"BG"

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

mememolly

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-10-2010

What the f*ck?!
Why do people have the need to say "bg" at the end of every f*cking game? (When they loose, sometimes even when they win)
I've never seen this "term" in other games. Community here is just.. well just bad.
And btw "gg" doesn't necessarily mean "good game my friend, I enjoyed this lost game". Its just something you say. Like you say "bye" IRL (and u can think "f*ck you" to yourself but u don't say "f*ck you")
This term "bad game" is just ridiculous.

Tsumeato

03-10-2010

Actually, why not say BG if you had leavers?

Was it a good game? No, it was a BAD GAME.

Edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mememolly View Post
What the f*ck?!
Like you say "bye" IRL (and u can think "f*ck you" to yourself but u don't say "f*ck you")
**** example, Challenging it.

So if you get ra'ped IRL, do you say GG i got owned, but still.

Xaves8

03-10-2010

Quote:
What the f*ck?!
Why do people have the need to say "bg" at the end of every f*cking game? (When they loose, sometimes even when they win)
I've never seen this "term" in other games. Community here is just.. well just bad.
And btw "gg" doesn't necessarily mean "good game my friend, I enjoyed this lost game". Its just something you say. Like you say "bye" IRL (and u can think "f*ck you" to yourself but u don't say "f*ck you")
y the hell do you care about the end of the game play and stf this GG threads are so stupid
say what do you want to say .

No Fun AIIowed

03-10-2010

I hear it all the time, someone gets outvoted on their favourite map on TF2 and plays it anyway it gets to the end " BG guys **** map"
It's just an expression that they thought the game that just happened was ****.
it happens :P

Avila

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-10-2010

Because losing thanks to random retard/feeder isn't fun.You can't say "I've had a good game, but lost" when you are getting owned in the first 15 min.

Aeyth

03-10-2010

Its no more annoying than the enemy team steamrollering you, finishing in 20 mins and saying 'gg noobs'.

RoidRaceR

03-10-2010

Its a response that people started using because of all the ******y gg from team that wins.
You get a 0-10 guy, or you get 2 leavers, or they are a premade while you're 5 solo queuers. So you try to do your best, maybe you're even better than them, but the leaver/feeder/rest of team is just impossible obstacle to beat. So you surrender or let them end game, or get your 3 guys still in game killed by their 5. Then, just when game ends, the enemy team that only won beacuse of that leaver/feeder and played bad whole game starts spamming gg like they did some heroic feat, it gets pretty annoying, so now people will just preemptively say bg to vent frustration of said douchieness

Techno Ivan

03-10-2010

I think it's better to be honest. So even if the game was indeed bad and someone said Bg I wouldn't blame them.

It's far better than having some team roflstomp another because of players that ruined the game and then say gg.. it can be kinda insulting in those situations. Almost like.. That was a really good game... for us. It was so fun to wipe the floor with you when there are just 3 of you against us 5 etc.

Khurgar

03-10-2010

I'd say that since "gg" actually stands for something your arguement is wrong. I don't deny that some people say it all the time, for no apparent reason. But there might have been alot of fights within the team, and when that happens players rarley enjoy the game.

That or they are just bad losers. I don't really see what the problem about this term is anyways.

ThanatosVI

03-10-2010

Quote:
What the f*ck?!
Well imo , "gg" DOES necessarily mean "good game" and has nothing to do with bye or something , you can say bye if you mean so.
Its like if you say lets focus "Ashe" , when you mean "Akali" , 2 totally different things.

And well "bg" does stand for "bad game" , and i use it when i mean it was a bad game , e.g. leavers, server side lag, bugs( [unlocalized] , if someone is familiar with that error).
Then its a bad game , and honestly i dont get the point , if a team wins a 3vs5 and still writes "gg" , a 3vs5 isnt fair in any way , so it definately is no gg.

Thats my opinion about it.