Maestro error every patch -> AVAST !

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NightKillerr

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

23-11-2011

So I've found this thread on the NA forums and it seems that I'm not the only one having this issue. I'm using Avast Internet Security on both my laptop and PC and they both have the same problem:

Every update the same error appears:

"League of Legends has lost contact with Maestro. League of Legends will now exit. Please try restarting the application."

Now the bad part.. the only way to fix this is to uninstall/reinstall LoL completely!

This is really a big annoyance, I could get another Antivirus / Firewall but I don't want to switch something that has worked great for many years just because of a game (I tried a lot of free and even payed suites and none were as good as avast IMO).

Now here is a brief description of the actual problem (partially copied from NA):

- It happens at the login.
- It happens after a patch
- C: D: B: installation paths, it doesn't really matter, I got it on D: now but I had the same error on C:
- It's PROBABLY not the computer's security bugging the connection
- Repairing won't fix it, a complete uninstallation is needed. Does anyone know why this is the case?
- Everyone with this issue is using AVAST

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=1235906

That thread was ignored while there are tons of Avast users suffering with this issue...

Lycalopex

23-11-2011

it's not avast, geez.

"oh hey, we're all using Windows, that's probably the problem!"

cmon, be a little more critical here. I've had this issue and I do not use Avast and never have. I'm having this problem right now and I've had it some times before. it seems to be something to do with the patches, but I've just rebooted, which usually solves it, and now it didn't. this is really annoying riot, I'm disappointed to see you pay more attention to making skins and paid content than to solve common bugs.

NightKillerr

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

23-11-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lycalopex View Post
it's not avast, geez.

"oh hey, we're all using Windows, that's probably the problem!"

cmon, be a little more critical here. I've had this issue and I do not use Avast and never have. I'm having this problem right now and I've had it some times before. it seems to be something to do with the patches, but I've just rebooted, which usually solves it, and now it didn't. this is really annoying riot, I'm disappointed to see you pay more attention to making skins and paid content than to solve common bugs.
Not Avast:

- Avast wasn't installed for 1 month on PC as I forgot about it after formatting (lol) - no problem on PC while laptop still suffered from this issue after each update

- Installed Avast yesterday, today patch -> same problem again as on laptop and before format on this PC

k.

Lycalopex

23-11-2011

how do you explain the fact that I've seen this error on computers without AVAST? that's clearly not the main problem. correlation does not imply causation

NightKillerr

23-11-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lycalopex View Post
how do you explain the fact that I've seen this error on computers without AVAST? that's clearly not the main problem. correlation does not imply causation
The fact still remains that everyone using Avast has this error after every single update. I also had this error before on non-avast PC but then a simple "fix" from the launcher fixed it, while this isn't the case when using Avast cuz the only way to fix it is to completely uninstall LoL.

edit: Besides, there are plenty of answered threads of how to fix this issue, but none of them work when using Avast (and most people also don't get this error every single update unless they're using avast). So stay on-topic or find / create another thread if your problem isn't caused by Avast, because ours obviously is.

Muczyc

23-11-2011

I'm using Avast! and I'm affected by this issue, no need for uninstalling LoL though, just a quick reboot works.

Demoris

07-02-2013

My English is very bad, but I'll try.
this problem with Avast, more precisely to the firewall (Brandmauer).
decision error - restart the computer or make Repair client (other variants - reinstall)

my manipulations with the full resolution of any operations carried out by the client to no avail.

Nomwisegangy

14-02-2013

Yea restart after installing the patch and then there is no more error. Its really quite daft. I had the error even after a full re-install.

ihatepikingnames

04-05-2014

This post in NA forum solved for me:

http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com....php?t=3144533