Annie support.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Korinthe

13-11-2011

I decided that with sona getting nerfed and my favourite thing about her is her ulti, that I would try to play Annie as a support champion for the stuns from her passive. Tibbers + W are both aoe stuns much like a Sona ulti, well that was my train of thought...

It actually worked really well. Granted it was only a normal game, so no ranked seriousness or anything.

Laning phase was really easy. They were forced to play passive / defensive because they were always scared of my charged up stun. I used mana regen per level blues and yellow so that I could re-charge my stun with W so that I wasn't forced to take CS from my carry to charge it up.

Pressured some good kill attempts with Vayne + my stun, sadly didn't get anything because they were Tristana / Soraka so they had a few escape mechanisms.

However, it was midgame where the build truely shined out. I was able to get atleast 2 aoe stuns in each teamfight, the first one being a Tibbers stun followed by a W stun shortly after. In a longer teamfight I even got 3x AoE stuns down.

My damage wasn't all that bad. It was a little awkward seeing Annie skills not completely nuking her targets health but for a supporting champion with hardly any AP, I certainly did quite alot of damage.

Tibbers itself provided alot of damage, making sure he was running about in the middle of them the whole time provided the team with a free sunfire cloak which later on started doing 80 damage per second, per target.

All in all, I will be trying this again. I think that support Annie lanes very similar to how a support GP lanes, she pokes alot. In teamfights she gives some amazing stuns, it is almost like having 2-3 Sona ulti's for each teamfight.

Thoughts / opinions?

Gumner

13-11-2011

Pantheon might be a better support as annies stun isn't always available (and your method of charging it with w makes it a realy long CD)
or maby brand

Masamune00

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

13-11-2011

hiding all day in a bush and buying only 5/gold items and wards dont make you a support

Afterki

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

13-11-2011

She would be better tank than a support, because she has no support skills, but has one selfshield skill.

rodzooo

13-11-2011

actually most champions with really strong aoe ultis can work as support but only in some situations...
they work pretty cool against janna+sth comps, you can harrass pretty really strong and both sides have like no heal

i played quite a lot of gp and maokai as support but once you're against soraka you're pretty much useless (unless you're sure you can like burst them down everytime they even show their faces = u need good aggressive ad)

ik3noob

13-11-2011

Nice idea.
With high enough levels Annies damage is not so bad.
Maybe you can get Kage's as a gold per 5 item, and convert it into a dfg later on. Solves the "i cant kill them from full hp"-problem

rodzooo

13-11-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masamune00 View Post
hiding all day in a bush and buying only 5/gold items and wards dont make you a support
i guess providing a vision and feeding your ad carry killz counts as support tho : )
is not working in all situations tho as i wrote

Korinthe

13-11-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masamune00 View Post
The opposite would be Karma who is a superb support champion but doesn't get any high level play in tournaments because she needs to take farm from her carry. Which in this metagame simply can not happen.

Actually, what you said is the definition of a support character in this metagame.

JuinX

13-11-2011

A few weeks ago i made a list from Champions which I used as Supports... some of them are "better" support and a few of them were just 4 fun... but it worked out.
Here's the list

Support:

Alistar
Blitzcrank
Fiddlesticks
Gankplank
Janna
Jarvan
Leona
Lux
Maokai
Mundo
Nidalee
Poppy
Sona
Soraka
Taric
Teemo
Tryndamere
Twitch
Zilean

I was also thinking about Annie support... but i think in Teamfights you cannot do more than one AoE stun if you are able... I think there are not much options for Annie support only to **** up lane enemy with long cd stuns~
The game has no rules for the champions you have to use and i really like to test some new things just 4 fun... it's like the Gankplank support... never used in the past and then suddenly GP support new meta~

sollniss

13-11-2011

Try Leona.