New Free Champion Rotation (Preseason: Week 8)

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rosalynda

08-11-2011

Cait has been available 3 times in less than 6 weeks when Swaine has been available maybe 2-3 time in 6 month,

Amumu camping free rotation with alistar (when one isn't in the free rotation, it's the other one).

Shen is ****ed up since more than half a year and totaly useless: what you're doing with it you can do it 100x times easier with another bruiser or tank. Last time i saw Westrice play with it i wanted to cry for him, he lost without even doing something bad (the champ was bad enough to make him lose his lane by itself).

I'm pretty sure ww, fiddle & nasus were on free rotation lately, and they are in free rotation quite often anyway.

No gragas, no pantheon, no xin, no udyr, no swaine, no thrundle ... these have been available at max once in 2 month of rotation.

I did a bit of programming and it's not that hard just to track how many times a champ has been released and then to put in the free rotation the champs that were less often seen in the last months.

Jezex

08-11-2011

Sorry to be so rude but why on earth are you putting KAYLE as a free to play character for the week?

Kayle has already been gifted to ALL players not so long ago; so what is the point?

Additionally since her nerf she is unable to do squat late game.

/endrant

Flopshel

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

08-11-2011

No... not my Olaf D:

Satsuto

08-11-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosalynda View Post
Cait has been available 3 times in less than 6 weeks when Swaine has been available maybe 2-3 time in 6 month,
(this week)Week 8 - Cait
Week 7 - no Cait
Week 6 - no Cait
Week 5 - no Cait
Week 4 - no Cait
Week 3 - no Cait
Week 2 - no Cait
Week 1 - no Cait

Exactly the type of QQ post that gives the impression that RIOT screws every rotation but when you start looking at the actual rotations...

http://euw.leagueoflegends.com/news/champion-rotation

demondog

08-11-2011

+1 this is another meh rotation and nothing intresting im sure caitlyn has been around the block *ahem* a few times.

Sort it out riot.

GiveMeYourBrain

08-11-2011

i wanted to play SWAAAAAAIIIN but hes never in the rota =(

demondog

08-11-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satsuto View Post
(this week)Week 8 - Cait
Week 7 - no Cait
Week 6 - no Cait
Week 5 - no Cait
Week 4 - no Cait
Week 3 - no Cait
Week 2 - no Cait
Week 1 - no Cait

Exactly the type of QQ post that gives the impression that RIOT screws every rotation but when you start looking at the actual rotations...

http://euw.leagueoflegends.com/news/champion-rotation
fair point well made, your right about caitlyn, but ashe was there a couple of times and so was morde, and it looked liked they did alternate alistair and amumu, so the QQ isnt completly off.

Satsuto

08-11-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by demondog View Post
fair point well made, your right about caitlyn, but ashe was there a couple of times and so was morde, and it looked liked they did alternate alistair and amumu, so the QQ isnt completly off.
That's entirely true !

Although Ashe/Alistair/Amumu are, to me, some "new players" champs (along with Ryze and I would go as far as say... Garen) because thy can be picked up quickly by newbies (no direspect) so they can learn the different roles (AD Carry, AP carry, Tank...).

When you have a bit more hours of play under your belt (and some IPs) you should have a look at other characters by yourself...
I know I hardly wait for a champion to be free now, if there's one I have my eye on that becomes "free" I'll try it, otherwise i'll jut "buy" it...

What if RIOT didn't make any rotation at all ?
that would be worst than bad rotations IMHO...

And btw, I took this post only because it was the latest when I actually had a chance to answer ^^'

Yummyzombie

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-11-2011

Olaf at least :-)

Seyss Inquart

08-11-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosalynda View Post

Amumu camping free rotation with alistar (when one isn't in the free rotation, it's the other one).

Shen is ****ed up since more than half a year and totaly useless: what you're doing with it you can do it 100x times easier with another bruiser or tank. Last time i saw Westrice play with it i wanted to cry for him, he lost without even doing something bad (the champ was bad enough to make him lose his lane by itself).

I'm pretty sure ww, fiddle & nasus were on free rotation lately, and they are in free rotation quite often anyway.

No gragas, no pantheon, no xin, no udyr, no swaine, no thrundle ... these have been available at max once in 2 month of rotation.

I did a bit of programming and it's not that hard just to track how many times a champ has been released and then to put in the free rotation the champs that were less often seen in the last months.
clearly you dont know how to play shen, wich taunt is an aoe dissable for 2 seconds with maby 9 sec cooldown... ammumu, malphite, leona, galio have good aoe dissables too but wich so much more cooldown. (i know the side effects of their ults is bigger).
if you just only initia a fight with the taunt and taunt when its back from cd you are so usefull as shen.. duhhhhhhhh