a very good counter to Gangplank.

V5 King Gary

23-11-2011

riven crushes GP, so you played it wrongly.

>you traded badly
>you didn't trade
>armor runes??
>if he got you too low till level 3/4 you lost lane

CleanMyTrousers

23-11-2011

With GP i think the key is getting into a state where you DO trade. Where GP wins a lane is when he hits you with his Q for 'free'. Hit and run. If you ruin the 'run' in his tactic then you can mostly beat a GP in lane.

When he approaches try recognise it and go in. If you make him eat an orange you've won because the mana that takes is huge and he won't be able to Q you anymore.

TehStyloW

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

23-11-2011

If GP does that much dmg on a top lane, he 's probably gonna be on the squishy side, or you 're on the squishy side. So, AGGRESSIVE PLAYSTYLE!

Require

24-11-2011

Ive beaten a gp before, but this one was hard, and i tried to trade, but his attack speed and Q just hit harder really. I dont lose top often as riven.