Udyr top Runes and Masteries (New Patch)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GiaLoTa

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

16-11-2011

Hi there, so the new patch has came out and here is what in my concerne the most suitable runes and masteries for Udyr top.

This masteries/runes are highly based on Sustain which would allow us to dominate our opponent to the death, rendering him inefficient:

P.S.
Likely questions
1) Why I take Indomitable rather then Honor Guard. The solution here is that 1% won't affect nor minions damage neither Champion damage much, but if are going to overextand -2 flat damage reduction against minions, will play significant role, giving us up to 28 free Health per 3 second.
2) Why not to take first tree? First tree provides either Phys. damage benefits or Magic damage, the problem here is that Udyr does both types of damage, and he doesn't benefit from Crit %/damage much.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Click image for larger version

Name:	s1.jpg
Views:	1442
Size:	209.5 KB
ID:	63005 Click image for larger version

Name:	s2.jpg
Views:	1019
Size:	146.7 KB
ID:	63006<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

P.S. maybe some of you would like to see my bad-ass Udyr early laning phase from some time ago
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4YLu6cBywQc

aLmNor

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

16-11-2011

Masteries seem perfect to me, but what do I know...
Maybe you can try MS Quints? I think they would suit Udyr just fine.

GiaLoTa

16-11-2011

MS quints used to be good, but now you get a HUGE ms buff from masteries of 5%, moreover from AD quints you get + 25 damage on each Q at level 1 (10phys and 15magic damage)

SIMSEdotDK

16-11-2011

I need to try that 15+ damage on him.
Seems like a beast.

GiaLoTa

16-11-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaW Simse View Post
I need to try that 15+ damage on him.
Seems like a beast.
37,5 damage on Q level 1, yup

SIMSEdotDK

16-11-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiaLoTa View Post
37,5 damage on Q level 1, yup
Yes please!

ProfDrDeath

16-11-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiaLoTa View Post
MS quints used to be good, but now you get a HUGE ms buff from masteries of 5%, moreover from AD quints you get + 25 damage on each Q at level 1 (10phys and 15magic damage)
I don't completely agree here. Certainly, you'll get a big speed boost when your HP > 70%, but when you're not so healthy, the boost will drop to 2%. Moreover, you now pay 7 mastery points on it, while you'd pay 3 for always 3% before.

Therefore, MS quints can still be good. Depends on your champion and personal style.

GiaLoTa

16-11-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfDrDeath View Post
I don't completely agree here. Certainly, you'll get a big speed boost when your HP > 70%, but when you're not so healthy, the boost will drop to 2%. Moreover, you now pay 7 mastery points on it, while you'd pay 3 for always 3% before.

Therefore, MS quints can still be good. Depends on your champion and personal style.
it's true old masteries MS was better, but in lane you usually keep it up 70% anyway. Moreover previous low level MP problems were solved by 6% increased recovery + 3/5 mp regen, now you get this MP boost each level, which would drive you ok to your level 5-9 (depending on how you add points on W)

CrystalFlame

16-11-2011

Thanks a lot played udyr today but with a bit different build,was hoping someone will make 1 fast

leida269

16-11-2011

Might be a stupid question. But why indomitable over hardiness?